Hell in a Cell 2009 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Hell_in_a_Cell_%282009%29.jpg

Here's the current card:

World Title Match:CM Punk (c) vs The Undertaker (Hell in a Cell Match)​
WWE Title Match:John Cena (c) vs Randy Orton (Hell in a Cell match)
IC Title Match:John Morrison (c) vs Dolph Ziggler
Divas Title Match:Mickie James (c) vs Alicia Fox
Unified Tag Title Match:Chris Jericho & Big Show (c) vs Batista & Rey Mysterio
US Title Match:Kofi Kingston (c) vs The Miz vs Jack Swagger
Drew McIntyre vs R-Truth
DX vs Legacy (Hell in a Cell match)​

noumenon

Just gotta see now if all the matches will be Hell in a Cell...or just the main events. If every match is HIAC....that's just fuckin lame.

noumenon

Initially I wasn't seein it as a big deal, but yeah...two gimmick PPV's in a row is a bit much.

Soulpower

I'm pretty sure that only the main events will take place inside HIAC.

Reaction score
I expect to see someone going through the top of the cage just like during the Undertaker VS Mankind match :icon6:

The Rated R CMStar

2 HIAC matches was already too much, and now it seems we are going to get 3 :/

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
The commentators said that all the matches would be Hell in a Hell. But they also said that all the matches at Breaking Point would submission matches. "Shame when they don't even know what the ppv's are.

noumenon

The commentators have been saying a lot of things that don't happen lately.

Qwake

This match is getting the Elimination Chamber Match treatment imo, its gonna turn to shit compared to when it started.

Reaction score
The Hell in a Cell should be used when a big heat-fueled feud is coming to an end. Not because it's October.

Great One

Announcers clearly said the main events would be in a hell in a cell only.

Airfixx

The commentators said that all the matches would be Hell in a Hell. But they also said that all the matches at Breaking Point would submission matches.

No didn't. They said from day 1 that "all main events" will be submission matches.

Great One said:
Announcers clearly said the main events would be in a hell in a cell only.

Good to see (the rest of) peeps 'round here are listening. :roll:

...You watch - Dispite your post, this'll continue to be debated right until the PPV happens.

Captain Awesome said:
The Hell in a Cell should be used when a big heat-fueled feud is coming to an end. Not because it's October.

Quoted for emphasis.

It doesn't seem right to me that Orton's contractual rematch should be a HIAC. I think their current fued is that which could/should build to one but the progression is not 'right'. Theye should have just had Orton continue to swerve Cena until he had "no escape blah" and have Cena finally win the title in the cell either that or just keep the belt on Randy and have Cena as the classic forever screwed babyface...

TK.GFX

Reaction score
Won't Cena vs Orton be the first Hell in A Cell match to not involve Taker or Trips since...ever?

EDIT:

Also, poster:
Hell_in_a_Cell_%282009%29.jpg

Dynamo

Reaction score
Hell in a cell won't be good. I'm actually only looking forward to the possibility of a Morrison v Ziggler match. I think the rest will just be predictable.

Just a thought; can anyone see Cena turning Heel? I know it kinda sounds out of the question, but there are so many Cena haters that it might just make it possible and open the door to a brand new side to the character?

I'd watch that!!!! Imagine the promo's. Cena gets dark after Losing the belt to Orton in some screwy way???