Goldberg Talks Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
@Dale is with me on something? This is freaky Friday, not Black Friday!

But yeah there is something there to be made off sting at the right figure. You have a hard time getting me to think they can't make people hyped about him with their library and video editing. I mean guys like ADR and Dolph were world champions and headlining SDs around here. He'd be good for some ratings boost even short term, some merch sales, some toys, a book, a DLC video game character, some interviews, a documentary, sd taping in the south, and HOF/WM appearance and what not especially at 30 in WCW country.

Im not saying he is worth huge money but you can bet they can squeeze back a return if they shell out 500k-1M for a short run from the rumble to mania. I mean its not like Jericho is pushing that needle when given that cash

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I want my son to see me wrestle.... for the right price.... pretty much sums up the man right there.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
@Dale is with me on something? This is freaky Friday, not Black Friday!

But yeah there is something there to be made off sting at the right figure. You have a hard time getting me to think they can't make people hyped about him with their library and video editing. I mean guys like ADR and Dolph were world champions and headlining SDs around here. He'd be good for some ratings boost even short term, some merch sales, some toys, a book, a DLC video game character, some interviews, a documentary, sd taping in the south, and HOF/WM appearance and what not especially at 30 in WCW country.

Im not saying he is worth huge money but you can bet they can squeeze back a return if they shell out 500k-1M for a short run from the rumble to mania. I mean its not like Jericho is pushing that needle when given that cash

Just look what happened in 2011 with the Taker hype vids.

Every second of Youtube footage was overly scrutinised to the point people were deluding themselves into hearing Stings name being whispered and hallucinating about his face paint and baseball bat in the background.

As already said, even if he isn't a draw, neither is Jericho and WWE give him a bunch of cash for nothing each year.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just look what happened in 2011 with the Taker hype vids.

Every second of Youtube footage was overly scrutinised to the point people were deluding themselves into hearing Stings name being whispered and hallucinating about his face paint and baseball bat in the background.

As already said, even if he isn't a draw, neither is Jericho and WWE give him a bunch of cash for nothing each year.

why are we equating the IWC buzz to mainstream buzz? A few people obsessing on a computer isn't the same as the people who just watch Raw.

And atleast Jericho, you know you are getting a full-time commitment on houseshows and television, something I doubt Sting will do.

Not worth 500k today, not worth it 5 years ago. He should be lucky to get a legends deal and DVD and video game royalties.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He's got a distinctive, easily identifiable look, can't imagine it would be so hard to get fans interested in that, especially with how good WWE's marketing/social media team are.

Plus, it's fucking Mania. Eyes are already on the screen, just about getting them to tell their friends about it at that point.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
TNA creeps around a million viewers, most being hardcore wrestling fans who will watch anything pro-wrestling related.....they are not telling their friends to tune imto Impact.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Only reason for Goldberg to even consider coming back is to face Taker sorry but anyone else it wouldn't be worth his time.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
TNA creeps around a million viewers, most being hardcore wrestling fans who will watch anything pro-wrestling related.....they are not telling their friends to tune imto Impact.
USA and WWE aren't spike and tna. USA is the number one cable channel, they will promote the hell out of sting,mthe debut of the only guy in history to never step foot in a wwe ring or place. If you wanted to get real big as wwe, use hallowed ground to do it with msg or the staple center for his debut.

I mean they got Bruno to sell out an arena in 2013, to headline a HOF show, and to make some money off of. I doubt sting can't be squeezed for a profit if Vince wanted to do it

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

I not only tell my Friends to watch Impact but strangers too.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

loltna

They don't treat Sting (or any wrestler) as a big deal like WWE would. I mean ffs they have him wrestle in a fucking t-shirt and joggers with no face paint. Random guy tuning in wouldn't know the difference between him and some jobroni like Brooklyn Brawler.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
USA and WWE aren't spike and tna. USA is the number one cable channel, they will promote the hell out of sting,mthe debut of the only guy in history to never step foot in a wwe ring or place. If you wanted to get real big as wwe, use hallowed ground to do it with msg or the staple center for his debut.

I mean they got Bruno to sell out an arena in 2013, to headline a HOF show, and to make some money off of. I doubt sting can't be squeezed for a profit if Vince wanted to do it

WWE was killing it in ratings when they were on Spike, can't use that comparision, because WWE and UFC already proved you can garner big ratings on Spike....Sting being the draw that he is, isn't moving jack shit. Derp.

Also Bruno still has name value in the New York area, Sting would have to go to Atlanta or Orlando, you think lifelong WWE fans would give two shits about Sting? We've been taught for a decade that WCW was the minor leagues and the enemy.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sting could return in staples and it be big since they have added a LA date to the Road to mania for tapings. TNN was big, they were the home of ecw, then Star Trek, and basically all wwe minus SD at one point. Spike TV lost a lot of ground when Raw and all left, as even UFC never got those numbers again. I'm just saying there's something to be made from sting and I think wwe and universal would make it, unlike Viacom and TNA

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
TNN was big, they were the home of ecw, then Star Trek, and basically all wwe minus SD at one point. Spike TV lost a lot of ground when Raw and all left, as even UFC never got those numbers again. I'm just saying there's something to be made from sting and I think wwe and universal would make it, unlike Viacom and TNA

I think you are getting your dates mixed up, WWE was the main catalyst for the rebranding of TNN, and UFC and TUF didn't reach it's apex of popularity until 07 and WWE left in 05.

Just saying Sting shouldn't be considered a priority, and would be difficult to promote a guy that a large number of the current audience wasn't even alive when he was in his prime.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
And this is why I don't think but know sting can make them money

WCW nostalgia continues to drive WWE DVD sales, according to the latest monthly business figures released by the company this week.

Of the DVDs WWE has released in the past nine months, WrestleMania 29 continues to lead the way with 172,000 units shipped. Behind WrestleMania 29 is the “Best Of WCW Monday Nitro Volume 2″ DVD, with 121,000 units. Coming in at number three is the “WCW War Games” DVD with 79,000 units, and the Goldberg DVD that was just recently released finishes fourth with 74,000 units.

24wrestling

I don't think its overly difficult. They have a library, they have most his great opponents on legends deals to interview, and he's obviously been featured in those DVDs. It won't be as big as if he came in the invasion or when Steiner came, but in the right place and at the right price it would be something that can be used to profit and benefit everyone involved IMOIMO

Last edited: