Heat between John Morrison and Trish Stratus

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Re: Heat on Morrison and Melina Over Trish

More on it from pwpix
Regarding the validity of the story, former WWE talent Sean Waltman (a/k/a X-Pac), who was on hand for the WrestleMania festivities in Atlanta, wrote yesterday on Twitter that a participant of the Six-Person Mixed Tag Team Match did not behave in a professional manner. He wrote to Stratus, "It was wonderful seeing you this weekend. You are a true professional, unlike someone else in your match and I don't mean Snookie."

He then added that he was very surprised and disappointed by the person's unprofessionalism.

According to a friend of Melina's, the Raw Diva is legitimately upset with Stratus. Melina has privately said that her source of contention with Stratus is not because she herself was snubbed from WrestleMania due to her, but because many of the Divas were. She's upset that many of them were snubbed from the grand event when they're on the road throughout the year, unlike her. Melina also said that she's not the only girl upset with Stratus for "taking their spot."

Meanwhile, Melina wrote a message on Twitter Tuesday defending her Diva peers, and that she will fight for them.

"I was eliminated from TE...Look how far I've come. I'm not the best but God knows I try my best! Thru all the h8 I'm still standing strong!"

"I don't care what ANY1 says, WWE Divas CAN wrestle. We prove it when we get time. I believe in them. I will fight 4 them until U see what I C."

"Thank you everyone. We have a strong group of women in the WWE. A roster that I'm proud to & be a part of."

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

She's got a fair point in all honesty...

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

I mean yeah she def got a point in that regard but being unprofessional about it and possibly fucking up your bf's career cause of it is not the route to go at all.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

She got a point, but really and truly half those girls wouldn't have jobs today if it weren't for Trish. WWE changed their whole approach to going after women in hopes that they find a model like her who could sell, talk, and wrestle while looking good. Kelly, Alicia, Brie, Nikki, Rosa, Maryse, Layla, and McCool are all diva search or catalog girls (Candice, Ashley, Kristal, Joy, Beverly, Savannah, etc) and got the opportunity because she made it big, just like Sunny and Sable opened the door and changed the mold for Trish.

Besides, lets be really real here. There are only 2 divas on the roster who flat out earned a mania spot, and they got them and the check to go with it in Michelle and Layla. The other girls with the exception of the Bellas who do a ton of PR and volunteer work for WWE are used off and on including Natalya and Beth. Layla and Michelle are the two who have worked both brands, did NXT, worked the most ppvs, worked more than one match on some nights, toured with both shows when they were co-champs to live events, been hurt and pushed through it, and been their best and most consistent female workers in the ring. They got rewarded for being the go to girls and female work horses for the company like they should have been, not just because they were on the roster like the others.

The only one with any bit of a gripe to me is Kelly and that is because she should have at least been in the corner with the way the angle kicked off on SD and at EC.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Juding by your criteria Layla definitley deserved Mania but McCool is then debatable using that same criteria because we've all seen the recent report on the number of houseshows the 2 of them worked in 2010. Hell, i'd love to see a complete list of house show appearances for all the Divas and then TV tapings too which I suspect wouldn't be overly flattering to McCool either. I'll leave it as that because I know what's coming and I frankly really can't be bothered with it.

Infact i'd say the Diva situation as a whole was a debacle. Snooki should have never been in the match and it wasn't necessary either. She should have been in the corner like Vickie was and had the confrontation at the end. That would then leave a spot open for Kelly to take her rightful spot in the match and get a Wrestlemania rub. Hell, maybe even Eve somehow who is a total afterthought besides being Diva's champion.

Onto Trish, other than a nostalgic boost I really don't see her being back while Tough Enough airs (that's what i'm guessing anyway) as something that's going to improve the division either. The chances are she's either going to go over LayCool which does nothing for the division or LayCool will go ove herr which will again do nothing for the division other than add a notch to their belts of who's jobbed to them. Maybe they'll surprise me and do something unexpected and something that will make me want to watch the Divas again which would be great, but there's also the sinister side of me which wants her coming back to fall flat on it's face with one the scenarios I mentioned above just to show that she's not this greater being who could waltz back into the division and it would improve ten fold like people seem to think.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

The thing that gives me hope that she will make the division better is because she seems to care about the division and not just putting herself over. But at the end of the day it is up to the writers as to what goes on with that division which sadly has been a whole lot of nothing for a minute now. So guess we will see.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Trish Stratus Speaks About Morrison, Cena, and Snooki

Posted by PWPIX on 04/08/2011

Former WWE Women's Champion Trish Stratus is on a promotional tour this weekend promoting the much anticipated release of Ball Enforcers. She appeared on the Busted Open satellite show this morning and notably confirmed reports that John Morrison gave her the cold shoulder during their post-match celebration at WrestleMania XXVII. She also confirmed reports that he passed over suggestions she had for working together.

Highlights are as follows:

Trish Stratus on John Morrison snubbing her at Wrestlemania:

"I got a bit of cold shoulder action, correct. John Morrison himself is amazing. He’s a great athlete. I was really looking forward to working with him. I thought it would be cool if we could do some stuff together. He didn't think it would be that cool. It happens.

