Ghosts and the Unexplained

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

Reaction score
^^^ That is common. Your mind is awake and your body is not. Its called sleep paralysis. Tell your self to get up when you fell you cannot move. your body will get used to it and you will be fine.

adhyanta

Reaction score
Pontianak, Lampung, Bandung, Jakarta - Indonesia
I relate to anyone who thinks people who openly say they believe in ghosts are dumb. Because I used to think so too. But in our defense, there are so many who believe in ghosts, do so because they're dumb.

The idea that ghosts really do exist, made more sense to dumb people. Their idea of how the world should be viewed, and how the world works are so simple.. that the complexities of a scientific explanation, bother them more than the comparativedly simple appeal of the boogeyman.

By that same arguments though, many people who openly say that ghosts don't exist because they don't believe in ghost, do so because they're just as dumb.

Whether they're real or not, have nothing to do with what we choose to believe. Take me for example..

I did not believe in ghost. I believed ghost didn't exist.
Then one evening when it's getting dark & I was on the way home riding my bicycle, it rained very hard. I was soaked, my clothes so plastered wet, they were pressed to my body.
Then I was on my street, I could see my house, and between my house and me, the road was empty except for a woman with a long black hair, at some distances in front of me, her back was facing me.. walking alone on the street in the cold, drenching rain.
I remembered thinking that her long black hair made her look like a Kuntilanak, which is a female demon that's a local legend. I remembered that I thought it was funny, and not scary in any way because the woman was wearing T-Shirt and wore a denim trouser.
As I was only a few meters left from home, and was gonna pass her, I decided to approach her and asked if she'd like to have shelter in my place just until it stopped raining. We were then only a couple of meters away.
That's when I felt like there's something odd with the way she walked.
I then realised that it was because she walked casually with her hands swinging at her sides, when they should be hugging her torso because the rain was very cold.
Then I saw her hair. Then her clothes. Maybe less than 3 seconds, but that was enough for me to be absolutely sure, that she was completely dry. I muttered 'In the name of God', passed her like normal, and went home.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
You certainly are a strange new member that's for sure. So people believe in ghosts because they are dumb, yet other people do not believe in ghosts because they are just as dumb?

So who in your mind, is a qualified person to believe or disbelieve in the paranormal? What proof do they have to have? What credibility, to prevent you tagging them with the "dumb" label?

I personally believe in the paranormal, despite never actually coming into contact with the spiritual itself, I believe in that which we cannot see. Simply because I refuse to accept the fact that just because it may be impossible, does not mean it's not probable.

adhyanta

Reaction score
You certainly are a strange new member that's for sure. So people believe in ghosts because they are dumb, yet other people do not believe in ghosts because they are just as dumb?

So who in your mind, is a qualified person to believe or disbelieve in the paranormal? What proof do they have to have? What credibility, to prevent you tagging them with the "dumb" label?

I personally believe in the paranormal, despite never actually coming into contact with the spiritual itself, I believe in that which we cannot see. Simply because I refuse to accept the fact that just because it may be impossible, does not mean it's not probable.

No, no, no.. my bad, I'm sorry that I mislead you. I didn't say that people who believe/ don't believe in ghost are dumb. I was just commenting, based on by what I see in people around me... that people who're surest that they're real are folks that are dumber than most, so's the people I know that are surest they aren't - and the reason they're that way, though there are others, are in major part (in my opinion, I admit) because they're dumb.

I didn't ever mean to say that if whether anybody believe it or not - it means for certain that he/she is dumb. Belief in superstition, whether you turned out to be wrong or right.. don't determined someone's IQ. But I believe, that dumb people are easier and more sure to either accept/reject the idea that ghost exists, because they're dumb.

I'm very sory for misleading anyone into thinking that I'm calling them dumb. Thank you very much, Knoxbeard. I'll try to post wiser, next time.

adhyanta

Reaction score

Oh.. I haven't answer the questions too..

