Game: Is He A Hall Of Famer?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

vickymania

Reaction score
Credit : RIPBossman

Here is how this works:

A person will state a name of a wrestler who is active or retired who is not currently in the WWE Hall Of Fame.

The poster below that person will answer two questions:

Should that person someday be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame? (give reasons)

Will
that person someday be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame? (give reasons)

(For example, you might say Randy Savage definitely deserves to be in the HOF, but with Vince seemingly having a negative relationship with him, it may seem unlikely to actually happen.)

After giving their opinions and reasoning, that person states the name of someone else to be considered.

Seeing as the WWE Hall Of Fame inducts people from any wrestling organization, regardless of what time they may have spent in WWE, anyone from anywhere can be considered.

This thread is inteded for, but not limited to, considering wrestlers who may be considered borderline, and reasonable arguments can be made for and against their induction.

i'll start it off : Rob Van Dam

Evil Austin

no,

Why : I have to hand it to RVD he has given us all he had to offer he has given us everything he could he gave us the best memories there are. But it isn't HOF worthy. His Run in ECW holding the gold for a year was classic but still he needs to do a little more if he were wrestling now to be considered HOF material he is great in fact better then some of the HOF people but he needs to be a few more years in the business and get the experience edge in my thuoghts.

Mick Foley

Reaction score
Yes, anybody who would do the madness that Mick Foley did needs to be in the HoF. He has the sickest bumps in the history of the WWF/E, and he is also one of the greatest mouthpieces ever. As I recall it, he alos had the single highest television rating for any WWE ever when he did this is your life with the Rock. The man was incredible as Dude Love, Cactus Jack, Mick Foley, and of course, Mankind. Yes, he should be.

Will he? I'm leaning toward yes, one day. However, it may be quite a while until Vince realizes that he let go a legend. It may never happen, but I'd like to think it will.

Next up: Stone Cold Steve Austin

vickymania

Reaction score
Steve Austin,a definite yes..worked his way through when there were bigger names hogging the limelight..went on to win multiple championships,a great entertainer..his storyline with Bret Hart was the one i liked the most..if not for his wrestling resume,then just for his stunner's and beer bashes,bring on Austin in HOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he'll rule there as well( atleast free beer for all the rest of HOF'rs )..

Michael Cole

Airfixx

No. No where near as good as the likes of JR, Monsoon and other classic commentators...

In time, I hope he'll be moved behind the scenes or something. Grisham & King were so much better than Cole & King when they did No Mercy earlier this month.

Tommy Dreamer

[Edit: As for the above mention of Foley.... I think it all depends on how the relationship with Vince pans out now he's gone to TNA. I think he'd have been inducted pretty soon otherwise....]

seX-Power

I don't think Tommy Dreamer should be in the WWE Hall of Fame. Even if they include ECW moments which idk if they do, I still don't think Dreamer has done enough on paper. He will have a legacy though.

I don't really know if he will, as he is the 'heart and soul' of ECW but idk if the WWE want to glorify ECW. I really don't know, but I doubt it.

The Dudley Boyz

Moonlight Drive

Definitely should. They were with the WWE for a while and in their day were an awesome team.

Will? Ehh, IDK. They were in TNA, they might join Savage, Owen & Benoit on the Black List.

Chris Jericho

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Yes, Chris Jericho is a shoe in for HOF one day. The first Undisputed Champion, man of 1004 holds, awesome on the mic, he was an excellent face and he's an excellent heel.

I could go on forever about Y2J. Most definitely a future Hall of Famer.

Next Up: Rey Mysterio

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Hmmm.. im gonna have to go with yes on this one. Rey is an excellent wrestler in my eyes, and a great face. He's done alot for the WWE, but not enough to make him a hall of famer anytime soon. Couple of more years of Rey might make him HOF'er material. So yes, in the far future he should be in the HOF.

John Cena

MikeRaw

As of now, no. But he will be, because wwe is in control of how they book him (like everyone), and it's obvious they will book him to be in the top 5 ever category.

Edge

MC Rae

Reaction score
By all rights he should and I still think he has a lot left in him. He is one of the best heels I think I've ever witnessed to be honest. I'll say yes.

Jeff Hardy

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Eventually, yes. He's done a lot as a tag team wrestler and his career still has many places to go.

William Regal

seX-Power

No imo. He has done a lot in his career just not enough to put him into the Hall of Fame. I don't think he will either, what with all the suspensions.

Christian

CT Styles

This is stupid. Anyone above upper-midcard people will give reasons why they'll go in. The HOF is for the elite of the elite not just Main Eventers.

Christian, no. For the reasons I just said. He's nowhere near the best of the best.