• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AON

Sup.
Reaction score
1280px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png

Name: Linh Nguyen.
Date of Birth: 7th June, 2000 (age 23).
Place of Birth: Ninh Thuy, Nah Trang, Vietnam.
Height: 170cm.
Weight: 59kg.
Alignment: Face in reality, heel in the capitalist hotbed of the US.
Gimmick/Backstory: educated, trained, and funded by the Communist Party of Vietnam. Grew up in the fishing village of Ninh Thuy on the south-west of the country, raised by her father. Cut her teeth wrestling man-sized tuna fish on the beaches of Nah Trang, until she was spotted by Comrade Alpha, the District Wrestling Coach. Gold medalist in freestyle wrestling (welterweight) at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, as well as a host of national and international medals in both freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling. Since turned professional in an effort to further the cause for global revolution.

Entrance theme: "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (Judy Garland).

Pic base: Min.

Finishers:
Omoplata.
Kimura.
Spinning fisherman's buster.
Signatures:
Fujiwara armbar.
Cattle mutilation.
Cross armbreaker.
Đảng Cộng sản Việt Nam quang vinh muôn năm! (rope-hung twist of fate).
King Cong Lariat.
Other moves:
Sleeper hold.
Dragon sleeper.
Cravat.
Full nelson.
Triangle choke.
Headscissors.
Bodyscissors.
Octopus stretch.
Single chokehold STO (after her childhood hero Cyrus Truth, whom she used to watch on bootlegged VHS tapes).
Swinging neckbreaker.
Hurricanrana.
Top rope hurricanrana (after her childhood hero Cyrus Truth, whom she used to watch on bootlegged VHS tapes).
Invented DDT.
Everything listed under the 'illegal moves' section of the 'Amateur Wrestling' page on Wikipedia.
did you just make a lady Red Sickle?

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
did you just make a lady Red Sickle?
Other than shared ideology, not really. Although I guess both are supported by their states, so have that in common.

Red Sickle was so badass, he was robbed.

AON

Sup.
Reaction score
Other than shared ideology, not really. Although I guess both are supported by their states, so have that in common.

Red Sickle was so badass, he was robbed.
SAME MUSIC!

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Is it?! Really? Judy Garland?! is the somewhere over the rainbow meant to be communism?
It’s that damn Wizard Of Oz. Proper communist propaganda, that movie is.

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
Ground Zero Season 5 Update:

Just want to give everyone an update on Ground Zero Season 5. The first episode technically should've gone up on Wednesday but I'm a couple days behind due to work this week. I'll have it posted within 12 hours though I can promise that.

In the meantime here is something to wet your palate.

This season of Ground Zero will return to featuring FOUR different FWA superstars and/or legends as coaches.

Here are the coaches

1692947535918.png

Katsu returns as a Ground Zero coach after coaching the winner of Ground Zero Season 4.

1692947567313.png

Penny debuts as a coach for this season! Well known for her association with Jason Randall, Penny is no joke and will certainly be able to teach a tougher side of the roster.

1692947616519.png

Trixie Bordeaux makes her debut as a coach! The current Trios Champion has a lot to offer in terms of coaching, and will be looking to mentor some young talent going forward.

1692947657785.png

And last but not least, we are pleased to announce that Hall of Famer and legend Bell Connelly will be making her debut as a Ground Zero coach. Bell has experience coaching younger talent with her dedication to nGw, and now she'll be able to coach her own team of new potential FWA stars.

In addition to this years coaches, we're also pleased to announce that this season will be going TO THE BEACH. While these Ground Zero contestants are fighting for their shot, they'll be doing it from some of the most tropical locations in the United States. For the first four episodes of the season, the show will be touring around Florida's biggest cities...with episode one taking place right in Miami. Then, after a two week break, the show will return for four more episodes, but this time on the California coast.

You can see the show's schedule below

Episode Schedule

Week 1:
August 23rd, 2023 live from Miami, Florida
Week 2: August 30th, 2023 live from Tampa Bay, Florida
Week 3: September 6th, 2023 live from Orlando Florida
Week 4: September 13th, 2023 live from Jacksonville, Florida

*Sept 20th will be reserved as a makeup week.
*Sept 27th will have no show as I will be on vacation

Week 5: October 4th, 2023 live from San Diego, California
Week 6: October 11th, 2023 live from Los Angeles, California
Week 7: October 18th, 2023 live from San Jose, California
Week 8: October 25th, 2023 live from San Francisco, California

(Week 8 will probably be posted a little later than the 25th to give time for a promo window/grading).

As always, the best way you can help me out with the show is by sending segments. I got one segment for Week 1, courtesy of Dubb. Now is a great time to get started on a segment for Week 2 if you so please! It's not required, but it definitely helps bring the shows together.

@SupineSnake
@AON
@Starlight Kid
@OMB
@Jimmy King
@Bobby Barrows
@Dubble J
@Jazz Wolf
@Wiseman
@Vinegar
@The Golden One
@Prison Dom
@Tommy Bedlam

Attachments

• 1692933894219.png
    1692933894219.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 1692937351881.png
    1692937351881.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u

1693027008425.png

Episode 1: Miami Nights
Live from the Watsco Center in Miami, Florida
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2023

1693027055724.png

The fans in the Watsco Center in Miami Florida are absolutely hyped for the first episode of Ground Zero Season 5! The beach theme is in high gear with palm trees all around the small 8000-capacity arena.

On one side of the ring is the commentary table with none other than The Coven's own Blair and Celestia Ravenwood. And on another side is another table, with the four coaches of Ground Zero sitting in nice leather chairs as they scout the talent for this season.

Blair Ravenwood: Welcome to Ground Zero Season Five!

Celestia Ravenwood: And the debut of the Ravenwood sisters as a commentary team.

Blair Ravenwood: What a better fit than two Season 3 alumni, right Sister?

Celestia Ravenwood: Of course sister! It brings back memories.

Blair Ravenwood: It will be hard though watching a bunch of women who will never be better than us.

Soon enough, "Renegade" by Styx starts to play as the Chairman of Ground Zero emerges to a relatively surprising pop.

The retired FWA legend Saint Sully himself heads down to the ring in his three-piece suit, microphone in hand.

Saint Sully: In 2017, I started a search to find the next great FWA star. I took twenty everyday nobodies off the street, and had them fight it out to determine who was the best. Then I did it again in 2020, and again after that, and again and again. I had no idea when this all started, that we'd still be here...five seasons in now. That is incredible.

If you look at the FWA Roster today, you'll see that most of it is made up of Ground Zero Alumni. We found tag teams, luchadors, and champions all the like. The current FWA World Champion himself Chris Peacock is an alumni of Ground Zero. Two-thirds of the Trios Champions are Ground Zero Alumni, and two of the biggest stars competing for a shot at the FWA's Television Championship are Ground Zero Alumni.

This show...breeds greatness. And now, for another season, we're going to again be looking for who is the greatest.

We've looked for the greatest tag team, we've looked for the greatest Luchador, and now...we're looking for the greatest female competitor. Who will be the next Gabrielle Montgomery, or Shannon O'Neal...or Bell Connelly?

This season we had thousands of applications, but only 28 women were chosen to be good enough to make it here today. By the end of tonight, we'll be down to 20. Every season we have an amazing set of experienced FWA stars and legends to help coach our younger talent. This year we return to an approach we haven't had since Season One...and that is we will have FOUR teams of coaches. The last few seasons, three coaches was enough. But this season has so much talent, so much energy, that we had to split them up into four different teams. And so, for the four coaches, let me introduce them...

