General Tennis Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Re: US Open Tennis 2012

I might try doing a proxy server as there's a live feed on the us open site if you're in American.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

Andy Murray I love you! Grand Slam Final number 5 for Murray and his second consecutive one. Amazing.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

Well, Women's final is later on, but first we have the resumption of the second mens semi. No matter who wins this, I think the advantage is with Murray tomorrow.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

Serena Williams wins her first US Open since 2008, and caps off a great summer with another GS after Wimbledon, on top of her Olympic win. She really is unstoppable right now, and unless other competitors stop trying to be pretty and bulk up a bit more, I can see Serena getting at least 4 more Grand Slams.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Serena Williams is so hard to beat, as you said it is her bulk that sets her apart from the rest. The best gameplan to beat her is to try to get her to run as much as possible rather than getting into a power battle.

Happy to see Murray make it into another final. Ferrer was doing well against Djokovic but that delay didn't help him at all. He was 5-2 up before the break but then when they resumed the next day he lost it in four sets. Tough final for Murray but I hope he can do it.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

I really will be on edge all day, with Murray final coming up. I'm a huge Murray fan and have supported him from the beginning when others have not. I think he can do it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

I think that he can do it as well, surely now is his time. He has plenty of experience now in grand slam finals and he knows what he has to do to get it done.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

Agreed, I hope he smashes Nole off court. What I think Murray needs to do is keep on baseline for early part of rallies before closing in, as Nole is prone to errors later on in rallies.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

MURRAY HAS DONE IT. I AM ECSTATIC, SIMPLY PHENOMENAL.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

ANDY MURRAY! Finally he has broken the drought. Very happy for him as the pressure he has been under the last few years has been intense. Dramatic final but he was too good in the end.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Still think he's a bit of a twat! lol But I am impressed and happy for him sort of.

Who won the Women's final.

Dod Draper

Reaction score

Really thought Murray had lost this when Novak was coming back. Seemed like he had caved. Great resolve to pull his act back together and win.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

Still think he's a bit of a twat! lol But I am impressed and happy for him sort of.

Who won the Women's final.

He's not a twat trust me, people think that just because he doesn't smile constantly in public like it's some sort of law. Serena won the Woman's unsuprisingly. Agreed dod.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Really thought Murray had lost this when Novak was coming back. Seemed like he had caved. Great resolve to pull his act back together and win.

Very true, especially considering his history in Grand Slam finals I was worried that he would let Novak run over him as well. It was a great final set from him and I really think that this will open the floodgates for him, it isn't a top three anymore but a top four now that Murray has broken through.