General Gaming Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Picked up a new headset today as my Turtlebeach x11's that I've had for maybe about 3 years started playing up on me recently. The sound whilst I was watching something on my Xbox kept fucking up, like the volume would go up and down. I think there was something wrong with the cords and it'd play up even when I'd move an inch. Surprised they lasted this long but it's good they did and so as I said, I decided to buy a new pair today. I was gonna get Turtlebeach x12's which are basically just the x11's again for $90 odd but I ended up getting some Tritton's from EBGames which cost me $149.95. Supposedly they only got them in recently. I believe they're called 'Tritton Detonator'. A bit pricey but eh, worth a change and let's see how they go. I haven't used them on my Xbox yet but I'm using them on my PC atm and they're alright. Sound feels different, I don't know how to explain it. Like more of a deep sort of bass feel whilst listening to music and such. I've been playing with the sound but I guess it won't help and I'll just have to get used to them until they come good for me. Especially after using turtlebeaches for that long, of course it's gonna take a bit of time as they're all different. Your surroundings (outside noise around you, whatever you wanna call it) is much more cancelled out. They really go over your ears and feel a bit more tighter. Not as loose as the x11's I had. I wouldn't say they were loose but not as good as these are.. So that's good and will make for good gameplay.

But yeah, they're alright. I like the design of them. Really nice. If you click the link above, you can check em out. And as I said, I can't judge how they sound during xbox gameplay yet.

I'm undecided yet. Whether to buy Dead Island: GOTY Edition (which just came out for $49.95) AND Just Cause 2 for $39 which will add up to about $89 then trade in Max Payne 3 towards it which will get me in the $20 range store credit and will bring the price down to the $60 range or so. OR get Sleeping Dogs which comes out tomorrow off eBay brand new for $65.

Any advice? What do you think?

Last edited:

AF.

Reaction score
Just Cause 2 is really good and you should be able to get it cheaper. I spent a lot of hours on the game, there's heaps to do.

I may buy Dead Island one day too.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Ended up grabbig Dead Island: GOTY Edition for $49.95 and Sleeping Dogs for $69 today at ebgames. Gonna play them tomorrow or later tonight. Should be good and alotta fun.

EBGames originally had Sleeping Dogs for $89.95 I believe it was but I price matched it to jbhifi. That's why it was only $69.

Last edited:

AF.

Reaction score
Yeah EB is overpriced but they do have the 7 day money back, a shit load of sales and price matching so it's a decent store.

Ben

Reaction score
Lots of stuff coming out starting at the end of the month, easily 15+ games between then and Christmas on my Radar.

End of the month for sure I'm picking up Madden 13 and the God of War collection. Can't go wrong with 5 GOW games for $40. Main reason I'm getting it is because both the PSP games are on there remastered in HD and I've never played either of them.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I mainly just want GTAV if it comes out this year, Assassins Creed III, Madden, NHL, and WWE. I can get by on those.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Replaying Resident Evil 2! FTW!!!

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I tend to type a lot of my posts while im playing games with lengthy cutscenes. So it may help to read my posts in your heads as Max Payne or Solid Snake.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
ACIII needs to hurry up and get here. Been screwing around with Revelations lately trying to get 100% synch on all missions. And buying landmarks. Basically trophy-hunting.

AF.

Reaction score
Probably most excited for NBA 2k13 and FIFA 13. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Sport games are always reliable but I'm usually looking forward to something else moreso than I am a yearly sport game.

I just remembered Halo 4's dropping this year. Ah yeah, I loved Reach but Halo doesn't hype me anymore. Black Ops 2 can fuck off and die.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The game I'm most excited for this year would be Halo 4. I can't wait. The videos look awesome and all the details I've seen/read about it and it sounds like it's gonna be great. Hopefully better than Reach which I didn't like too much. I Just couldn't get into it that much as it was too different to 3 and I didn't like the ranking system. Halo 3 is where it's at! I'll be picking up the game at midnight at my ebgames so I can get it as soon as I can. They do a lot of midnight releases for big games at my local store so yeah. I'll also pick up the halo 4 limited edition controller when I pick up the game. Then a week or so later, there's the black ops 2 midnight release.

You should look at videos of Halo 4 on YouTube AF.

But yeah. I've got the limited edition of Halo 4, WWE '13 - Austin 3:16 Collectors Edition and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on preorder so far. I dunno what else to preorder. GTA V and Watch Dogs look amazing but no point preordering without an actual release date yet. AC3 looks nice.

I've been playing Sleeping Dogs and Dead Island lately but I finished Sleeping Dogs and after doing most things in the game there is really nothing more you can do. Just some crappy side missions around the city that do nothing.. Wish the story was a bit longer too. Might trade it back in before the price drops. Still prob won't get much now anyway.
I didn't like Dead Island on first play with a friend but after starting it from the start on solo and getting the hang of it, I like it.

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Just bought Red Dead Redemption GOTY and Resident Evil 4 HD. Haven't played RE4 before and I've heard so many good things so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm gonna wait for a price drop on Lollipop Chainsaw and Sleeping Dogs, unless Hitman 5 or Tomb Raider are released before then.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
The FIFA demo is fucking amazing, like seriously the best football game ever.

So fluid and realistic.

Downloaded the Pro Evo demo too, and although it's decent it really has been left behind in recent years. Playing it straight after FIFA makes it seem clunky and slow, tbh.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'll be honest, i've only played 3 games on the demo but I really didn't feel much of difference from the previous year of Fifa.

AF.

Reaction score
Best FIFA yet.

Anybody playing AC 3? How is it? I'm not the biggest AC fan, but I loved Brotherhood for some reason. Might check AC 3 out.