"Glory, Hallelujah" | Barry Presents - The American Civil War - Mafia GAME THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captain Holt

AKA Sayer
Reaction score
is this the only thing that piqued ur interest between ur catchup gaps?
Timr is ticking fellas. We're gonna have to pit our egos aside and take a shot on someone (lynch not necessarily vigkill) soon.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
That I’m not sure of yet.

Oh please do. I’m actually stunned that he and ekko haven’t arrived here yet. Pein always says to lynch inactives lol

This is a lot of text to not actually do, well, anything. Paper pushing. You’ve been on him, put this in, but want to fence sit to not cop heat if you’re wrong?

I’ve got a bad feeling about you
im here now hi

i actually disagree with the last paragraph. mandos long post was good imo. much better than the ones he had b4 it

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
@Poyser, these were some of the posts that I thought seemed a little aggressive for the earliest stage of the game.

Trying to ID new people early seems like a scummy thing to do. Assuming they could keep rookies around longer since they won't know what they're doing. Not a bad strategy I guess, but tipping that hand seems scummy to me.

I thought these were real votes, which seems so reckless to me. Later, there was some conversation about them not being genuine votes, just discussing how voting here compared to WC.

I don't think that's what was said. Kinda seems like Man is posturing a bit.
the last quote came after ur initial post i belive

where u at rn in terms of reads. can u name the players u r looking at and put them in a town and scum pool? provide reasoning for each even if just a gut feeling

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
I don’t have a daykill, but I do have reasons to doubt the validity of you and Ace both having kills in the town square.

It is a Barry game, but still.
did ace claim a kill? in the scenario u obviously just look at jeff first here. ace had no reason to claim a kill in this position as mafia. jeff was already under heat

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Your entrance was kind of fluffy so being a new player on this site, it might be hard for you to find a proper entrance into the game.

You really tried to make it seem like you were cool with a vote on you when one vote early on in the day shouldn't matter at all. You saying how fine you are tells me maybe you aren't fine.

You calling Poyser Town after he said you were suss made me feel like you were buddying.
i have questions on the last paragraphs and i see this as somwhat lack of analysis on ur part

1. would poyser intentially bus a new player on this site and put them in an unfavorable position this early forcing them to play from behind?

2. do you expect him to call poyser scum there? whats wrong with calling poyser town. u called poyser town too. why can u do it but he cant?

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
jeff has failed to address mando's long reply to him. that says alot

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
I think you're not understanding me. I'm saying you could have said that comment as scum and then if Jeff was mislynched been like 'tehe I thought this might have been a mislynch so silly me' and try to take some heat off if you try to vote Jeff out.
so why does that matter now? jeff has not flipped town yet. arent u interested in pursuing jeff as well?

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
I understand, and yes, I can see where you’re coming from. It does seem contradictory. Perhaps it’s me not setting out all of my thoughts in one go, but there’s definitely reasons why mafia would kill him tonight and reasons they’d leave him alone. I’ve been of that view throughout, although not articulated it very well, evidently. I don’t blame you for coming at me based on all of that.

I don’t think he’s BSing his claim, in fact I’ve said several times that I think he’s telling the truth about it. But we can’t categorically rule anything out until we know something for sure. There’s a chance - albeit a slim one - that he’s made it all up. That’s just applying some skepticism because I’d hope you’d agree that you can’t take anything as read in this game.

I don’t even think he’s the right way to go today in all honesty, hence why I’ve not placed a vote on him. After all of this, I could just as easily make an argument to myself of him being bad town instead of mafia. I’ve just spent so much time on him that I’ve not had a chance to consider much else.

And see my post on the meta stuff. I’d forgotten I made that post about Sayer but glad to see you agree with me that it was just the once and not a line that I tried to run several times.
i think u r probably spending too much time on it and its good that u realize this aswell. give us ur thoughts on the others as well

u do come off better looking than jeff on this so id always vote him first if i have to break a tie

jeff votes u via sheeping poysers vote and is completely failing at reasoning and interacting with u directly

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
People do say variations of that stuff a lot when they're scum in irl town of salem, including myself. Pointing out that both posts are in the same vein is a good comment, even though I'm far from having a read either way with Red Dragon as their posts have a certain chaotic energy.

Lethal seems fine, so does Ace Marvel whose post/reasoning style I actually liked a lot.
can u talk to me about the lethal read

actually give me ur read on a more discussed player. like jeff or tweet pls. or do all players why not

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
I play my own game. I don't follow the pack if I don't feel it's right. I have plans in my head that unfold as we go along.

My train was one, and i've already been over that.

I do feel the majority of the scum team are just floating along here and aren't getting too involved.

Sent from my SM-A137F using Tapatalk
this doesnt tell me much about the people voting for u. i thought u were scum reading them sans poyser

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Sorry gents won't be able to get back on tonight. Whiny 2 year old with fever but I will be on tomorrow to catch up what I missed.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk