Hard to Kill Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Reactions: Hoss

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Tessa's win is such a weird dynamic when it comes to bigots lol On one hand sexists are mad she won, but racists are happy...is anyone here a sexist racist to verify what that reaction would be :TI: Obviously not saying everyone that hates her winning is sexist and loves her winning is racist bc I know someone was going to interpret this that way :side:

I'm fine with Tessa winning both before and after what came out this weekend, I don't think Impact should have changed the finish or anything either way, whatever was planned should have happened and I'm sure that's what did. Really the only thing that changed here is I have less respect for Tessa than before, but she still achieved a history making achievement that should be remembered regardless if she's a racist or not.

Reactions: Hoss

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Sami Callahan is a fat hillbilly midget too......they get beat up by their women all the time.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Deezy

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I know all about this shit. My people are from West "By God" Virginia.

However I'm a Texan and prefer to be identified as a redneck.

redneck hillbilly it's all good brother I am from Ohio know quite a few of ya type lmao

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

utvolzac

Patiently waiting for the Attitude Era to return
Reaction score
Something tells me there's no point in trying to explain this to you but if you actually followed the company and the events leading up to this, you would know that no one was buried to make this happen. Tessa lost to Sami twice prior to this. The only males she's gotten clean wins over are The Crists who are Sami's goons and not any more athletic than she is. She scored a virtual fluke win over Cage in a gauntlet match to earn the shot. And then she finally bested Sami after taking 80% of the offense during the match. And let's face it, Tessa is a great athlete. Sami isn't. It isn't THAT outlandish.

At the end of the day, no matter how you feel about it, this is what a vast majority of the fans wanted and it's brought Impact more relevance than it's had in years. Furthermore, Tessa is one of the best and most highly touted wrestlers of any gender in America that's not signed to WWE right now. She's a fine "face of the company" even though, yeah, you don't HAVE to make her World Champion to establish that.

No one and nothing was buried by this move. I'm sure certain people with fragile egos will be turned off by this kind of booking, but it is what it is. Can't please everyone.

Something tells me there's no point in trying to explain this to you but if you actually followed the company and the events leading up to this, you would know that no one was buried to make this happen. Tessa lost to Sami twice prior to this. The only males she's gotten clean wins over are The Crists who are Sami's goons and not any more athletic than she is. She scored a virtual fluke win over Cage in a gauntlet match to earn the shot. And then she finally bested Sami after taking 80% of the offense during the match. And let's face it, Tessa is a great athlete. Sami isn't. It isn't THAT outlandish.

At the end of the day, no matter how you feel about it, this is what a vast majority of the fans wanted and it's brought Impact more relevance than it's had in years. Furthermore, Tessa is one of the best and most highly touted wrestlers of any gender in America that's not signed to WWE right now. She's a fine "face of the company" even though, yeah, you don't HAVE to make her World Champion to establish that.

No one and nothing was buried by this move. I'm sure certain people with fragile egos will be turned off by this kind of booking, but it is what it is. Can't please everyone.

That’s great and all, regardless of any type of backstory or Sami Callahan’s physique a basic human biology class says it’s totally nonsensical.

If Callahan is good enough to be World Champion that makes him 1000 times better than Tessa.

And that’s not knocking women, it’s just biology. Nowhere else on the planet do women compete with men at an elite level except in an Impact wrestling ring apparently.

To provide some examples of how huge the gap is between men and women in terms of athleticism, speed, strength, etc.

Team USA women’s soccer team is the best in the world, got beat by an Under 15 boys club team from Dallas.

The last women’s gold medalist sprinter at the Olympics would have had her time beaten 15,000 times by men/boys. (Not an exaggeration, Duke Univ did a study of verified recorded times)

But Tessa Blanchard is better than the entire roster of men? How is that not burying the company.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
People only overanalyze wrestling like that when they feel like they REALLY have to defend their opinion. Just say you aren't a fan with Tessa winning the belt and I'd be cool with it, I don't really rate any of your "burying the company" arguments too high bc it's not hard to suspend my disbelief for this occassion...but if you just don't like the change then I'll respect that regardless of your reasons why as long as it's not "wahman bad"

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
She literally beat a total of two men to earn the title shot and the win the title. One was a fluke. How does this indicate that she's better than the whole roster of men?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
:reigns3

The fucking Biology argument huh.

• Haha
Reactions: Petty and Chris

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
My problem here is I agree in 99% of cases inter-gender wrestling looks bad. When I watched LU I cringed watching Sexy Star.

Tessa however wrestles a much more commanding style and she really goes toe to toe with the men I've seen her wrestle.

• Love
Reactions: Petty

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Also bringing up the Women's Soccer team in a scrimmage with nothing on the line against an all-15 boys club. :TI:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
My problem here is I agree in 99% of cases inter-gender wrestling looks bad. When I watched LU I cringed watching Sexy Star.

Tessa however wrestles a much more commanding style and she really goes toe to toe with the men I've seen her wrestle.

It's almost most things aren't black and white and there's an exception to most "rules" :hmm:

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
That’s great and all, regardless of any type of backstory or Sami Callahan’s physique a basic human biology class says it’s totally nonsensical.

If Callahan is good enough to be World Champion that makes him 1000 times better than Tessa.

And that’s not knocking women, it’s just biology. Nowhere else on the planet do women compete with men at an elite level except in an Impact wrestling ring apparently.

Team USA women’s soccer team is the best in the world, got beat by an Under 15 boys club team from Dallas.

The last women’s gold medalist sprinter at the Olympics would have had her time beaten 15,000 times by men/boys. (Not an exaggeration, Duke Univ did a study of verified recorded times)

But Tessa Blanchard is better than the entire roster of men? How is that not burying the company.

I just want to point out at this, I doubt the Women's team was even trying. :TI: so to use that as part of your argument is laughable at best.

Reactions: Petty and Chris

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I am gonna quote one thing here:
it's the gift of Tessa...drink it innnnnn mannnnn...

Reactions: Kross Rhodes