Greatest Professional Wrestler of All Time Master Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Veritas

Reaction score
OK, so a month or so ago we finished the IWF Top 50 Wrestling Superstars of All Time list. And as I said in the thread for that, I'm going to take the Top 16 from that list and set-up a single elimination tournament to see how the names would match-up in a one-on-one battle. When deciding each match-up things to take into consideration include wrestling ability, promo ability, charisma, accomplishments, and draw. Please include a detailed description of your opinion in each individual match-up thread to stimulate as much discussion as possible. This thread will be used for tracking purposes. Please limit the amount of tournament discussion in this thread, save it for the match-ups.

Here's how things will work -

The tournament will follow a typical seeding format where the highest seeded wrestler will take on the lowest seeded in each round.

Each round will be open for 1 week. At the end of the week, results will be tallied and the next round will be opened. If any poll is tied at the end of the time limit, a tie breaker who hasn't voted will be found and his/her vote will be publically cast in the thread. The first vote I see will be counted and that person will advance.

Now, on with the show.

Top 16
1. Ric Flair
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Steve Austin
4. Hulk Hogan
5. Bret Hart
6. Randy Savage
7. The Undertaker
8. Ricky Steamboat
9. The Rock
10. Andre the Giant
11. Kurt Angle
11. Curt Hennig
13. Eddie Guerrero
14. Bruno Sammartino
15. Terry Funk
16. Ted DiBiase​

Round 1 Matches

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair (1) -vs- "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase (16)
http://forum.impactwrestling.com/showthread.php?44929-GPWT-Round-1-Ric-Flair-(1)-vs-Ted-DiBiase-(16)​

"Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels (2) -vs- Terry Funk (15)
http://forum.impactwrestling.com/sh...-Round-1-Shawn-Michaels-(2)-vs-Terry-Funk-(15)​

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin (3) -vs- Bruno Sammartino (14)
http://forum.impactwrestling.com/sh...nd-1-Steve-Austin-(3)-vs-Bruno-Sammartino-(14)​

"The Immortal" Hulk Hogan (4) -vs- "Latino Heat" Eddie Guerrero (13)
http://forum.impactwrestling.com/sh...-Round-1-Hulk-Hogan-(4)-vs-Eddie-Guerrero-(13)​

Round 2 Matches

Elite 8
1. Ric Flair
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Steve Austin
4. Hulk Hogan
5. Bret Hart
6. Randy Savage
7. The Undertaker
9. The Rock​

"Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels (2) -vs- The Undertaker (7)
http://forum.impactwrestling.com/sh...und-2-Shawn-Michaels-(2)-vs-The-Undertaker-(7)​

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin (3) -vs- "Macho Man" Randy Savage (6)
http://forum.impactwrestling.com/sh...T-Round-2-Steve-Austin-(3)-vs-Randy-Savage-(6)​

Veritas

Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this back to the top so others see if first. All the threads have been created for Round 1, remember to include your opinion AND cast your votes. I realize some of these first round matches are pretty weak but you have to get through this to get to the good stuff.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Yea, I did notice the threads back when Veritas posted them, but I didn't have the time to post in that very moment and then completely forgot about them.

It's either, we find a way to prolong the first round, or we start a proper advertising from the second.

Reaction score
I think people are aware, they just either A. can't be troubled due to laziness or lack of knowledge or B. just plain don't care. I think it's a combination of the two.

Veritas

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in the second round, had some issues the last few days. I'll have the second round up shortly. Can someone, maybe, make a banner and post it at the top of the forum? That'd be a way to advertise.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
For banners and stuff like that, you should probably ask Mike Chaos.
I can make another type of advertisement, but in all honesty, I always thought nodody reads them.

Candido316

Reaction score
Worst top 16 I have ever read in my life. Where are the Thesz, Bockwinkles, Gagnes, etc who all BOW AWAY half of those on the list. Rock, Hogan, Austin... a joke to be honest.

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Austin is bad...really doesn't know their shit. That's honest truth.

Worst top 16 I have ever read in my life. Where are the Thesz, Bockwinkles, Gagnes, etc who all BOW AWAY half of those on the list. Rock, Hogan, Austin... a joke to be honest.

Gagne and Thesz are remarkably different talents from remarkably different eras. You could only compare them to people of their eras. You go past the 50s and they get smoked by the Gorgeous George's and Buddy Rogers of their days. Both Rogers and George outdrew both of them, know why? Because of character. Know why Bock is so highly regarded? Because of his character was on par with his wrestling ability. Harley Race? Charismatic as hell. The Briscoes and Funks? Charisma. Gagne? Not as good as people want to think he is, nor as important, only so successful because he was the boss.

As far as Austin goes...the biggest draw in the history of the industry is far from a joke. People who think a Thesz could draw money in today's world are full of it, or don't know their shit, or are 50+ years of age and have actually been in the business.