"Hey whatever. It happens. You know he's into his thing and just didn’t think that I should part of his thing I guess, but I still admire him as an athlete, as a performer. I think he does a great job out there. Cold shoulder? Yeah I felt it. I was shunned. Some people are not smart maybe? You know they wrestle well, but maybe they’re not smart. I don’t know.”

On John Cena’s persona, and could she teach him how to wrestle?
"Yeah because he has no idea right? I mean if he could only learn how to wrestle he’d really learn how to come along in this business. So you would like to have his character developed further. You would like to get to know him a little bit more? Maybe that’s all he’s got. What can I say?"

On working with Snooki:
"The first move she ever did when she was on Raw that one time was a ‘crotch drop,’ and then she did the ‘butt bump’ (at Wrestlemania). It works. It’s kind of cool because this is what I do as a tough enough trainer. I had to access these kids. Right? So I had to say what is your athletic background? If you’re an athlete? Boom. You’re already in. That’s the first thing I look for. Forget the charisma because I’ll see if that’s there, but initially I need to know in order to do what we need to do in this business you need to be an athlete.

"Number one she told me she came from a cheerleading background as well as being a gymnast. A partier does not qualify. Well you know we went to New Jersey her and I. Yeah so I saw the New Jersey side of things. Pretty interesting. She had some moves. The ‘bitch slap.’ I don’t know if that’s really a move, but that works, but that’s what I had to do. I had to access what she can do. Basically we play up her strengths. We play up what she can do.

"She did this crazy triple Lindy back flip thing. That worked awesome. I think she surprised everyone. I tell you the coolest thing that Snooki went out there and the fans did not like her. She’s on the good guys’ side and they booed the heck out of her. She just took it in though. The minute she did those flips the crowd was like 'that’s cool.' Okay, we’re down with that. So she swerved 70,000 fans in an instant, which is pretty awesome."
Wasn't a rumor after all. Morrison is a dumb, bitch-made fuck.

I will have to listen to the podcast to hear her and specifically that smart ass voice she puts on when people knock Cena or HHH in interviews she does because it is funny as hell. For those who want the podcast, I'll try to post it here as soon as it gets put up.

Kairi

Reaction score
Re: Trish Stratus Speaks About Morrison, Cena, and Snooki

aw morrison's really a dumbass, that makes me sad :(

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

I just don't get it from Morrison's standpoint. Even being paired with Snooki was no slight. Snooki and Trish both have and are still making the media rounds and their name value is great. If I was him, I would be sitting next to them doing interviews on E!, NBC, Hollywood Axcess, and all the other people that wanted to talk about their match because it would get my name and face out there more, making me more money and getting me a shot at a bigger fanbase for a push. He can say Snooki and Trish didn't belong because they are a celeb and legend not a diva or superstar, but at the end of the day he ignored the bigger picture of his career.

Big Show took and ate up the media hype to go with Floyd, Piper took and ate up the Mr. T hype, Austin/HBK did it with Tyson, and Lashley took it with Trump. They saw the bigger picture and used the opportunity because to paraphrase Austin it gave them a better chance to grab the business by the fucking throat and make sure that one less dumb ass would have the chance to hold them down or place a ceiling on their career.

The fact Trish had ideas that she wanted to pitch to him and go together to sell Vince for after WM and help him and the Divas division, which in turn gets Melina and the other girls more tv time and chance to make better money than they have made with any other chick on the roster, makes him even more of a dumb ass for turning them down.

Oh well every guy needs a Marty Janetty, and I guess JoMo has no problem being seen as that to Miz for his career.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

And she needed to come out and say this in public, why? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH he didn't want to work with me.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Because they asked her about it. It was either a no comment or just shoot straight forward with Busted Open, and she shot straight froward. There was no need to protect that asshole if it was a fact that he was a dick (especially since she had already spoke of the ideas she had before WM), just like there is no need to do anything but defend him and set the record straight if the rumor was a lie. It isn't spilled milk when she said yeah he gave me the cold shoulder and didn't want to work with me and shit like that happens in this business, but he is a good athlete who could have a bright future. It is what it is between them and she just sat the record straight without bringing any other name (Melina) into the situation.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

And also Waltman kind of confirmed it himself so if she bsed about it then obviously she'd be lying so she pretty much had to tell the truth. She didn't bury the guy as she still gave him praise for what he can do in the ring. So don't have a problem at all with her being honest and not bashing him in the process. Dumb shit on his part though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Yeah when a guy and fellow wrestler says someone on your team was unprofessional Trish and it wasn't you or Snooki, there is no gray area :lol:

All she did that could be seen as a dig was say that some people may not be smart which can be applied to many different things (like letting your girl bitch you for example, see Bobby Lashley but he got paid first ).

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Because they asked her about it. It was either a no comment or just shoot straight forward with Busted Open, and she shot straight froward.
Or you know, poor cold water on the entire thing and deal with it behind closed doors instead of sounding butt hurt that he didnt want to work with you. But hey, it's Trish.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

So, lie for him? If you say no comment there is no cold water being poured just a dirt sheet making a new and bigger report.

She does lie and then she has to end up saying Waltman has no idea what he is talking about or what he is seeing which is disrespect when they relay that tweet of his to her, which Busted Open will do on the air for the world to hear, just to protect the guy who was a dick.

It is a lot of needless trouble than just squashing it with the truth before it grows out of hand or lying about it and having to get her and John's stories straight enough to match (See Matt and Reby on the TE incident as an example)