Game: Is He A Hall Of Famer?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

^^^Damn effin right!!! ...I'll induct him myself if need be!

Btw, Hardcore Holly never held the IC title. Although they SHOULD induct him as Sparky Plug if they're gonna do it... Payback for being a dick all these years; the so -called 'dues' that he's so damn proud of coming back to haunt him would be so poetic!

I guess it remains to be seen how forgiving Vince will be with the guys that have since gone to work for TNA. Foley's an interesting one, but IMO as the years pass the likes of Hall & Nash will be increasingly irrelevant figures in the grand scheme of things.

How about.... Dustin Rhodes aka Golddust.

noumenon

I'd say yes to Goldy. The guy has been around for a damn long time with the same gimmick and it's still pretty damn over. He's a former IC and European champion and a pretty solid in ring competitor. I think if used properly Goldy still has one good run left in him on ECW as Champion.

Hmmmmmmmmmm........Big Show?

Airfixx

Pure & Simple... Yup.

This is Vince's baby afterall and to be fair to Show he's as good a wrestling giant(*) as there's ever been.

(Note: "Giant" not big-man, super-heavyweight, Holly-Cousin and so on.....)

Jim Cornette

Reaction score
^^^Indeed. As a manager and a booker/promoter. He managed THE heel tag team of the 80's and had insane heat as their manager. As a booker, Jimmy is one of the last true "boys" from when this was a sport as compared to entertainment. He ran a fairly successful indy in Smoky Mountain that was awesome and had sweet talent like Candido, Foley, Jim Ross, etc... and most recently he can be credited with helping the development of Cena, Batista and Lesnar while he booked OVW. It's kind of telling of how much great talent came out of the WWE farm system while guys like Corny and Heyman were booking it, lately the homegrown talent has been fairly sucky. Cornette's the goods and his managerial career is HoF worthy.

noumenon

Orton, without a doubt if he keeps his nose out of trouble for the rest of his career. He's the heel this generation is built around.

Christian

MizMasta3000

No, because he went to TNA, which might put him on the blacklist (this was said before about someone else) If he came back to the WWE, possibly, but he was never elite nor is he ever good enough to be with WWE loyals

Brock Lesnar

If Angle is on the blacklist then explain Matt Striker and Michael Cole talk him up as well as his many apperances in the best of SD DVD. Something poor benoit wasnt apart of :sad: Also I think Angle won about every title offered in WWE during his time

^^^Indeed. As a manager and a booker/promoter. He managed THE heel tag team of the 80's and had insane heat as their manager. As a booker, Jimmy is one of the last true "boys" from when this was a sport as compared to entertainment. He ran a fairly successful indy in Smoky Mountain that was awesome and had sweet talent like Candido, Foley, Jim Ross, etc... and most recently he can be credited with helping the development of Cena, Batista and Lesnar while he booked OVW. It's kind of telling of how much great talent came out of the WWE farm system while guys like Corny and Heyman were booking it, lately the homegrown talent has been fairly sucky. Cornette's the goods and his managerial career is HoF worthy.

You forgot to mention how much of a bad relationship the two have

As far as Christian goes...its a toss up. He hasnt done as much as his former (and future :shifty:) counterpart edge. Infact, Christian, on paper has several years to even be considered.

Triple H

Airfixx

^^^^Nah, release pending more-like! : P

@ Enzo: re: Cornette.... Kinda a loaded 'question' on my part considering how anti-VKM he's been since leaving OVW. Saw a Q&A with him from just before he left TNA and he was shitting over Vince & WWE from a h-u-g-e height...

Time will tell I guess, but he's defo in a 'burning bridges' phase right now.

Shane McMahon

SnackZ

Reaction score
Shane - Um???? Let me think.....Uhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Yeah, of course, in the VERY FAR future, not anytime soon. NO reason why he should not be in there.

Lillian Garcia

noumenon

Uhhh, that one is debatable. She was there for quite a while and was the voice of RAW for a pretty damn long time. I know WWE was quite fond of her while she was there so there is a strong possibility. Let's face it, WWE doesn't have very tight restrictions on their admissions, so I'll give her a very strong maybe.

Kurt Angle

fluiche09

Reaction score
Game Is He A Hall Of Famer

Like I said, 219 homers is low for a power hitter and perhaps can be considered low for a Hall of Famer. I guess its just a matter of semantics, but I dont consider to that be a low total in general terms. I also dont want to give the wrong impression. Im not necessarily pushing Al Oliver for Cooperstown either. However, I do feel he deserves a lot more credit and consideration in voters minds than he ever received. I could definitely understand if Oliver had remained on the ballot for twenty years and never made it. However, to have been kicked off the island after only one year was an injustice. He won a batting title, an RBI title, was a sevn time All-Star selection, is 25th all-time in doubles, has 2700 hits and career .300 BA and yet only received 19 votes? That was just wrong.