Has Michael Cole been right this whole time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
We all know about the Bryan Danielson and Miz fued, starting on NXT season one, and Micahel Cole has played a majored part in this fued. For months Michael Cole has been running down Daniel Bryan, for his lack of charisma, and being a big fish in a small pond in the indy's. Where as the MIZ is the greatest wrestler.

My question is Danielson worthy of the US title, or did he get the belt, based on his accomplishments prior to the WWE? Is Michael Cole right saying Bryan doesn't have "it" and won't be a sucess in the WWE?

http://[yt]-WDcDI520Zk[/yt]

I love Danielson, however i somewhat feel they handed him the US Title. He's always been known for earning everything, and living up to his name as the best wrestler in the world. HOWEVER in the world of entertainment, i don't know is Danielson will have what it takes.

What are your thoughts on this ?

And a Subtopic - Was Michael Cole right about the NXT season 3 Divas verison. Cause i think he hit the nail on the head with that one.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
I don't think Michael Cole is right on Bryan. He does have the "it" but I think they might have yeah, just thrown the title to him. I don't think it was due to his previous accomplishments however, and it could have been WWE telling us that "Hey, this guy already has a title, keep an eye on him, hes gonna be big." Hope fully it means that, as I want to see Daniel Bryan go big in WWE. I agree with him on NXT Season 3 though. That thing is a fucking trainwreck. Most of the divas are more talented then their pros, alot of the rookies have speech impediments, and so far its been more about jokes, agility, and dancing than wrestling. And someones getting eliminated based on competitions.. not matches? Lmfao. Vince won't have to worry about NXT after this season. Nobodys gonna wanna watch it.

Doomsday

Reaction score
Idk about all that but Michael Cole's commentary as of late has turned him into my favorite commentator in WWE or TNA for that matter.

triceki

Reaction score
I agree Michael Cole has said some funny ass shit latlely.

Alex C

Reaction score
I remember when he said how Great Khali eliminated himself from that over the top rope challenge.Remember that? I laughed my ass off,because when Khali stepped out of the ring,I was thinking exact the same thing,and few seconds later Cole said that. It was great lol.

Reaction score
It's all a moot point really because Michael Cole gave Bryan his due last night when he won. Bryan's a special talent and he's got something going on and kudos to the Miz and Michael Cole for putting him over huge.

Reaction score
I remember when he said how Great Khali eliminated himself from that over the top rope challenge.Remember that? I laughed my ass off,because when Khali stepped out of the ring,I was thinking exact the same thing,and few seconds later Cole said that. It was great lol.

It was on Botchamania, and when I watched it I immediately thought "WTF, he just eliminated himself".

I do think Cole running down Bryan has been pretty funny.

WWE8156

Reaction score
In my opinion Daniel Bryan is already a success in the WWE, the fans love him but only because he's in a fued with the best heel on the show, if he wasn't in this fued he wouldn't be doing as well, but yea if he carrys on like this character he will be a success in WWE. But as for him having the US Title not so sure, i think a fued with Miz without the US Title involved wouldn't be as good though, and also i have to say atleast something is now happening with the US Title belt for months it was just Miz walking round with it not defending it or anything he almost made the US Title invisible. So yea all in all Daniel Bryan will make it in WWE and has been put in the right fued to make him a success.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I think Bryan does have the it factor when it come down to it. The main problem is he has nothing to say back to Miz or Cole because he has no way of really defending himself with anything credible yet in WWE. On a side note, Cole has went from pure shit to near gold announcing.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Cole's 'heel turn' is just like Batista's from last year..... ONLY decent by comparison to his horrible work as a face.

Cole right now is a veritable clusterfuck of flopping betwen heel and face-like personas.

Just like Big Dayyyyve before him, The IWC is MASSIVELY over-rating Cole's work right now.

...god...

Reaction score
Not really, he's truly a genius as a heel when he tries. Listen to him on NXT this week when that dumb black bitch calls him out. I think the point is he's purposely contradicting himself when broadcasting Raw, then when you watch NXT or SD he's entirely different just a huge dick, it's lol. Otherwise he keeps to himself unless called out or Miz or Danielson come out.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Not really, he's truly a genius as a heel when he tries.....

Woaaaah.... Genius?????

He's vanilla as fuck to these ears and seems like most of his heat is coming from the GM interuptions (rather than resulting from anything he specifically says or does).

The commentary on the last 2 PPVs, whilst being entertaining at times, has largely been a clusterfuck of face/heel-dom which served to bluur the kayfaybe of who 'should' be perceived as a good or bad guy and I blame the role that they have Cole in.

Genuinely interested in what strokes of genius he's been 'painting' over the last few months.... I don't watch NXT (WWE clearly don't give a fuck about it so why should I?) so haven't seen the promo you mentioned, but the Heel-Cole hype has been around much further back than this Tuesday so I'd would have expected to see traces of his supposed genius then too....

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
In all fairnes (on the good/bad comment), they are slowly trying to ease Michael Cole in the full on heel persona. A year ago, I thought he was cheesy and unmotivating and I think that WWE felt our vibe and decided to put Cole in a new direction. He has been a consistent worker for over ten years and deserves to finally evolve in WWE. I think the best thing to do is to reveal him as RAW GM. Put Byron Saxton in the boot with King (>.>) and have Cole come out and cut a sweet heel promo on how he's been calling the shots the entire time.

Airfixx

Reaction score
In all fairnes (on the good/bad comment), they are slowly trying to ease Michael Cole in the full on heel persona. A year ago, I thought he was cheesy and unmotivating and I think that WWE felt our vibe and decided to put Cole in a new direction.

...I'm seeing an equally cheesy heel thus far TBH. I guess, ultimately we'll see how this evolution unfolds, but...

He has been a consistent worker for over ten years and deserves to finally evolve in WWE.

Yeah, consistently LAME... Apart from getting bitched out by JR (Awesomeness!) and, in his younger days, DX I can't recall anything memorable (in a good or entertaining way). All I can say is he must do and say the right things back stage, cos I struggle to see why you'd keep him in the company for ten years and, a mere few months ago, the majority of this forum would have agreed with me...

Look at it another way....

Vince McMahon
Gorrilla Monsoon
Jesse Ventura
Roddy Piper
Bobby Heenan
Jerry Lawler
Jim Ross
Michael Hayes
Mr Perfect
Ted Dibiase Snr
'The Coach'
'Lord' Alfred Hayes
Shawn Mooney (The prototype fuck'n Cole!)

...Where would YOU rank Cole in amongst the above role-call of former WWF/E commentary talent?

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
To be fair all except Coach, Jim, Mooney and Vince were wrestlers at some point or another (Heenan was the best goddamn mangager of his time too). That in itself made them respectable announcers. Ross is not comparable I give that to you but even he has had his fair share with "heat". Vince doesn't count for obvious reason. Mooney, a MLB personality prior to WWE, was only around for about 5 years. I guess it comes down to The Coach who I loved. But whos still around? Love him or hate him, Cole has done what he has to do to stay on television and stay out of the heat of management backstage. So I'll swallow all my hate for how corney he is and respect that he's finally moving to a higher position kayfabe wise.