GTA V News & Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
GTA_V_40456.jpg

We haven't heard anything about Grand Theft Auto V since late last year. However, new information has surfaced that pinpoints current business trends from Rockstar and Take-Two Interactive point to a 2013 release for GTA V, across the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U.

According to Game Industry, Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia made a few key points about business practices by Take-Two that seems sound enough to be true...

"We believe releasing GTA V in F4Q instead of F3Q will provide four advantages to TTWO: 1) a less crowded window away from the big holiday releases such as Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed etc. Recall, the previous GTA title (GTA IV) was released on April 29, 2008, i.e., also away from the holiday period; 2) smoother earnings in FY14 especially if GTA V launches in the last month of FY13 (March 2013); in other words it will result in stronger GTA V catalog sales in FY14; 3) a larger installed base including the potential for launch on Nintendo Wii U; and 4) an extra couple of months to polish the game."

Accordingly, Bhatia believes that after checking with certain retail channels, a fourth-quarter release would benefit Rockstar and Take-Two significantly, mainly for the reasons listed above. As much as I would love to play GTA V this year, I tend to agree.

More importantly, this is one of those rare times where I'm all about polish, polish, polish and more polish. If Rockstar needs to take six extra months to "optimize", fine by me. If Rockstar needs a few extra months to iron out the "kinks", kudos to them. If they want to avoid the game being crushed by Activision and EA's fall season FPS war, then good on them.

A Q4 release is usually quite barren of stiff competition and it definitely gives Rockstar an opportunity to soak in the sales all to themselves. That's not to mention that spring releases are usually favored by Rockstar, with Max Payne due for release this May, and last year L.A. Noire was also released in May. Red Dead Redemption was a May release and GTA IV, before that, managed a land on retail shelves in April. Seeing a pattern here?

This could all be bullocks, though, and Rockstar has yet to make any official statements on the release date for Grand Theft Auto V. So until they do, everything every analyst and industry "insider" is just speculation.

cinemablend

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: GTA V Likely To Release In 2013, Says Analyst

It's speculation, but well reasoned and I expect it to be right.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
As much as I am disappointed in this, I am all for it if the game is top notch. I'm still gonna be excited for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The Stunner

Reaction score

I hate waiting but if it's worth it in the end, I don't mind quite as much. I still play GTA 4 just to blow things up and what not.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8

GTA IV is great and I still play it, Hopefully GTA 5 can be just as good. I'm gonna buy it if it comes out.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

I haven't played GTA IV in awhile, but now I kind of want to play it again. :lol:

The Stunner

Reaction score

Give in to the power of GTA, Troy....or something I dunno.

Hook

REDRUM
Reaction score

Uh would prefer end of this year.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

I would, but I like to give myself a lot of time before playing it. Maybe I will bust it out tomorrow night and play the crap out of it. The only thing I haven't gotten 100 percent on is the flying rats. Maybe I will go look for them.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

I promising myself to properly dig into GTAIV once college is over. Really don't have the time to dedicate myself to long games atm.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8

That is what is great about the GTA games. Even as long as they are, you can put them down for weeks at a time.

The Stunner

Reaction score
Grand Theft Auto V Possibly Headed for October Release

In what's very long way from any kind of actual confirmation from Rockstar it appears as though the next big open-world game Grand Theft Auto V could be set to release as early as October of this year, which would be a major surprise. This information, which should be taken as a rumor at most, was spotted on one of the project's lead animator's online resume. It could be that he was told the game will ship in October or it could be that he is just guessing at that timeline. Either way if we get to see Grand Theft Auto V on store shelves at any point in 2012 we'll all be just a bit happier. Stay tuned for more on the release date come E3 in June or we'll update if we hear anything official from Rockstar Games.

-Planetxbox360

Castiel

Reaction score
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Possibly Headed for October Release

Would be very cool, only if they've been putting a lot of work into since long before it was announced. I'm sure they have though... can't see this happening either way.

The Stunner

Reaction score
Re: Grand Theft Auto V Possibly Headed for October Release

Agreed. Would love to see it by October but if they did, chances are it wouldn't be that great or something.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
3 months ago I would've believed this seems like wishful thinking right now though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk