Greatest TNA Champion Semi-Finals

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
We are down to 4! Round 2 consisted of 4 matches, all of which proved to be pretty one-sided affairs. Here are the semi-final standings, I will stop the voting tomorrow evening (Wednesday) at 8 PM. Thanks to all who are participating.

1. Jeff Jarrett (6) [1,006]
TNA-Jeff-Jarrett.jpg

vs.

7. Bobby Roode (1) [256]
Roode_Awesome_Belt_2012_World_Record_TNA_Champ.jpg

2. Kurt Angle (5) [463]
KurtAngle_display_image.jpg

vs.

4. AJ Styles (4) [407]
aj1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Roode - a better champion and during a time where TNA is at it's peak in popularity, Jarrett was champion because he owned the company...yeah he did a lot for the company but it loses it's luster when you book yourself as the champion.

AJ - not even close...AJ is the face of the franchise, TNA Angle just doesn't come close

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Jeff Jarrett - Owner or not, there's no way I can't vote for Jarrett here. From helping establish the company's credibility more than any other single wrestler to helping make one of its top stars (AJ Styles) through feuds for the title he carried. I've got no problem with Roode's reign, and if this was strictly a "TNA Heavyweight Champion" vote, I'd obviously pick him, but its impossible to deny Jarrett's overall better contributions.

AJ Styles - This was a lot harder than it seemed initially, since Angle is perhaps the most credible mainstream wrestler to hold the title. However, nobody singly personifies TNA more than AJ Styles, so I'm going with him.

I'd also like to point out that Jarrett/Styles is the most fitting final this competition could have, given their past history. Hopefully it comes down to that and if so, I already know who I'm voting for.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
TBH, I am expecting to see JJ/AJ in the final based off of how I have seen the votes fall so far over the past couple of rounds, should make for a great debate.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Legitimately struggling between Jarrett & Roode, gonna need more time to think on this one.

Castiel

Reaction score
Roode - Never was a big fan of Jarrett's reigns as champion, that does mean he was obviously a good heel in a sense but for my money Roode is the greatest champion the company has ever had. Longest reigning champion and never a dull moment.

Kurt Angle - AJ's reigns were never really that great either tbh, he may be the face of the company but his best moments haven't come from when he was champion. Angle's reigns felt more legitimate in competition and enjoyable as well.

Reaction score
1.) OK hard choice but going with Bobby Roode because as has been said his title reign is the longest and he got the most heat and thrived in it. JJ is the Founder but to some argument you could say Robert Roode is in a way as he's been here since day one.

2.)AJ Styles is a better champion then Kurt any day in TNA. He has been there since day one is the first and only Grandslam champion if I remember correctly. Plus a lot of Kurt's title reigns were just blah to me. AJ over Kurt in TNA anyday. Plus I stick with originals more over anyone else.

On a side note: I agree Kurt is a credible mainstream champion but he's not the face of TNA with or without a title and AJ is.

Castiel

Reaction score
1.) OK hard choice but going with Bobby Roode because as has been said his title reign is the longest and he got the most heat and thrived in it. JJ is the Founder but to some argument you could say Robert Roode is in a way as he's been here since day one.

2.)AJ Styles is a better champion then Kurt any day in TNA. He has been there since day one is the first and only Grandslam champion if I remember correctly. Plus a lot of Kurt's title reigns were just blah to me. AJ over Kurt in TNA anyday. Plus I stick with originals more over anyone else.

On a side note: I agree Kurt is a credible mainstream champion but he's not the face of TNA with or without a title and AJ is.

Only grandslam champion? Angle held every title at once. Lol

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Only grandslam champion? Angle held every title at once. Lol

Your both wrong. Kurt isn't a grandslam champion because he hasn't held the television title. Abyss and Samoa Joe are the other grandslam champions.

Castiel

Reaction score
Before the TV title was established I'm sure Angle would've been considered a grandslam champion.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wow, I can't believe Jarrett's probably going to lose here. Why does nobody take into account that without him Roode would never have had an opportunity to be champ in the first place?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe Jarrett's probably going to lose here. Why does nobody take into account that without him Roode would never have had an opportunity to be champ in the first place?

I know right

Before the TV title was established I'm sure Angle would've been considered a grandslam champion.

Who cares before it was established. The definition of grandslam champion is a superstar who has held the world title, x division title, tag team title, and tv title. Seeing as Kurt has not held the TV title he's not a grandslam champion.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I know right

I just hope its not the usual anti-Jarrett sentiment, because I find it hard to argue Roode is a "greater" champion than he was, which is apparently what we're voting for here.