First we have Katsu. A former FWA Television Champion, she is the first returning coach in Ground Zero history! She debuted last season as a coach, and coached El Vengador to winner. Will she be the coach of yet another Ground Zero champion?

Then we have Penny. A long beach native and long of the more experienced of our coaches, Penny is one of the best. She has both experience as a competitor and a manger, and is known for her association with one of the most hardcore wrestlers there is Jason Randall.

Next we have Coach Trixie Bourdeux. She is a current Trios Champion, and has already uprooted herself into a powerful stable within the FWA. While she may have the least amount of experience out of the coaches we have, she is the only one carrying a championship belt at the moment.

Then last, but certainly not least, we have an FWA Hall of Famer, a legend of Women's Wrestling, the one and only Bell Connelly. Not only is Bell Connelly only one of a handful of women to hold the FWA Championship, but her name is synonymous with the retired FWA Women's Championship. She held that belt for 506 days. She was inducted in the the FWA Hall of Fame Class of 2021, and has since has been a leader on FWA's brand for developing stars in nGw.

These four coaches have not picked their teams yet. Tonight they'll be scouting, and between this week and next week, they'll have a draft to determine who will land where. So our female competitors tonight will have a lot to prove. And what better way to prove it...then in an all brand Ground Zero Showdown match?

With that, Saint Sully drops the mic and exits the ring as the crowd cheers.

Blair Ravenwood: A Ground Zero Showdown Match!

Celestia Ravenwood: I don't believe we've had a Ground Zero Showdown match since Season 2 Blair. Here is how it works...it's a free for all. 28 women in the ring, or outside of it. If you get a pinfall, you can leave. You're in...but if you don't, and you're among the ones left standing...

Blair Ravenwood: You're in trouble.

Celestia Ravenwood: Exactly.
Ground Zero Showdown Match
(First 18 competitors to get a pin are safe. The remaining ten are not)
Quick Recap:

With 28 women in the ring, things got a little hard to keep track of. Pins happened fast and all over the place, but we're only looking for 18. "The Real Deal" Mercy O'Neil got the first pin. The Pink Precipitation got the second.

Before we knew it, we were down to just a 11 left.

Laramie Schweppes, DupliKate, Godiva Leavengood, Sierra Nyx, Lyla, Tonya Scott, Betty B. Goode, Kristy Vance, Sally Labe, "The Stray" Josie Katt, and Erinna Cumings.

It was Josie Katt however that would end getting the final pin, when she rolled up Lyla for the victory.​

Josie Katt celebrates, but the other ten women remain in the ring disappointed. Everyone who had a pin is safe, but these ten women are not. You can tell from the coaches table that there were definitely a lot of stars who impressed. Bell Connelly in fact was even taking notes.

Blair Ravenwood: And so there you have it! We know who's on the chopping block tonight.

Celestia Ravenwood: We have 18 competitors now locked in and on their way to Episode 2 in Tampa. But 8 women aren't making it out of Miami.

Blair Ravenwood: We just got word...that for the rest of the night we have two matches left. Two 5 Women Battle Royals. Two winners of each. Who will be the final two competitors?

Backstage, Betty B. Goode is warming up by skating back and forth, her poodle skirt flowing in the wind as she makes her twists to turn back around. All the while she is trying to hype herself up for the night’s events.

Betty B. Goode: “This is it Betty… this is your chance! Your chance to show your family that you are ready for this! To make your grandpa proud… you can do this… you can do this… you can…”

Betty is interrupted when RepliKate walks into the shot.

RepliKate: ”"You think you can? You think you can? That’s cute, Betty. Think again.”

Betty stops skating, her face showing a lot of apprehension and nervousness at the intimidating RepliKate.

Betty B. Goode: “What do you want, Kate?”

RepliKate: ”Heh, I actually just wanted to wish you good luck.”

Betty’s anxiety seems to fade as her face briefly lights up.

Betty B. Goode: “Really? Are you serious? Oh gosh, I thought when we were both training in the Goode Garage that you didn’t like me! Gee Kate, that really means alo–”

RepliKate: ”Oh, don’t get it twisted. I don’t like you. At all.”

The light quickly fades from Betty’s face, now replaced with disappointment and a bit of confusion.

Betty B. Goode: “Wait… what?”

RepliKate: ”It made me sick to my stomach when I saw you on the GroundZero roster. Like really? I am the star student… not you. Everyone knows why you are here and it’s not because you have the skill. I graduated from the Garage faster than any student in its history. I know all about you, Betty. You’re only here because of who your grandpa is. But Danny ain’t here, now is he? But I am. And I know you better than you know yourself. So yeah… I’m wishing you good luck. Because… you’re gonna need it.”

RepliKate smirks before walking back out of the shot, leaving Betty to simply watch with a concerned look on her face.​

When we return all five women are already in the ring. The coaches still at their table waiting to see who was going to win this match.

Blair Ravenwood: Well we're about to see four women get eliminated!

Celestia Ravenwood: In a sense, even though they didn't get a pin in the showdown match, they have a chance to showcase more to the coaches than anyone else...by winning this match of course.

5 Women Battle Royal
(Winner becomes part of the final Ground Zero Roster)

"Sweet" Sally Labe vs Sierra Nyx vs Laramie Schweppes
vs "Littl' Miss Magic" Tonya Scott vs "Sweet" Sally Labe

Quick Recap:

The five women in this match did a pretty good job of avoiding going over the top rope for a good few minutes. It was however Sierra Nyx who went first, at the hands of Erinna Cumings. After this however the remaining three women would team up against Erinna and get her over the top rope, and soo after Laramie Schweppes found herself eliminated as well at the hands of both Tony and Sally Labe.

In the end it was just "Sweet" Sally Labe up against "Littl' Miss Magic" Tonya Scott.

Just when it looked like Sally was going to get the upper hand, Tonya produced a fireball out of nowhere. The distraction was enough for Tonya to get Sally over the top rope and win the match.

Winner: "Littl' Miss Magic" Tonya Scott

Tonya Scott celebrates as we see four other women very upset that their Ground Zero journey is over already. Tonya grabs her hat from ringside and pulls a dove out of it that flies into the crowd.

Blair Ravenwood: I don't think I like this kind of magic...

Celestia Ravenwood: It's a joke is what it is Blair.

Meanwhile Trixie sits at the coach's table amazed at Tonya.

Backstage, a masked and sweaty Hemmlock bursts into Saint Sully's office. Sully was chilling at his desk and seemed a little bit surprised to see her come in so aggressivelly.

He looks over at the camera man and then turns back at Hemmlock.

Saint Sully: Oh, hey there...Hemm...

Hemmlock: Why did I have to compete tonight?

Saint Sully: What do you mean? Everyone had to compete tonight.

Hemmlock: I won that match that gave me a guaranteed spot on the show. Why did I have to then fight to keep that spot?

Saint Sully: Look, Hemm...I know you think you're special because...you're a returning member of the Ground Zero roster, but...just because you competed on Ground Zero before...does not mean I can give you special treatment.

Hemmlock: I'm not looking to get special treatment.

Saint Sully: Good. Because there's a lot of folks that have high expectations for you. You're only the second person ever to return to Ground Zero for a second shot. The first guy didn't do so well, so here's hoping you do.

Hemmlock: I promise I will make you proud.

Saint Sully: You already have!

Hemmlock nods her head at Sully and leaves in haste.​

The coaches are still at their table waiting to see who was going to win this match. Trixie is playing a gameboy, Bell Connelly has her notepad and pen ready, while Katsu stares on curious and invested. Penny has her feet up on the table and looks content.

Blair Ravenwood: 19 women are already headed to Tampa Bay.

