• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hard to Kill Discussion Thread

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Tessa's win is such a weird dynamic when it comes to bigots lol On one hand sexists are mad she won, but racists are happy...is anyone here a sexist racist to verify what that reaction would be :TI: Obviously not saying everyone that hates her winning is sexist and loves her winning is racist bc I know someone was going to interpret this that way :side:

I'm fine with Tessa winning both before and after what came out this weekend, I don't think Impact should have changed the finish or anything either way, whatever was planned should have happened and I'm sure that's what did. Really the only thing that changed here is I have less respect for Tessa than before, but she still achieved a history making achievement that should be remembered regardless if she's a racist or not.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Sami Callahan is a fat hillbilly midget too......they get beat up by their women all the time.
giphy.gif

utvolzac

Patiently waiting for the Attitude Era to return
Something tells me there's no point in trying to explain this to you but if you actually followed the company and the events leading up to this, you would know that no one was buried to make this happen. Tessa lost to Sami twice prior to this. The only males she's gotten clean wins over are The Crists who are Sami's goons and not any more athletic than she is. She scored a virtual fluke win over Cage in a gauntlet match to earn the shot. And then she finally bested Sami after taking 80% of the offense during the match. And let's face it, Tessa is a great athlete. Sami isn't. It isn't THAT outlandish.

At the end of the day, no matter how you feel about it, this is what a vast majority of the fans wanted and it's brought Impact more relevance than it's had in years. Furthermore, Tessa is one of the best and most highly touted wrestlers of any gender in America that's not signed to WWE right now. She's a fine "face of the company" even though, yeah, you don't HAVE to make her World Champion to establish that.

No one and nothing was buried by this move. I'm sure certain people with fragile egos will be turned off by this kind of booking, but it is what it is. Can't please everyone.

Something tells me there's no point in trying to explain this to you but if you actually followed the company and the events leading up to this, you would know that no one was buried to make this happen. Tessa lost to Sami twice prior to this. The only males she's gotten clean wins over are The Crists who are Sami's goons and not any more athletic than she is. She scored a virtual fluke win over Cage in a gauntlet match to earn the shot. And then she finally bested Sami after taking 80% of the offense during the match. And let's face it, Tessa is a great athlete. Sami isn't. It isn't THAT outlandish.

At the end of the day, no matter how you feel about it, this is what a vast majority of the fans wanted and it's brought Impact more relevance than it's had in years. Furthermore, Tessa is one of the best and most highly touted wrestlers of any gender in America that's not signed to WWE right now. She's a fine "face of the company" even though, yeah, you don't HAVE to make her World Champion to establish that.

No one and nothing was buried by this move. I'm sure certain people with fragile egos will be turned off by this kind of booking, but it is what it is. Can't please everyone.

That’s great and all, regardless of any type of backstory or Sami Callahan’s physique a basic human biology class says it’s totally nonsensical.

If Callahan is good enough to be World Champion that makes him 1000 times better than Tessa.

And that’s not knocking women, it’s just biology. Nowhere else on the planet do women compete with men at an elite level except in an Impact wrestling ring apparently.

To provide some examples of how huge the gap is between men and women in terms of athleticism, speed, strength, etc.

Team USA women’s soccer team is the best in the world, got beat by an Under 15 boys club team from Dallas.

The last women’s gold medalist sprinter at the Olympics would have had her time beaten 15,000 times by men/boys. (Not an exaggeration, Duke Univ did a study of verified recorded times)

But Tessa Blanchard is better than the entire roster of men? How is that not burying the company.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
People only overanalyze wrestling like that when they feel like they REALLY have to defend their opinion. Just say you aren't a fan with Tessa winning the belt and I'd be cool with it, I don't really rate any of your "burying the company" arguments too high bc it's not hard to suspend my disbelief for this occassion...but if you just don't like the change then I'll respect that regardless of your reasons why as long as it's not "wahman bad"

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
She literally beat a total of two men to earn the title shot and the win the title. One was a fluke. How does this indicate that she's better than the whole roster of men?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
My problem here is I agree in 99% of cases inter-gender wrestling looks bad. When I watched LU I cringed watching Sexy Star.

Tessa however wrestles a much more commanding style and she really goes toe to toe with the men I've seen her wrestle.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
My problem here is I agree in 99% of cases inter-gender wrestling looks bad. When I watched LU I cringed watching Sexy Star.

Tessa however wrestles a much more commanding style and she really goes toe to toe with the men I've seen her wrestle.

It's almost most things aren't black and white and there's an exception to most "rules" :hmm:

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
That’s great and all, regardless of any type of backstory or Sami Callahan’s physique a basic human biology class says it’s totally nonsensical.

If Callahan is good enough to be World Champion that makes him 1000 times better than Tessa.

And that’s not knocking women, it’s just biology. Nowhere else on the planet do women compete with men at an elite level except in an Impact wrestling ring apparently.

Team USA women’s soccer team is the best in the world, got beat by an Under 15 boys club team from Dallas.

The last women’s gold medalist sprinter at the Olympics would have had her time beaten 15,000 times by men/boys. (Not an exaggeration, Duke Univ did a study of verified recorded times)

But Tessa Blanchard is better than the entire roster of men? How is that not burying the company.

I just want to point out at this, I doubt the Women's team was even trying. :TI: so to use that as part of your argument is laughable at best.