I believe in the paranormal. I believe I've seen things that proved to me, I was wrong, because I use to not believe in them.
What proof do I have? I have nothing to show anyone, as proof that I'm not lying. What I have is the memory of what I've seen, and though it matters only to me, to me it matters enough. Enough at least, that I can bear to ridicule myself from time to time by telling them what I believe... like it was anybody's business.

Kizza

Reaction score
Fuck ghosts, fuck all this unexplained bullshit, the paranormal, aliens and everything. I don't believe a single word of it.

LKP

Reaction score
Do you believe in god? If you do that is double standards.

LKP

Reaction score
Good that's ok then. I do not believe in god yet i believe in ghosts.

Kizza

Reaction score
God in my opinion isn't a ghost regardless, He is a belief. He is a spiritual being that is inside everyone, something that people are able to turn to when they have problems, when they want someone to talk to. Whether that works for you or not is irrelevant. The concept of God is not that He is a ghost, it is that he is something inside us all.

From a neutral point of view that all is. I personally don't believe in a God, or the concept of religion in general, but I can understand why people do believe. Religion is something that is unique to each person.

LKP

Reaction score
^^^^ I agree with your concept...

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Oh.. I haven't answer the questions too..

I believe in the paranormal. I believe I've seen things that proved to me, I was wrong, because I use to not believe in them.
What proof do I have? I have nothing to show anyone, as proof that I'm not lying. What I have is the memory of what I've seen, and though it matters only to me, to me it matters enough. Enough at least, that I can bear to ridicule myself from time to time by telling them what I believe... like it was anybody's business.

Nobody is really going to have legitimate proof that ghosts exist. In that aspect it's alot like religion. We cannot prove that we've seen God or that we are guided by a spiritual force, but we know it's there personally. Same thing with ghosts, so although you have seen paranormal activity, you can see the difficulty just in this thread alone with the ability to convince others of your story.

Do you believe in god? If you do that is double standards.

Good that's ok then. I do not believe in god yet i believe in ghosts.

Wait, what? So if Kizza answered yes to believing in God but not believing in ghosts, then he would have a double standard. But you do not believe in God but you believe in ghosts, how is that not a directly opposite double standard?

God in my opinion isn't a ghost regardless, He is a belief. He is a spiritual being that is inside everyone, something that people are able to turn to when they have problems, when they want someone to talk to. Whether that works for you or not is irrelevant. The concept of God is not that He is a ghost, it is that he is something inside us all.

From a neutral point of view that all is. I personally don't believe in a God, or the concept of religion in general, but I can understand why people do believe. Religion is something that is unique to each person.

Fair analysis. Kizza continues to be IWF's #1 Aussie.

How about Aliens?
How does IWF feel about those?

Aliens are a little bit trickier. Because for all intents and purposes, there IS physical evidence of space crafts and alien bodies. It's just very well protected. And for the sake of the normal persons sanity, they simply dismiss all findings of extraterrestrial life as "crazy" and "impossible". This brings me back to my argument regarding ghosts. Just because it is declared an impossibility does not mean that it is an improbability.

I really liked the movie that came out last fall, The Fourth Kind. It really showed how you could have evidence of interplanetary life right in front of your face, and yet the fantastical nature of it all would force normally reasonable human beings to become enraged. Doing everything they can to deny the existence of things they do not comprehend. I think this applies especially to aliens, as the idea of having other life out there far superior to our own is a hard pill to swallow.

Kizza

Reaction score
It comes with being raised as a Catholic, going to a Catholic school. You eventually get a grasp.

adhyanta

Reaction score
It comes with being raised as a Catholic, going to a Catholic school. You eventually get a grasp.

Not related directly to your topic, but now that you mention religion.. They do often play the biggest part in shaping or, more suitable for your sentiments regarding religions perhaps, brainwashing their followers' view on the subject of the supernatural, cause many testimonies of its existence and encounters are found in various religious scriptures