Celestia Ravenwood: Only one left to go.

All five women are already in the ring and ready to get started.
5 Women Battle Royal
(Winner becomes part of the final Ground Zero Roster)

Lyla vs "The Matriarch of Mayhem" Kristy Vance
vs "The Natural" Godiva Leavengood vs DupliKate vs Betty B. Goode

Quick Recap:

Kristy Vance wasted no time in this one. As soon as the bell rang, she clotheslined Lyla out of the ring. Meanwhile DupliKate immediately went at Betty B. Boode.

While Goode and DupliKate wen tback and forth, Kristy Vance and Govida Leavengood went at it. Eventually, Vance was able to toss Leavengood out as well.

Meanwhile, just when it look like Betty was about to get the upperhand on DupliKate...Kate poked her in the eyes. She then grabbed Betty's skirt, and tossed her out of the ring. DupliKate laughed down at Betty, but soon was greeted by a boot to the face from Kristy Vance. Vance was able to toss her over the top rope to secure the victory.

Winner: "The Matriarch of Mayhem" Kristy Vance

The Matriarch of Mayhem has survived and becomes the 20th and final member of the roster. Meanwhile DupliKate is furious and she starts to blame Betty for her elimination.

She screams and gets in Betty's face until security has to intervene to break them up.

Blair Ravenwood: Well there you have it...Kristy Vance becomes the final member of the 20 Women Roster for Ground Zero.

Celestia Ravenwood: Tonight we saw eight women get eliminated. Next week we'll know who is on what team...but even then, we're looking at two more eliminations next week.

Blair Ravenwood: We only have seven episodes left, and by Episode 8 we'll be watching the finale.

Kristy Vance continues to celebrate in the ring. She looks over at the coaches and sort of gives them all a nod. Bell Connelly continues to take notes in her notepad as the show comes to a close.

8 down.

20 left.

Who will be the last one standing?

Last edited:

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
@SupineSnake
@AON
@Starlight Kid
@OMB
@Jimmy King
@Bobby Barrows
@Dubble J
@Jazz Wolf
@Wiseman
@Vinegar
@The Golden One
@Prison Dom
@Tommy Bedlam

And so concludes Episode One of GZS5. Thank you to Dubb for sending in a segment!

I'll try to have the next episode posted by Wednesday this week although no guarantees as this is going to be a busy weekend.

If you're looking for a way to help out I will always take segments! I'll be putting the teams together this week and finishing the graphics. The second post on the front page is where the roster will be, there's already some there.

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
Roster Update incoming:

Forum is being lame about copying and pasting, so see the front page post for graphics. I'll update soon hopefully on this page.

Last edited:

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u

Episode Schedule

Week 1:
August 23rd, 2023 live from Miami, Florida
Week 2: August 30th, 2023 live from Tampa Bay, Florida
Week 3: September 6th, 2023 live from Orlando Florida
Week 4: September 13th, 2023 live from Jacksonville, Florida

*Sept 20th will be reserved as a makeup week.
*Sept 27th will have no show as I will be on vacation

Week 5: October 4th, 2023 live from San Diego, California
Week 6: October 11th, 2023 live from Los Angeles, California
Week 7: October 18th, 2023 live from San Jose, California
Week 8: October 25th, 2023 live from San Francisco, California

GROUND ZERO ROSTER ANNOUNCED:

Breaking News:
After the conclusion of the first episode of Ground Zero, the four coaches were able to scout enough to draft their teams. We don't know the exact draft order, but what we do know is that the four teams are set. Team Katsu, Team Penny, Team Trixie, and Team Bell have all drafted their four teams of five contestants.

See the new updated roster above​

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u

Beep...Beep....Beep....

NOW PLAYING NEW VOICE MAILS....

BOOP-!

"SISTER VIOLET! DID YOU SEE GROUND ZERO?! I MADE IT INTO THE NEXT ROUND! I'M A REAL ACTUAL WRESTLER NOW. ARE YOU PROUD OF ME?! HUH ARE YOU?! YOU THINK I CAN BE LET INTO THE FAMILY REUNION NEXT MONTH?! PAPA DRYER CHASED ME OUT LAST YEAR WITH A CATTLE PROD! WHAT A JOKESTER!"

BOOP-!

SISTER VIOLET-! Did I just miss you?! I could have sworn you tried to ring me earlier. Mostly because you're the only contact on my phone-! No? Okay! Kisses!

BOOP-!

"SISTER VIOLET-! Did I mention that when I win ground zero, I'll give you the contract? You deserve it WAY more than me!"

BOOP-!

"SISTER VIOLET! We're having a fun game of phone tag, aren't we?! You DID see Ground Zero, didn't you? I bought VIP tickets for you and the whole family...but no one showed...did they get lost in the mail?"

BOOP-!

"SISTER VIOLET! I emailed you a poem. Did you get it? The title was called! I love my sister very, very much! If you like, I can recite it for you!"

BOOP-!

"SISTER VIOLET! ....This is still your number, isn't

1694382043337.png

Episode 2: The Big Guava
Live from the Yuengling Center in Tampa Bay, Florida
Wednesday, September 6th, 2023

1694381986372.png

The fireworks go off in the Yuengling Center as the crowd pops for the second episode of Ground Zero Season 5. Blair and Celestia Ravenwood are already down at the commentary table, with two-thirds of the trios championships sitting on the table in front of them.

Host Saint Sully appears on the titantron screen.

Saint Sully: Hello Tampa Bay! Tonight, we begin Ground Zero Season 5. We have our four teams, with 20 talented women competing for a shot at the FWA. But at the end of the night, two of them will be going home.

So how are we going to figure out who that will be?

Simple. The teams will face off against each other. Team Katsu and Team Bell will have a five on five match, and well Team Penny will fight Team Trixie the same. The coaches from the two losing teams will have to pick two of their own to fight in the last two matches of the night...losers of those matches goes home.

Good luck!

The crowd pops at the sound of the excitement. Two eliminations, five-on-five tag team matches, and a whole lot of action!.

Blair Ravenwood: Well there we have it...we're going to get to see everyone in action tonight...

Celestia Ravenwood: A big chance for two teams to get some early momentum, and bragging rights.

Blair Ravenwood: More than bragging rights sister, they get to ensure none of them are going home. You want to be safe? You have to win!
Team Katsu vs Team Bell
5 vs 5 Match
(Winning team is safe from elimination)

1694382249797.png
1694382260305.png
1694382266463.png
1694382271006.png
1694382274881.png

vs

1694382334996.png
1694382346218.png
1694382350651.png
1694382354707.png
1694382358809.png

Quick Recap:

Things looked like they were favoring Team Katsu. REO was able to eliminate Hazel Knight out of the gate, and then Hemmlock took down Indigo Dreyer. Kirek Night took out Hazel Knight and suddenly it was just The Pink Precipitation and Millie Harrows.

Millie put up a pretty good fight, and took out LOL with a rollup, but soon she was taken out by REO herself.

This left The Pink Precipitation in a 1v4 situation. But that soon turned into a one on three whenever TPP took out Linh Nguyen, one on two when TPP took out Hemmlock, and the before anyone could blink The Pink Precipitation had pinned Kirek Night to the mat.

It turned into REO vs The Pink Precipitation, and it looked like REO was going to put TPP down, but suddenly TPP hit REO with a running bicycle kick. It was enough to get REO down just enough for a cover and win.

Winner: Team Bell

The rest of Team Bell come back in the ring to celebrate with The Pink Precipitation. Meanwhile, REO is furious at the loss and is kicking the steel steps.

Celestia Ravenwood: Wow! What a showing by The Pink Precipitation! She was outnumbered one to four, and she managed to take down all of them.

