Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
bsSbz5xl.jpg

HBO has released the first House of the Dragon photos from its upcoming Game of Thrones prequel ahead of its 2022 debut.

The photos show Emma D’Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen, Olivia Cooke as Alicent Hightower, Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower, and Steve Toussaint as Lord Corlys Velaryon.

Based on George R.R. Martin’s Fire & Blood, House of the Dragon chronicles the rise and the downfall of the Targaryens, who is the only family of dragonlords to survive the Doom of Valyria. It will take place 300 years before the events of the award-winning series adaptation of Game of Thrones which aired its final episode nearly two years ago.

The 10-episode series will star Paddy Considine as King Viserys I, Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen, Olivia Cooke as Alicent Hightower and Emma D’Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. It will also feature Rhys Ifans as Otto Hightower, Steve Toussaint as Lord Corlys Velaryon, Eve Best as Princess Rhaenys Velaryon, and Sonoya Mizuno as Mysaria.

RXtfkv6l.jpg

cYeXtTOl.jpg

uYdKAWzl.jpg

Who's excited for this?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've read all the history book-esque novels GRRM has written instead of the main series about this universe and I gotta say....the stories are really amazing, but since they're written from that history book perspective of not all the facts being known, and multiple theories being present, it should actually be fairly easy to translate on screen. Since there isn't a lot of book content to go off of, they can take a ton of liberties here and still be fine. Not even sure I'm even going to check this out until I hear something about it, but I think this is a great time period in the world to start with the spinoffs.

Woulda preferred Dunk and Egg though, but I'm pretty sure they were after this time if I remember correctly.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I've read all the history book-esque novels GRRM has written instead of the main series about this universe and I gotta say....the stories are really amazing, but since they're written from that history book perspective of not all the facts being known, and multiple theories being present, it should actually be fairly easy to translate on screen. Since there isn't a lot of book content to go off of, they can take a ton of liberties here and still be fine. Not even sure I'm even going to check this out until I hear something about it, but I think this is a great time period in the world to start with the spinoffs.

Woulda preferred Dunk and Egg though, but I'm pretty sure they were after this time if I remember correctly.

Truth be told for being such a big Game of Thrones fan I've never read any of the Books crazy I know. Same thing for Harry Potter. Going into this blind and possibly later with Dunk and Egg will make this a even better experience for me.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's essentially blind to me too bc when I say they're written like history books, I mean exactly like history books. Just about Westeros lmao I couldn't binge them like I could the regular books or the Dunk and Egg stories at all, but there were def some big moments that I thought would be AMAZING if ever translated on screen. Also some mysteries that I think they'd confirm one way or another (which will probably cause lots of fights lmao)

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Huge Game of Thrones fan here and I've never read any of the Books but I knew the history to a degree on what we might get with this Show. Still I'm going to rely more on others with this and go into this blind and I always enjoy those type of Shows but looking at the Trailer I'm like damn everyone was ready for battle right now!

"Dreams didn't make us kings, dragons did." :proud

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I'm seeing Matt Smith in a lot of roles lately. Paddy Considine is a great actor as well if you've ever seen Dead Man's Shoes.

I never really got in to Game of Thrones, I kinda enjoyed the first season but trying to be play catch-up and then seeing all the hate for the last season put me off ever finishing it.

I might actually check this out being able to watch from the start.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I'm seeing Matt Smith in a lot of roles lately. Paddy Considine is a great actor as well if you've ever seen Dead Man's Shoes.

I never really got in to Game of Thrones, I kinda enjoyed the first season but trying to be play catch-up and then seeing all the hate for the last season put me off ever finishing it.

I might actually check this out being able to watch from the start.

