Greatest Professional Wrestler of All Time Master Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Candido316

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Austin is bad...really doesn't know their shit. That's honest truth.

Gagne and Thesz are remarkably different talents from remarkably different eras. You could only compare them to people of their eras. You go past the 50s and they get smoked by the Gorgeous George's and Buddy Rogers of their days. Both Rogers and George outdrew both of them, know why? Because of character. Know why Bock is so highly regarded? Because of his character was on par with his wrestling ability. Harley Race? Charismatic as hell. The Briscoes and Funks? Charisma. Gagne? Not as good as people want to think he is, nor as important, only so successful because he was the boss.

As far as Austin goes...the biggest draw in the history of the industry is far from a joke. People who think a Thesz could draw money in today's world are full of it, or don't know their shit, or are 50+ years of age and have actually been in the business.

Why do idiots like you talk about Thesz drawing today but refuse to be smart enough to admit two very important things. 1. Austin would have been killed, litereally, in Thesz' time if he acted like he did in thesz's time, and 2. Thesz was so good he didnt have to do what Austin did to draw, he drew crowds as big as Austin did, for 5 times as long a time, and did it on in ring talent. Again, fans today are just not educated enough to understand anyone who tries to compare money earned to day with money earned 50 years ago is about the stupidest thing you can do. I mean, a pro wrestler in the turn of the century was rich if he made 100K a year, which a few did do, yet today, a man with a good education makes that much money and is only middle middle class. You CANT compare them, PERIOD. So to discount the ALL TIME list of wrestlers yet ignoring anything more than 35 years ago is also stupid. And in your words, only a mark under the age of 40 who has no REAL udnerstanding of this sport would do that.... like you just did!

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Candido, I see you like debating and I appreciate that, but try to avoid direct insults, it's not necessary.
If you think somebody is an idiot, great, then you'll have no problem dismantling his arguments without insulting him.
We have relaxed rules, and we want to avoid giving infractions unless absolutely necessary. Thank you.

Candido316

Reaction score
Candido, I see you like debating and I appreciate that, but try to avoid direct insults, it's not necessary.
If you think somebody is an idiot, great, then you'll have no problem dismantling his arguments without insulting him.
We have relaxed rules, and we want to avoid giving infractions unless absolutely necessary. Thank you.

So tell me, is this like the other site, where a admin/mod can insult others and it goes unnoticed, yet when a regular poster does it he gets called out on? It seems that way. I didnt insult first, I simply returned what was given to me. Based on what this sites own Mod did I find it "odd", "bad" maybe that I am the one being called out for doing it 2nd and doing it after a mod of this site, who should know the rules most, does it first.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
So tell me, is this like the other site, where a admin/mod can insult others and it goes unnoticed,
Nope, mods aren't above the rules. If you think you are being mistreated, report the post to an admin, specifially me.
yet when a regular poster does it he gets called out on? It seems that way. I didnt insult first, I simply returned what was given to me. Based on what this sites own Mod did I find it "odd", "bad" maybe that I am the one being called out for doing it 2nd and doing it after a mod of this site, who should know the rules most, does it first.

Regardless that ''doesn't know shit'' isn't as offensive as ''you are an idiot'' imo, since you feel offended, my previous suggestion is extended to Enzo's too. Keep the debate civil please. Both.

If instead you want to insult each other, great, no problem, I'll just move the thread to HIAT, and anything goes there. Just let me know.

Candido316

Reaction score
That is a matter of opinion, because where I come from, someone who doesnt know anything, well, is an idiot, right? You throw in a curse word to someone who doesnt curse, it is a bigger insult to me, specifically.

However, I do appriciate this site just having someone say to take it easy, rather than roll out a ban hammer because one can.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
That is a matter of opinion, because where I come from, someone who doesnt know anything, well, is an idiot, right?
Nope, he's an ignorant on the subject.
Considering that everybody in the end is ignorant about something, I would judge it less offensive than being called idiot, which goes for mentally Blue.

You throw in a curse word to someone who doesnt curse, it is a bigger insult to me, specifically.

However, I do appriciate this site just having someone say to take it easy, rather than roll out a ban hammer because one can.

Yea, pretty much everywhere else you would have been banned. We try to avoid that as much as possible. And even if the debate becomes ''hot'', hiat is there for everybody who feels like being a total dick.

Reaction score
Ahh man. I'm not going to even retort. I will say you don't know what you're talking about and you completely failed to comprehend anything I wrote. And what does Austin being in Thesz's area have anything to do with what I wrote? Absolutely nothing. And Thesz wasn't even the biggest draw of his day, he's not on par with the likes of Gorgeous George or Buddy Rogers. And you obviously don't know what the average wrestling crowd was back then, or what podunk towns Thesz wrestled in, or the fact that Thesz never sold out the Garden and his highest drawing match, well he wasn't even the reason the match drew, it was because his opponent, Baron Michelle Leone, was a HUGE draw out in California because he had a gimmick. Thesz was a great wrestler, champ and a decent draw, but in his day the belt was kept on him because of crooked promoters, not because of drawing powers. By the end of his first run, the business was starting to pass him by. By the days of Austin, a guy like Thesz would never have gotten over, hence the failures of most Brittish imports, and Japs except Muta who came stateside. Austin is on a level on on his own.

Edward 3:16

Reaction score
Heres my Top 5

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. Kurt Angle
3. Chris Beniot
4. Eddie Guerrero
5. Mick Foley

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I swear Round 2 has been less controversial than Round 1; yet there are far tougher choices to be made this round...