Blair Ravenwood: Well, we can tell that the best competition-

???: CAN'T HOLD A CANDLE TO THIS!"

At the commentary desk, both members of the Coven leap about a foot in the air as Tonya Scott appears out of nowhere, dressed in her Vegas magician best, with a flashy smile on her face.

Celestia Ravenwood: "Ummm- where did you-?"

Tonya Scott: PICK A CARD-!

In a smooth and well-practised gesture, Tonya fans out a deck of cards from her inside pocket and presents them theatrically in front of the sisters Ravenwood.

Blair Ravenwood: ".....We're not doing this-"

Celestia Ravenwood: "We're not playing these games; we are sisters of the ancient rites of the forces of nature; we serve beings of infinite power that have lived aeons and aeons...and you wanna know the thing about them? They didn't do any card tricks!

Tonya doesn't seem moved by their words, just standing there frozen, silently insisting that they pick a card. The sisters share a look, recognising that if the show ever has a chance of moving forward, they have to play along; Blair reluctantly moves forward and lazily leans forward, inspecting one card before taking it.

Tonya Scott: "Ohhhhhh. Interesting, you like that card, do you? Interesting VERRRRY interesting."

It's all very showy as Tonya puts the deck back in her pocket before suddenly closing her eyes and putting her two forefingers to her template.

Blair Ravenwood: "What are you-"

Tonya Scott: "Shhhhhh. I'm communing with the forces of nature, those dark magical forces you love so much, shananananannanananannananaa bibbiby bobbity boo!

Both members of the Coven seem offended that Tonya is mocking their core beliefs.

Tonya Scott: "Is your card the seven of diamonds?"

Both sisters share a look.

Blair Ravenwood: "Nope"

Tonya's smile fades.

Tonya Scott: "It's not? Are you sure?"

Celestia Ravenwood: "Very"

Tonya seems rather upset her trick didn't work out, her eyes to the ground embarrassed.

Tonya Scott: "Aw jeez, ladies. I don't know what to say. I just thought I could connect to the same powers you do, and we can all bond a little over magic."

Celestia Ravenwood: "NO ONE can connect to the powers we do. Especially not you!"

Tonya Scott "You know, I think you're right...I suppose if your way doesn't work...I'll try my way."

And just like that, the card that Blair was holding BURSTS into flames; she gasps as she drops the flaming card to the ground in shock.

Blair Ravenwood:"What the he-"

Tonya Scott: "Celestia, be so kind as to show the playing card underneath your notes."

Celestia Ravenwood:"There's no car-"

She stops speaking, and her eyes narrow as she pulls out a card under her notes. Her face instantly sours as she sees the face of it; she shows her sister the card, and she matches her sister's expression.

Tonya Scott: "And is that your card?"

Blair mutters something

Tonya Scott:"Sorry, babe. Didn't catch that."

Blair Ravenwood:"....yes it is."

Tonya Scott:"BOOM. MAGIC-!"

Blair Ravenwood: "THAT'S NOT MAGIC! THAT'S JUST...SHOWY....BULLSHIT..."

Celestia Ravenwood:"...Blair..."

Blair Ravenwood:"You Pevert what we hold dear to make a quick butt and...."

Celestia Ravenwood: "Blair!"

Blair Ravenwood:"What?!"

Celestia turns the card around to reveal something had been written on it-

"THE COVEN SMELL LIKE BUTT"

Blair Ravenwood:"Son of a"

The Coven turns around to confront Tonya, but she has vanished into thin air.

Celestia Ravenwood:"God, I hate her."

Blair Ravenwood:"Please, Mother Lilith, make sure she's eliminated tonight; I can't deal with her with an FWA contract.

When we return from commercial, Tonya has been joined by the rest of Team Trixie. Team Penny then makes their entrance, all together and led to the ring by Coach Penny.

Celestia Ravenwood: So we're obviously rooting for Team Trixie, right?

Blair Ravenwood: I don't know, I was...but now I'm sort of hoping they lose so that I can see that Tonya Scott get eliminated. I'm not a fan of Iris Everglow either. The rest of them are fine.

With everyone in the ring it's time to get started.

Team Trixie vs Team Penny
(Winning team is safe from elimination)

1694384079550.png
1694384082853.png
1694384088280.png
1694384091727.png
1694384095609.png

vs

1694384165751.png
1694384169826.png
1694384173114.png
1694384177013.png
1694384180153.png

Quick Recap:

This one is a bit more back and forth than the last one. Josie Katt ended up as the first elimination, at the hands of Celestia Zewbowski. Then Tonya Scott was able to take down Stacey Toogood with a roll up to make it 4v4 again.

Hailey Price got eliminated next by Paige Westerby, but then Paige was taken out by Mercy O'Neil. Kristy Vance was dominating, but she got caught off guard by Moony Laveau.

Mercy O'Neil was able to take out Moony, and then Iris took down Celestia Zewbowski. With Iris and Tonya left against Mercy, they were able to take turns picking her apart. With Mercy unable to handle the 2v1 situation, she eventually ended up getting pinned on a rollup by Iris to give Team Trixie the win.

Winner: Team Trixie

Iris celebrates the pin she just got a Tonya jumps in and joins her.

Blair Ravenwood: Oh god...

Celestia Ravenwood: Team Trixie wins!

Blair Ravenwood: Well, I guess we know where things stand for the rest of the night. Team Katsu and Team Penny both will be sending one of their own home. Who will the coaches pick?

Team Trixie now is celebrating together, as Iris gets up on the turnbuckle and gives a wink to the camera as we cut to a commercial.

Backstage at Ground Zero, in front of a screen broadcasting the in-ring action, we see a familiar woman in a mask. Katsu. One of the coaches of the season, coming off a successful coaching endeavor the previous season. May this season have a better end result without a winner of the show attacking her. The young-veteran has her signature Kitsune inspired mask which has arguably become more iconic with her in a short time than her original. Its white and red sticks out from the crowd. She has a red top on with jeans, keeping her layers somewhat light with the hot Florida weather. A clipboard is in her hands with notes. Tonight with the teams selected, Katsu appears one step ahead, writing down notes about what to work on with who, and now she appears to have escaped the confines of the stage to have some privacy to collect her thoughts.

Behind her, a familiar voice speaks to her. There is clearly a Japanese accent, but a clear grasp of the English language.

???: “Hello, friend.”

Turning around, Katsu sees one of the members of her team, the one she has a personal connection with. Despite her Japanese heritage, her hair is dyed orange-red. Her ring gear is a mix of black, silver, and gold with tassels. Her face is split in two with a line of face paint. Black lipstick as well. Her height is respectable, though not quite to the level of her older sister. REO. A young 18 year old sensation and recent graduate of COSMIC Joshi Wrestling’s Dojo system.

Katsu: “REO.”

The coach tucks her clipboard under her arm.

Katsu: “Congratulations on making the first cut. I was looking forward to drafting you on my team.”

She smiles at her friend’s younger sister.

REO: “I would not have accepted any other coach. Nobody else gets my style.”

The young lady folds her arms. She clearly has a small hint of an attitude.

Katsu: “Even if you weren’t Ririko’s sister, I would have drafted you early. For that reason, and also I know you have a high potential. But I know some other coaches would have been interested in picking you too. I’m sure you would have been fine either way.”

Raising an eyebrow, REO clearly disagrees.

REO: “You sure? If Bellatrix would have gone through our training she would have quit day one…”

Katsu: “Maybe Bellatrix has a lot to learn as a coach-”

Katsu, even with her relatively positive relationship with Bellatrix, gives her friend that much credit, but she quickly defends the other coaches.

