God of War: Ascension

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;oO8btmDxB14]http://youtu.be/oO8btmDxB14[/video]

Sony has now come out and officially announced God of War: Ascension, following various leaks.

Sony says the game will be the most ambitious God of War adventure in the series yet, and would take us back to where it all began.

Although the trailer shows no gameplay, it features the familiar narration of the Titan Gaia as she sets up what certainly sounds like a prequel to the five God of War games that are already out. In the teaser, Gaia states that there was a time before Kratos became the Ghost of Sparta and before rage consumed him.

"A time when in spite of the madness that plagued him, Kratos would break his blood oath to an unjust God," Gaia says. "A time when he will no longer be bound in blood."

The God of War story millions have already played picks up after Kratos has pledged allegiance to Ares, had the Blades of Chaos burned into his flesh, and killed his wife and daughter after an Ares trick. Gaia's words make it sound as if God of War: Ascension chronicles Kratos' time before all that -- when he was leading the Spartan army and perhaps "ascending" to his legendary status. Here's a
PlayStation Conversation
all about it

Amazon describes the game as: "Join Kratos as he seeks freedom, redemption, and the clarity to avenge his family in the most ambitious God of War adventure in the series so far."

:mark:

Played all 3 of the original games and easily some of my favorites. Happy to see it continuing and taking it back to the origins of Kratos.

Ben

Reaction score
Gameplay footage from E3:

[video=youtube;MplbQTA4do0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MplbQTA4do0[/video]

Still excited for the game, as if it follows the past games will be a lot of fun. Only thing that worries me from the trailer is that it doesn't look like they've chaged much and it's going to be more of the same. Granted there will most likely be some new locations that will look awesome, but the combat doesn't look to be evolved all all. New Weapons, move set, ect would be nice.

Ryan

Reaction score
Played the first game, played part of the second and part of the third. I love the games, I just tried to play them too close together and the excitement wore off. The series is awesome though but I find it hard to believe that they'll be able to top GOW 3 in terms of presentation and overall gameplay. No doubt it'll be as good, but I'm not so sure how much better it could get given that it's on the same console.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Game looks sexy as fuck! Seriously, a bunch of friends and I watched E3 while this was all happening. We were quite literally having an orgasmic orgy of epicness. It looks amazing.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Never played the PSP titles, but I friggin love the PS2 and PS3 games. One of my favorite series. Will definitely be getting this without question.