Matt Smith is playing Daemon Targaryen I'm looking forward to his performance which I have heard many positive things on over the Years with him. Paddy was on a Show on HBO name The Outsider and he was good on that Show so I expect a good showing as well. When it comes to Game of Thrones in a perfect World I would of given the last Season another one and not rush it like they did but when the powers at be say this is it it was bound to happen. I still enjoyed the franchise and it's run so I see this and I'm happy that my love for this World will increase. I would say give GOT another shot theirs so many great stuff especially in the first Four Seasons of the Show. Hell I should rewatch it again when I spent a whole Summer maybe to the second to last Season starting the Show I was burning my Brain up with so much info being thrown at me every Episode I never took a break. I would start a Season for it and by the end of the Year nearly be done the Season so I imagine I missed alot of stuff or forgot important info that came into play because of it. A second rewatch I could kick my feet up and enjoy it more than the first time I bet.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
It's been two years and I'm still pissed about GoT S8.

I hope they get better writers for this.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Urp7UBk.jpg

The Targaryens are returning to HBO.

House of the Dragon,” HBO’s first spin-off series of its record-breaking juggernaut “Game of Thrones,” will premiere on Aug. 21, the network announced Wednesday. HBO also revealed a new poster for the series and additional images from the show, which you can view below.

Set two centuries before the events of “Game of Thrones,” the ten-episode prequel series will depict how the House of Targaryen fell into a bitter and brutal civil war known as the Dance of the Dragons — presaging the beginning of the end of the ruling family of Westeros.

The series was created by author George R. R. Martin and Ryan J. Condal (“Colony”), based on Martin’s novel “Fire & Blood.” Condal and director Miguel Sapochnik are executive producers and co-showrunners on the series; Martin and Vince Gerardis are executive producing as well.

Much like the original series, “House of the Dragon” boasts a sprawling cast, with a smaller core set of characters including Paddy Considine (as King Viserys I), Emmy D’Arcy (as Princess Rhaenrya, Viserys’ first child and his heir apparent), Matt Smith (as Prince Daemon, Viserys’ younger brother), Rhys Ifans (as Ser Otto Hightower, the Hand of the King), Olivia Cooke (as Lady Alicent Hightower, Otto’s daughter) and Fabien Frankel (as Ser Criston Cole, a knight with eyes for Rhaenrya).

The show will also costar Steve Toussaint, Eve Best, Sonoya Mizuno, Ryan Corr, Jefferson Hall, David Horovitch, Graham McTavish, Matthew Needham, Bill Paterson and Gavin Spokes.

The premiere date means “House of the Dragon” has a bit of a head start on the year’s other massive fantasy series that serves as a prequel to a widely popular and acclaimed original adaptation: “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.” Amazon Prime Video announced in August 2021 that “The Rings of Power” will debut on the streamer on Sept. 2.

In February, Martin announced on his personal blog that shooting on Season 1 of “House of the Dragon” had wrapped. “I have seen rough cuts of a few of them, and I’m loving them,” Martin wrote. “Of course, a lot more work needs to be done. Special effects, color timing, score, all the post production work. But the writing, the directing, the acting all look terrific. I hope you will like them as much as I do.”

The same month, HBO and HBO Max chief Casey Bloys told Variety that “it’s probably a pretty good bet” that the network will order a second season of the show. “Generally speaking, we usually let something air and see how it does, but obviously, we’ll make preparations ahead of time to make sure we’re ahead of the game,” he said.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Man, I really feel like they're gonna fuck up and not do this justice cause they're gonna try and cater to the mainstream crowd so it's gonna he like euphoria but with dragons....but seeing that dude Daemon has me hype :banderas:

There's so much potential with the stories GRRM has only loosely touched upon in his history books, a lot of characters I'd love to see make screen if done right

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I'm a little worried as well but I'm more hyped about Matt Smith after watching Last Night in Soho. He was excellent in it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

like just imagine all this shit playing out on screen with good CGI for DRAGON FIGHTS :mark:

• Love

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I have faith that this Show is going to be a damn good watch and me knowing little or nothing about this Time period makes this even better for me. Rhaenyra Targaryen better be ready at every turn because their are people wanting what she has and I wouldn't mind trust family as much as they say they are behind you in this World.