Katsu: “But she means well. Bell Connelly is a Hall of Famer as well and Penny is a tough woman. Is this just because you want to be in MAYHEM? Because Fuka and Miho are gone. They are the ones who rejected you. Saori may want to rebuild the group.”

REO: “It is not that, Katsu.”

The contestant shakes her head.

REO: “Their words stung. They said I was not ready. They said I don’t fit. They said I was only accepted in wrestling school because of my sister…”

REO clenches her fist. She looks to the side.

REO: “It made me so angry… All that training, leaving school every day to train for six hours, and that was what I got in return?”

Katsu: “Well, those who know you know it is not true. That should matter.”

REO: “So what? Nobody knows me!”

She says like the moody teenager she is.

REO: “I don’t want a single person to doubt what I can do. That is why I chose to come to America. Like you, like Ririko. This is where I can get better. That is why I need you as a coach. You've been in my shoes. You know what I am going through as a Japanese girl in America. I want to win this competition. I want the chance to compete in FWA if I desire. I want to return to CJW as a winner. Stronger!”

Katsu: “I understand.”

Katsu puts her hand on REO’s shoulder.

Katsu: “I am still fighting for that in FWA. To belong. To show that I can compete with anyone. I hate rejection. I hate the feeling of being overlooked. That makes you angry. There’s some darkness in you. Like what Queen Yoshiko sensed in me. But I controlled it. Don’t let it eat away at you. As for you on my team, I can’t play favourites. What about the rest of my team? If anything, as your friend I need to be harder on you. But I do believe you can go far in this competition. Just take the right path.”

Looking at Katsu’s hand, REO digests some of her words. She gives a slow nod in understanding.

Katsu: “Good luck. I need to return to the stage to watch the next match. I’ll be rooting for you and the rest of our team. And tomorrow, we will train.”

The masked wrestler gives a small grin to her friend and she walks off towards the stage area. REO stands, not even watching her friend walk off. She closes her eyes and mutters to herself.

REO: “I know a shadow looms over me…”

There is some tension in her voice.

REO: “But while you suppressed yours and you needed to… I will listen to mine whispering to me…”

Behind her, a backstage attendant wearing an FWA polo shirt walks up to her. He places his hand on her shoulder.

Attendant: “Miss REO? They need you at the stage area for-”

Turning around in a flash, she pushes the man’s arm off her shoulder. Before he even know what hit him she spins around and-

CRACK!

She nails a hooking back roundhouse kick to the side of his head! A Skull Kick!

The man collapses to the floor, completely in a dance as his eyes are glazed over. REO has a slight tilt of her head. Her hair hangs over her face. Under it we see a sadistic smirk. Kneeling over him, we hear a sinister giggle. Clearly, unlike Katsu or even her older sister, the younger lady has zero issue with letting her violent tendencies take over. The Joshi prodigy grabs his wrist which is limp as he is knocked out from her signature kick.

REO: “Thank you…”

Dropping it, his arm drapes over his unconscious body.

REO: “I will see myself there…”

Getting up, REO walks away, completely disregarding the man she knocked out.

As we prepare for our next part of the competition, Blair and Celestia are interrupted on commentary as for some unknown reason, former Ground Zero competitor and noted good friend of FWA star Lizzie, er Elizabeth Rose has found her way into the arena.

Blair Ravenwood:: "What is going on. What is the meaning of this?!"

Celestia Ravenwood: "Daphne? Daphne Shelly? What's going on. This is Ground Zero season 5 not season 2... Unless…”

Blair Ravenwood:: "No..."

Celestia Ravenwood: "Did you cast a time travel spell, Blair?"

Blair Ravenwood:: "One time, Celestia. It was ONE TIME."

Daphne Shelly: "No... guys... it's still 2023."

Celestia Ravenwood: "Then what in the world are you doing here?"

Daphne Shelly: "I need your help. I need the help... of... I can't believe I'm saying this... dark magic."

Blair Ravenwood:: "And why would we help you?"

Daphne Shelly: "Oh I dunno... out of the kindness of your hearts?"

Celestia and Blair look at one another and both start laughing.

Daphne Shelly: "C'mon guys... it's about Lizzie. She's in trouble... those Eternal weirdos have done something to her and I have to help her. Some way. Some how."

Celestia Ravenwood: "Aww... maybe we--"

Blair Ravenwood:: "Nope."

Celestia Ravenwood: "But we--"

Blair Ravenwood:: "Not gonna happen."

Daphne Shelly: "Aw come on! I know it's gonna take some witchery to help her... you guys are my only hope."

Blair Ravenwood:: "Sorry, not our problem. Move along, we got a show to run."

Disappointed and defeated, Daphne hangs her head as she walks off screen.

Celestia Ravenwood: Well, that was weird...but it's time for our next match. The first elimination match of the night!

Blair Ravenwood: This one featuring two stars from Team Katsu. I was told that REO was set to participate in this one, but apparently just moments ago Coach Katsu made a last second switch?

Celestia Ravenwood: That's odd, I wonder why?

Blair Ravenwood: And coming out first is Linh Nguyen!

Celestia Ravenwood: The 23 year old from Vietnam was one of Katsu's choices to fight for survival tonight. This will be one of her first tests!

Lihn makes her way to the ring as she waits for her opponent.

Blair Ravenwood: Oh my god that music is terrible!

Celestia Ravenwood: Who are you rooting for in this one sister?

Blair Ravenwood: Well, I was pretty apathetic at first, but now I think I'm rooting for Lihn just so I don't have to hear that theme song again.

Liberty makes her way down to the ring to various boos from the crowd. She laughs at the boos as she gets in the ring and gives the timid Lihn a smug look.

Team Katsu Elimination Match
1v1
(Loser is eliminated from GZS5)

1694384426327.png
vs
1694384475587.png

Quick Recap:

LOL dominated this match from the beginning, but with each pin attempt she was not able to put Nguyen away. This one instead turned into a battle of endurance, and that is where Nguyen shined.

Eventually Lihn Nguyen was able to outlast LOL, and when she least expected it got her into a kimura lock. LOL reluctantly tapped away, ensuring her elimination.

Winner: Lihn Nguyen

Eliminated: Liberty Olivera Lawrenson (20th Place)

Lihn Nguyen rolls off LOL, exhausted by happy she has survived.

Blair Ravenwood: GOOD! See ya later...LOL!

Celestia Ravenwood: Lihn Nguyen proved that she will not give up! She took a lot of falls, but she did not break. I'm impressed with her honestly.

Blair Ravenwood: Good for you.

Daphne Shelly is making her way toward the exit of the arena when she overhears something coming from a nearby room. It's the voice of another female..

???: "Four merigold petals... an ounce of dragon's blood... ew..."

Daphne peeks her head through the door where she sees a blonde woman, specifically GroundZero competitor Iris Everglow:, flipping through what appears to be a spellbook.

Daphne Shelly: "Uhh, hi, sorry for eavesdropping... but... is that.. what I think it is?"

Iris Everglow: "Oh, yeah... just trying to get some practice in.. sorry, was I too loud?"

Daphne Shelly: "Practice?"

Iris Everglow: "Yeah, sorry, HI! I'm Iris."

Iris extends her hand out to Daphne, who cautiously accepts it.

Daphne Shelly: "Daphne... and by practice you mean..."

Iris Everglow: "Witchcraft. Yeah... kinda weird, I know. I'm technically only half witch so this doesn't come naturally to me... but I'm working on it."

Daphne Shelly: "So... you could possibly help me then? I'm actually in some serious need for dark magic."

