Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
This looks really dope so far

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Easily the best Trailer of them all for sure. So many people are watching like Vultures wanting to see this Show fail after some not liking the last Season of GOT but I see some great stuff going on in these Trailers. Everyone is fighting for that Iron Throne you need to sleep with one eye open at all times in this Timeline people will snuff you out in your sleep.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Don't think I'll be watching this every week with friends and drinks like I did for GoT but this does look good.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Really enjoyed the first Episode of House of the Dragon. Daemon came off like the MVP for me Matt Smith killed it in this Episode and you'll all see what I'm talking about. Such a evil mofo who wants to be loved and have power and will do anything and use the backdrop of welp I did for you Your Grace King Viserys. Crazy what happened in the middle part of this Episode and the events that lead to what happens later in the Episode has me hype of the consequences of what's to come for everyone.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Game of Thrones still drawing crazy numbers.

Westeros came back to HBO last night with the series premiere of “House of the Dragon” — and brought the masses along with it.

“House of the Dragon” drew in 9.99 million viewers across HBO and HBO Max after premiering with one episode on Sunday, according to Warner Bros. Discovery. This viewership tally includes linear airings, as well as HBO Max streams during premiere night.

HBO says “House of the Dragon” drew the largest audience in the pay TV channel’s history, including content that debuted before the streaming era, as well as HBO shows that have since premiered on defunct digital platforms HBO Now and HBO Go, as well as their successor HBO Max.

Game of Thrones” has remained HBO’s biggest hit of all time since concluding in 2019, and as its prequel series, “House of the Dragon” is arguably the project to get the most marketing and fanfare from the network since. As a result, series premiere “Heirs of the Dragons” outperformed the “Game of Thrones” series premiere, which brought in 4.2 million viewers in 2011. And while its perhaps unfair to compare “House of the Dragon” to the heights its predecessor eventually reached — “Game of Thrones” was watched by a record-breaking 17.9 million people with the premiere of its eighth and final season — there’s another, more recent HBO series that’s worth including in the conversation.

Sam Levinson’s “Euphoria” is not only HBO’s biggest show of 2022 thus far: It became the network’s second-most-watched series of all time after “Game of Thrones” in February thanks to the run of its second season. And while viewership increased from the beginning of the season to the end — a rare and impressive feat — its premiere episode was watched by 2.4 million people, 76% less than “House of the Dragon.”

“House of the Dragon” is based on George R.R. Martin’s 2018 novel “Fire & Blood.” The series is set 200 years before the events of “Game of Thrones” and tells the story of House Targaryen. Leading cast members include Paddy Considine, Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, Emma D’Arcy, Steve Toussaint, Eve Best, Fabien Frankel, Sonoya Mizuno and Rhys Ifans. Martin co-created the series with Ryan Condal, who serves as co-showrunner with director Miguel Sapochnik. Martin, Condal and Sapochnik all executive produce alongside Sara Hess, Jocelyn Diaz, Vince Gerardis and Ron Schmidt.

“It was wonderful to see millions of ‘Game of Thrones’ fans return with us to Westeros last night,” said Casey Bloys, chief content officer of HBO and HBO Max. “‘House of the Dragon’ features an incredibly talented cast and crew who poured their heart and soul into the production, and we’re ecstatic with viewers’ positive response. We look forward to sharing with audiences what else George, Ryan and Miguel have in store for them this season.”

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I love watching Videos like this seeing as though I never read the Books Vids like this fills in the gaps of stuff I was thinking about during Episodes for sure.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Idk of they're still going but back when the oroginal show was airing Alt Shift X would have the best videos connecting stuff to the books, and I had read them all to compare lol

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Idk of they're still going but back when the oroginal show was airing Alt Shift X would have the best videos connecting stuff to the books, and I had read them all to compare lol

That is awesome and I'll check up on that Channel always willing to learn more of the World.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
It is so nice to watch a Westeros show again, I missed that feeling. I don't have any complaints about this pilot except the dragons, in some shots they somehow didn't look as good as in GoT.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Another entertaining Episode of House of Dragons tonight I must say. 6 Months has passed since the first Episode and King Visery is being torn before Otto and Coryls on who's Daughter they should wed for his benefit. Jesus I forgot Coryls's Daughter is 12 and hearing that she can be 14 and that is when the King can get her pregnant made me sick to my Stomach because this is how it was done many Years ago. Lol Rhanerya thought her Father was going to go with Coryls's Offer but choose her best friend Alicent boy that was a hard pill to swallow and seeing the Preview for next Week those relationships is going to die even further now that the King has a Son with Alicent. Rhanerya is clearly torn as well she helped her Father immensely having Daemon give back the Dragon Egg and not having bloodshed, and she was all for her Dad rewedding for the benefit of their futures if something happens down the road and it blew up in her face. It should be interesting what happens with the King with the problems he will have with his Daughter, Coryls, and Daemon. Can't wait for next Week's Episode it's going to have plenty of action go around!

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I don't think the pilot had an intro because I just noticed that this show has the same theme song as GoT. It's a shame they didn't make a new one to give it its own identity, especially when it's the same composer.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I don't think the pilot had an intro because I just noticed that this show has the same theme song as GoT. It's a shame they didn't make a new one to give it its own identity, especially when it's the same composer.

I personally liked that they keep the same Theme to go with the new Map for the Show because it represents Westeros no matter the time period. Don't worry we'll be getting a new Theme when the Jon Snow Show happens.

Y2Jayne

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I don't want to say filler but this week's episode wasn't the most eventful. I can't wait for Olivia Cooke to arrive in the show.