Guest Host Needs to End

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

barley96

Reaction score
I think that the guest host angle on RAW has grossly devalued the program. It seems like these guest hosts are getting just as much time as a main eventer. There are wrestlers who deserve more tv time such as Jamie Noble and Festus, but they are looked at of less value than a celebrity who has no business in a wrestling ring. Your thoughts!

Reaction score
I gotta disagree with you on the Jamie Noble and Festus needing more airtime point.

xtremebadass

I was going to say about halfway through the show..."WHERE THE FUCK IS THE CHAMPION???"

We get this annoying ass little asian asshole but the champion has no representation on this show? WTF

I hate the guest hosts.

barley96

Reaction score
I gotta disagree with you on the Jamie Noble and Festus needing more airtime point.

I was trying to make a point. Instead of a celebrity taking up valuable airtime, a deserving wrestler can be used instead and maybe said wrestler could get over with the crowd. By the way, Jamie Noble is an awesome and underrated wrestler.

MikeRaw

What's more entertaining? Fucking no-names like Festus, Noble, etc, or someone to be involved int he storyline, and have some poersonality?
I haven't watched Raw in weeks, but if I were going to, I'd much prefer a guest host over soem low-carders. No offense to them, but the midcarders in the WWE roster can't seem to draw a reaction, no matter how much they get pushed. Why give them air time, when you can have a celebrity guest on? I say they milk it as long as they can.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
If you would watch RAW and see how bad the guest hosts have been, you would disagree.

Klide

geez Is guest host really that bad ? I like it well probably cause I only saw piven and shaq. But I do have to agree with you guys it does take away from the show. Like wat XBA said about orton I forgot about him. He only showed up at the end. But I'm pretty pissed at next guest host :(

ratedrko09

Reaction score
i think the guest host policy should be balanced with the wrestling and storytelling. they should avoid being Mad TV and stick to what they do best

Wordlife

tbh, lol, I actually only have liked Shaq and Piven, they actually did a good job if you ask me. They were entertaining, and made me laugh. Yeah, it was some really dry humor, but hey, they were funny. And Entourage is my favorite TV show, so seeing Piven on something other than Entourage was hilarious!

Next weeks, imo, will suck though

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I've liked it. After last night Piven even thought I didn't know who he was until now is my favorite. About time the Guest Host pulled a heel move. I was getting sick of all them being face and crap. Last night when him and that Asian dude came out and showed they were Orton fan's I marked out like crazy.

Meh idk how good Sgt will be but I'll wait and see. I've not really liked any of the 2 wrestlers to host and only celeb host i didn't like was ZZ Top.

Airfixx

^^^

"I've not really liked any of the 2 wrestlers to host"

D'fuck is wrong with you? ...Million Dollar Man is a god!!!

'He' got involved in the fabric of WWE far more than any of the others - Putting Ted against Randy, setting up the title shot for priceless and such.

More wrestling-associated guest GMs please, Vince.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
from pwtorch.com:

WWE executive Stephanie McMahon told BusinessWeek Magazine that WWE is considering Freddy Prinze, Jr., Reverend Al Sharpton, and former Price is Right host Bob Barker to host future episodes of WWE Raw.

Prinze, Jr. was formerly on the WWE creative team as an outsider consultant. BW says Prinze, Jr. would be promoting his role in FOX's "24" show.

Barker retired from his role of hosting the Price is Right last year while BW mused that they're not even sure what Rev. Sharpton would be promoting if he joined the show as a guest host.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate the guy but I really, really want to see Al Sharpton guest host. Would be immensely hysterical.

And Bob Barker too I suppose but only if he tries to have Randy Orton neutered.

Airfixx

Airfixx finally wakes up to the fact that you need to be a yank to get anything much out of the guests from outside 'the industry'.

noumenon

It's just a whole bunch of cross promoting publicity stunt bullshit. It really is starting to remind me of WCW with random celebs coming in and winning the belt and doing tag matches.
Shaq was decent, as well as Piven. I was just really hoping that Piven would come out with almost an Ari-like personality...that would have been the shit. That little asian guy was just about the most annoying thing I've ever seen.