Iris Everglow: "Oh... I dunno. Like I said... I'm still pretty new... but... you know... the Coven.. maybe they--"

Daphne Shelly: "Yeah... no. They were not very helpful at all."

Iris Everglow: "That... checks out. Well... what's a girl like you needing dark magic for?"

Daphne Shelly: "Well you see... my friend... Lizzie Rose..."

Iris Everglow: "Oh my God - Lizzie Rose?! I love her! I'm so annoyed at those Eternal weirdos.."

Daphne Shelly: "That's exactly what I said! And I thought maybe... just maybe.. with some help of dark magic... I could bring her back."

Iris Everglow:: "Hmm... you know what Daphne? I wouldn't normally do this... BUT... for a friend of Lizzie's and the chance to get better at this magic stuff... I'll do it! I'll read through all my books and see if I can come up with the right spell to get the old Lizzie back! The Lizzie you know and love."

Her eyes wide with excitement, Daphne runs in for a hug.

Daphne Shelly: "Thank you so much!"

Iris Everglow: "Absolutely! I'll be in touch"

Blair Ravenwood: We are back and we have one more match...

Celestia Ravenwood: In just a moment we're going to see who from Team Penny will be facing off. One of them is going home.

Stacey Toogood appears at the ramp to a chorus of boos. She looks offended but then begins to laugh as she struts her way down to the ring.

Blair Ravenwood: Now here's someone I like. She's got the right attitude.

Celestia Ravenwood: Oh please, she's like...Walmart Brand Regina George.

Kristy Vance now enters to a big pop.

Celestia Ravenwood: Kristy Vance has had quite a first couple of weeks. She was one of the handful who didn't make it out of the Ground Zero Showdown with a pin. So what did she have to do? Win a battle royal to earn her spot. She did it, she made it on the roster and she got drafted to Team Penny.

Blair Ravenwood: And after all that, here she is again, in sudden death.

Vance gets in the ring in the opposite corner of Toogood as things get started.

Team Penny Elimination Match
1v1
(Loser is eliminated from GZS5)

1694386039155.png
vs
1694384518043.png

Quick Recap:

Stacey Toogood tried her best, but Kristy Vance was furiously determined in this one. No matter how hard Stacey hit,The "Matriarch of Mayhem" hit harder.

Before Stacey knew it, Kristy hit the "Women Scorned (High impact spear)" on her for the cover.

Winner: "The Matriarch of Mayhem" Kristy Vance
Eliminated: Stacey Toogood (19th Place)

Kristy gets up and holds her arms up in the air.

She looks down at Stacey who's rolling out of the ring in pain.

Blair Ravenwood: I think this proves that Kristy is not messing around.

Celestia Ravenwood: She's been up against it now in back to back episodes and she's pulled through. I think it's safe to say she's established herself as a dominant threat in this competition.

The last shot we see if a close up of Kristy Vance. She's still angry, and she's still hungry for more.

Who will stop her?​

Attachments

• 1694384442998.png
    1694384442998.png
    440 KB · Views: 9
  • 1694384504703.png
    1694384504703.png
    403.9 KB · Views: 12

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
@SupineSnake
@AON
@Starlight Kid
@OMB
@Jimmy King
@Bobby Barrows
@Dubble J
@Jazz Wolf
@Wiseman
@Vinegar
@The Golden One
@Prison Dom
@Tommy Bedlam

Ground Zero S5 Episode 2 is live!

Big thanks to Dubb, AON, and Beavie for sending in segments.

Next week's episode I fully intend on having up by Wednesday night this week which means if anyone intends on sending in segments to do it by then.

I already have on from the lovely SJW. I'd like one more, but I'm only doing three matches next card so worst case I'll write a segment myself to insert in there.

Ground Zero News:

Host Saint Sully has already announced next week's card, after a successful show in Tampa Bay. As the show heads to Orlando, we are set for two more eliminations.

Sully had this to say.

"Since Team Trixie and Team Bell made it out of this past week unscathed, I figured we'd put them in the hot seat. Episode 3? We'll open with one vs the other. Loser goes home".

It seems as if the participants from each team are already chosen.

Here is the final card for next week!

Match One: Moony Laveau (Team Trixie) vs Millie Harrow (Team Bell) in an Elimination Match!

Match Two: 12 Way Match (No Count Outs) consisting of REO, Lihn Nguyen, Kirek Night, Kristy Vance, Hailey Price, Celestia Zewbowski, Tonya Scott, Josie Katt, Iris Everglow, TPP, Agent Winters, Indigo Dreyer. Winner gets immunity for next week.

Match Three: Fatal Four Team Elimination: Hemmlock (Team Katsu) vs Mercy O'Neil (Team Penny) vs Paige Westerby (Team Trixie) vs Hazel Knight (Team Bell). Whoever gets pinned is eliminated, whoever gets the pin earns immunity for next week.

Last edited:

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
1694649550891.png

Episode 3: O-Town
Live from the State Farm Fieldhouse in Disney, Orlando, Florida
Wednesday, September 13th, 2023

The fireworks go off here at the ESPN Sports Complex at Disney in Orlando Florida. We're at the State Farm Field House, and all sorts of fans have shown up to watch the third episode of Ground Zero.

Blair Ravenwood: Welcome to Orlando! And the third episode of Ground Zero Season 5!

Celestia Ravenwood: We had the matches for this card announced ahead of time, which made me even more excited for this show.

Blair Ravenwood: You know what I'm most excited for Celestia?

Celestia Ravenwood: What Blair?

Blair Ravenwood: The eliminations.

Celestia Ravenwood: Oh sister...well good news for you, we're about to have one right away! It's Team Trixie vs Team Bell. Moony Laveau vs Millie Harrows. Someone is going home!

The crowd boos immensely as the dark voodoo Queen herself Moony Laveau appears at the top of the ramp from a thick smoke.

Celestia Ravenwood: I like spooky, but this is too much.

Blair Ravenwood: Oh stop it Celestia, that is the the descendent of the great Marie Laveau...one of the greatest witches of all time. Show some respect.

Celestia Ravenwood: I don't know, she just scares me a little bit too much.

Blair Ravenwood: I'm going to scare you a little too much.

Celestia Ravenwood: Oh trust me, you already do.

Once Moony is in the ring, the next competitor arrives.

The crowd gives a soft cheer for little Millie as she comes out.

Blair Ravenwood: Oh jeez...

Celestia Ravenwood: Hey, the fans are on her side

Blair Ravenwood: Only because they feel sorry for her. You just have to pity her.

Celestia Ravenwood: Lucky for her, she's on Team Bell. Surely she'll learn some things?

Blair Ravenwood: I don't know...MAYBE.

Millie makes it to the ring, she tries to shake Moony's hand, but Moony just stares her down as Millie slowly backs away into the opposite corner.

The referee lays down the rules and then signals for the bell.

Team Trixie vs Team Bell
Elimination Match
(Loser is eliminated from the show)

1694652042431.png
vs
1694652054731.png
Quick Recap:

Moony Laveau dominated most of the match. Occassionall she would blow green smoke, and even at one point pulled out a Millie sized doll that had a few needles in it.

But Millie was able to shake the fears and the voodoo tricks.

Just when it seemed like Moony would put Millie away and secure a victory, Millie shocked her with “Not in Kansas” - Bridging Half Nelson Suplex. She lifted Moony's leg for the confident pin and win.

Winner: Millie Harrow (Team Bell)

Eliminated: Moony Laveau (Team Trixie, 18th overall)

Millie rolls off Moony Laveau, shocked that she won! Moony is furious too, she grabs the Millie voodoo doll, but Millie quickly kicks it out of the ring before she can pick it up.

Moony stares down Millie, but Millie then retreats from the ring.

Blair Ravenwood: What a coward!

Celestia Ravenwood: Millie has no reason to stay! She won, get out of there.

Blair Ravenwood: Maybe, but it's a shame...I liked what I saw from Moony. I don't know Blair, maybe we could learn a thing or to from her? Do you want to reach out to her, or should I?

Celestia Ravenwood: Voodoo? That's dark magic, even for us sister.

Blair Ravenwood: Fine, I guess it'll have to be me to reach out.

With Millie far enough away from Moony Laveau, she can properly celebrate her win at the top of the ramp as the fans cheer her on.

???: Good evening, Agent Winters.

Click.

A lightbulb flickered into life, hanging from a single threadbare wire, inside a gray, forlorn room. There is a single chair, metal, disposable, next to a single table, slate gray, equally cold and lifeless. There’s a dossier on the table, thin and brown with a handful of pages spilling out. Footsteps approach, and a figure walks into view - a slim woman, dressed in a three-piece suit, black, with a white undershirt. A pair of thick, black sunglasses rested before her eyes, pupils hidden from the outside world, as she approached the table, standing beside it and ignoring the chair next to it.

Agent Winters: Overseer.

She acknowledged the voice of with a curt nod, a hand resting on the edge of an earpiece, tucked behind her sunglasses. She tilts a head, studying the dossier before her, with the classic words of ‘TOP SECRET’ printed out on it.

Overseer █: I trust you are… Suitable, for duty.

It was not a question. She simply nodded. Overseer []’s voice had a mechanical reverberation to it, something that was only slightly less noticeable over the earpiece communication, but the involuntary click of something that might’ve been a tongue still echoed. Rather than dwell on it, Agent Winters instead eased open the dossier, fingers trailing over a photograph of a masked, skull-claden man.

Agent Winters: Operation Taured. The name is… Apt.

Her earpiece bristled with activity, as she held up the photo in the light.

Overseer █: Mm. I believe the researcher named this operation that, as an… Inside joke of sorts. They have since been exterminated. Rightfully so. Regardless - This is the primary focal point of Operation Taured: A man referring to himself as El Vengador. There is no history of anyone existing under than name, until several months ago when he stepped onto the latest season of Ground Zero.

Agent Winters: He could’ve existed off the grid.

Overseer █: No. Even someone who lived a life as solitary as possible still leaves a trail, however minor. Besides - There’s no such thing as living completely off the grid. From society, yes, one can distance themselves as much as possible. But not from us. We have eyes and ears everywhere. Yet no trace of this man existed before February of this year.

Agent Winters tilted her head, studying the man in the photo before her.

Agent Winters: You believe this man is not of this world.

Overseer █: We do not believe it. We accept it as a plausible theory of security, and containment. Hence, his reported claims about arriving from another realm requiring investigation. Hence, Operation Taured. Hence, your role in this investigation. Of course, as with all things within the half-life world of wrestling, any claim at all should be taken with a grain of salt… But there’s enough red flags with this El Vengador character that it’s worth investigating. There should be two additional photos in the dossier, potential leads for you to follow. If you may?

Agent Winters placed the photo of El Vengador back on the table, plucking another photo from the dossier, this one of an asian woman with a mask of her own.

Agent Winters: Katsu.

Overseer █: Or Vampyra, for the classically inferred. We understand that Katsu was El Vengador’s primary coach during last season, albeit a partnership that was swiftly terminated after the event. Ideally, you would be placed on Katsu’s team for this season, in order to integrate yourself into Katsu’s good graces and see if she knows anything about El Vengador’s past.

Agent Winters clicked her tongue in annoyance.

Agent Winters: Easier said than done. I’ve already hacked into the internal emails of the Ground Zero staff - I’m to be placed under the tutelage of one Bell Connelly for the duration of Ground Zero.

Overseer █: Hm. That would make gaining Katsu’s trust and extorting information from her to be difficult.

Agent Winters: I have my ways, Overseer.

Overseer : That you do. There’s an additional contact of interest, if you please.

Agent Winters placed the photo of Katsu next to the photo of El Vengador, reaching for the last, revealing a rugged, ginger man in a suit.

Agent Winters: Saint Sulley.

Overseer █: Correct. Sulley is the host, the owner and operator of the Ground Zero series. He personally reviews all submissions, selecting who goes through and who doesn’t. If someone has an indication of a paper trail for El Vengador, then he’s the most likely choice. He may know something no-one else is privy to, and simply hasn’t revealed it for one reason or another. That being said, following some of his recent actions during the last season, Sulley may not be the most… Personable.

Agent Winters: He seems to have a soft spot for that Hemmlock character.

There was a series of clicking from the other end of the earpiece, as if they were choosing the right words for it, verbally dismissing others within a microsecond.

Overseer █: A ‘soft spot’ is one term for it, I suppose. Regardless, you’ve hit on a potential avenue worth exploring. If Sulley knows some information, and isn’t willing to part with it, his affinity for Hemmlock is something we could take advantage of.

Agent Winters raised an eyebrow, looking towards the roof, as if there may be some secret writing upon it.

Agent Winters: In what way, Overseer?

Overseer █: You’re the lead investigator, Agent Winters. It’s your call.

Placing the photos back into the dossier, Agent Winters collected the evidence with a curt nod, tucking the dossier into an internal pocket of her jacket.

Agent Winters: Understood. You can count on me, Overseer.

Overseer █: I would certainly hope so, Agent Winters. After Incident 13-D-22, some my colleagues were… Concerned about your psychological status, and whether you may have been… Compromised.

Agent Winters withheld a scoff, and simply shook her head.

Agent Winters: I have been medically cleared and deemed fit for duty by our psychological & trauma team, Overseer.

Overseer █: Of course, of course. But you known as well as I, it’s easy to hide the answers if you know the questions.

Agent Winters: Overseer, our code of conduct states that if I am deemed to be a liability in any unreasonable way, then I am to be removed from active duty and terminated at the next opportunity. The fact that I am currently assigned an active case, in addition to the fact that I am breathing, infers that I am not a liability.

Overseer █: In any unreasonable way, Agent Winters. A liability who still gets results is considered reasonable, to an extent. Do not get the wrong idea - You exist because we demand it, and you breathe because we allow it. Spot the difference. Besides, that still may change, depending on the outcome of the investigation into Incident 13-D-22. If the investigation reveals your role in Incident 13-D-22 does not match your official statement, then… Reasonable or not, you can infer the result towards your status. Are we clear, Agent Winters?

Silence. Agent Winters tapped a finger on the table, staring at something that didn’t exist, her mind calculating this new piece of information with a furrowed brow.

Overseer █: Agent Winters. Are we clear?

Agent Winters: Crystal.

Overseer █: Good. Focus on Operation Taured. Find out if El Vengador truly is from another dimension, and whether we can secure, contain, and harness it for our own means. Give us results, and we can ensure that if our investigation discovers something about your actions during Incident 13-D-22 that doesn’t quite add up, the results will be expunged from official records. Do what you do best, get results and don’t mind the collateral.

Agent Winters: I’ll see to it, Overseer.

Click.

When we return from commercial, all 12 competitors are already out there in the ring.

Blair Ravenwood: Welcome back! Just in time for our 12 Way Match.

Celestia Ravenwood: Don't you just love it when they do all those entrances during commercials?

Blair Ravenwood: I mean, it would take us the whole show to do 12 entrances Blair.

Celestia Ravenwood: That would be a lot of Youtube links.

Blair Ravenwood: I don't know what that means, but never the less this thing is about to get underway. There is only one pin, there are no count outs...and it's a 12 person free for all.

Celestia Ravenwood: Interestingly, there's 3 people from each team. Will they work together, or will it be every girl for herself?

Blair Ravenwood: I know what I'd be doing...

Celestia Ravenwood: Oh we know Blair.

Blair Ravenwood; What can I say? Only one person can win this match, there's no teams.

Celestia Ravenwood: And don't forget, the winner gets immunity next week.

Blair Ravenwood: There is a lot on the line.

With everyone ready, the referee rings the bell...
12 Way Match
No Count Outs

(Winner has immunity next week)

Lihn Nguyen (Team Katsu) vs REO (Team Katsu) vs Kirek Night (Team Katsu) vs Kristy Vance (Team Penny) vs Mercy O'Neil (Team Penny) vs Celestia Zewbowski (Team Penny) vs Tonya Scott (Team Trixie) vs Josie Katt (Team Trixie) vs Iris Everglow (Team Trixie) vs The Pink Percipitation (Team Bell) vs Agent Winters (Team Bell) vs Indigo Dreyer (Team Bell)

Quick Recap:

With 12 competitors in this match, things were hard to keep track off. Team Bell stuck together as a trio, despite it being a free for all, and worked as a team protecting one another. Meanwhile Team Katsu and Team Trixie went off against each other, and Team Penny actually were fighting amongst themselves!

The PickPercipitation saved Agent Winters and Indigo Dreyer from getting pinned a couple of times.

Meanwhile Lihn Nguyen and Kirek Night went up against Tonya Scott and Iris Everglow quite a bit. On Team Penny, Mercy O"Neil and Kristy Vance butted heads like two angry rhinos, while Celestia Zewbowski carefully tried to stay on the outside.

After many pin breakups, REO caught everyone off guard when she kicked Josie Katt in head with the strength of a horse, and then put her in the Shadow Sleeper. Before anyone could stop it, Josie Katt was tapping out which secured REO's victory.

Winner: REO (Team Katsu)

REO stands over Josie Katt dominatly. She flexes her arms as everyone sort of backs off and a way, a tad intimidated by the show of force.

Blair Ravenwood: Well there you have it, REO has just won this 12 Way Match.

Celestia Ravenwood: I didn't think there would ever be a

When we return, the fans are excited for the main event. A representative from all four teams will be competing and looking for immunity. But the person who gets pinned will be going home.

Blair Ravenwood: Just one more match left!

Celestia Ravenwood: It's going to be a good one too! Any one of the four teams could lose a competitor tonight.

Blair Ravenwood: Let's hope it's Team Bell. They're the only team that still hasn't had an elimination.

Celestia Ravenwood: You'd think they were coached by a Hall of Famer or something.

1694658443182.png

We cut to backstage as the hallways begin to fill with smoke. The backstage crew begin to run as they believe there's a fire in the building, but the smoke soon turns green as the eliminated Moony Laveau appears.

Her eyes turn red as the camera turns closer, and then eventually they turn black.

She holds up a voodoo doll, that doesn't look like anyone particular.

Moony Laveau: My name is Monique Laveau. My Great Great Great Grandmother was Marie Laveau, the most powerful woman in New Orleans. This is not the last you've seen of me.

I am strong.

I am powerful.

I am not going to stop until the great Marie Laveau is avenged.

I thought that going through the FWA was the best way to do that. I thought, they have their own powerful set of witches. But my coach Trixie proved how ineffective those witch bitches are. They don't know true magic.

THIS IS TRUE MAGIC.

Moony holds up the voodoo doll, and stabs it with a pocket knife. A blood curdling scream can be heard from somewhere in the building. Moony smiles at the sound.

Moony Laveau: The FWA is not for me. I know that now...the FWA cannot handle me. No...I need to go somewhere that has no limits. Somewhere that won't restrain my true powers. Somewhere that's...against medical advice.

With that, the lights go off, and Moony disappears.​

A wild Hemmlock appears to a big pop from the crowd.

Blair Ravenwood: Here comes Hemmlock!

Celestia Ravenwood: The only person to compete in back to back Ground Zero seasons.

Blair Ravenwood: That's right, we had Ralph Maddox also compete in Ground Zero Season 1 and Season 3, but Hemmlock is here after just being in Ground Zero Season 4.

Celestia Ravenwood: She's come a long way from Mexico!

Hailey Price comes out to some major cheers from the crowd. She smiles as she runs down to the ring to join Hemmlock.

Blair Ravenwood: Here comes the Worcester, Massachusetts native. Apparently, it was supposed to be Mercy O'Neil in this match, but she was switched into the 12 Way match instead. I wonder why?

Celestia Ravenwood: A member of Team Penny. Team Penny lost Stacey Toogood last week, so they're looking to avoid another elimination. Although I feel like Mercy O'Neil would've been the best chance at avoiding that.

Blair Ravenwood: I wonder, is she related to Allen Price?

Celestia Ravenwood: I can sort of see the resemblance...

Now to boos comes out Paige Westerby.

Blair Ravenwood: Oh no, here comes Paige!

Celestia Ravenwood: She's got legs, she knows how to use them!

Blair Ravenwood: That's what ZZ Top says anyway..

Celestia Ravenwood: You mean...Zzzzzz...TOP.

Blair Ravenwood: Where did that Italian accent come from?

Now to a mixed reaction comes Hazel Knight. Some of the marks are cheering for her, but the younger kids are booing.

Blair Ravenwood: Here comes the Anti Hero.

Celestia Ravenwood: You know she's a big Swiftie?

Blair Ravenwood: It's funny sister, some people say I look like Taylor Swift.

Celestia Ravenwood: Huh...I don't see it.

Hazel joins the other three competitors in the ring.

With everyone here, we're ready to start the match.

Fatal Four Way
Elimination Match
(Whoever wins has immunity for next week, whoever gets pinned is eliminated from GZS5)

1694652565836.png
vs
1694652580032.png
vs

1694652590580.png
vs
1694652607074.png
Quick Recap:

In this fatal four away between four teams, things we intense as everyone was fighting both for the win and immunity, but also not to be eliminated.

Paige Westerby actually was the dominant star in this match, and seemed to be in control most of the time.

However, while Paige Westerby was working on Kleio, nearly having her tap out in an arm bar, Hazel Knight shocked Hailey Price when she hit her with the LAVENDER HAZE. She got a quick roll up pine on Hailey right after, just before Paige was about to secure a win against Hemmlock.

Winner: Hazel Knight (Team Bell)
Eliminated: Hailey Price (Team Penny, 17th Place)

Hazel Knight rolls off Hailey and celebrates her win.

Blair Ravenwood: A big win by Hazel Knight, as she has her first big moment of the season!

Celestia Ravenwood: Team Bell now is still the only team without an elimination, as both Millie Harrows and now Hazel Knight have avoided it here tonight.

Blair Ravenwood: While Hazel got the win, I think Paige Westerby looked incredibly strong here as well, as she proved she is a threat on Team Trixie.

Celestia Ravenwood: Well, through three weeks we are now down to just 16 competitors left. Next week, two more will go home. One thing we know, it won't be REO or Hazel Knight.

Blair Ravenwood: See you then, in Jacksonville!

The last shot we see is of Hazel Knight, with the rest of Team Bell. Hailey Price is alone on the outside of the ring, as Hemmlock and Paige Westerby stand also watching Hazel Knight celebrate the big win.

Attachments

• 1694650948649.png
    1694650948649.png
    438.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 1694650962805.png
    1694650962805.png
    454.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 1694650982316.png
    1694650982316.png
    458.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 1694650996211.png
    1694650996211.png