Fox Marvel Properties

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
While Twentieth Century Fox doesn't have a big presence at the San Diego Comic-Con this year, Deadline reports that there is still news about three of their comic properties.

The site says that, as was previously rumored, Chronicle director Josh Trank is now officially set to direct the Fantastic Four reboot at the studio. They add that production would start on the film after The Wolverine and the untitled X-Men: First Class sequel wrap.

We had also heard rumors that director David Slade had dropped out of directing the new Daredevil movie and that appears to be confirmed now. "The studio has a script it likes, but has to get the film into production by fall or risk losing the property back to Marvel Studios and Disney," says the site. Slade couldn't make the timing work because he's directing the "Hannibal" series pilot for NBC.

And finally, Deadline reports that Attack the Block helmer Joe Cornish is set to direct Rust for Fox. The Archaia graphic novel is described as follows:

"Rust" is a high-octane adventure set in the prairie lands of an unknown time. Life on the Taylor family farm was difficult enough before Jet Jones crashes into the barn, chased by a giant decommissioned war robot! Oldest son Roman Taylor struggles to keep his family's small farm afloat as the area heals from a devastating world war. While the rest of his family may not trust the mysterious boy with the jetpack, Roman believes the secrets of Jet's past may be the key to their survival.

Some potential good news here. I think the First Class sequel has legs. Woverine amazingly still has potential. I've personally never cared for Fantastic Four and I'm not sure they can really do much without Alba.

Losing Daredevil could actually be awesome though I'm still uncertain how he isn't part of the spidey deal or at least how spidey didn't get fisk. If they lose Daredevil does Elektra go too? Even if Marvel got Daredevil back I'm not sure you could do anything to incorporate him in the current universe but one offs wouldn't hurt.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Daredevil is an Avenger(as is nearly every non-mutant hero in the Marvel U), Disney could easily work him into what they are doing. Kingpin was originally one of his villains, and if Fox loses DD they also lose Elektra, Bullseye, The Hand, and every other character that is slated as a DD property.

As for the First Class sequel, Scott & Jean or GTFO!

And, why would you think casting someone like Jessica Alba to play an invisable woman is a good idea? A nobody would get just as much screen time, and cost a fraction.

Pete

Reaction score
Actually excited for Rust, even if it's basically just Attack The Farm. Cornish did the formula so well in Block that I can't wait to see this one. Loss of chavs as protagonists sucks, though, but we're replacing them with hillbillies, so it might work :lmao

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Because a lot of people only went to see it to see Alba.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I don't think I know anyone who went to Fantastic Four just to go see Jessica Alba. That's rather creepy as you could just look at her online. It's not like she's a good actress so there's no real reason to watch something just for her. The past two have sucked and I've never really been intrested in them regardless.

The last Wolverine was bad but I still think it has tons of potential. I've never liked the Wolverine character as I just find him rather boring but Hugh Jackman actually does a good portrayel of him. I loved X-Men First Class so I'd love to see another. Despite comic fanboys in an uproar because it wasn't true to the comics, it was a great movie with great acting sans January Jones.

Attack of the Block was fantastic so I'm eager to see what Joe Cornish can do.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
To see the Invisible Woman? Do you see the problem there?

Yeah cause she was god damn invisible during the entire movie. Jessica Alba got the asses in seats. I'm sorry but it's the truth if I made a fantastic four with nothing but shit actors or actors nobody gave a damn about nobody would watch it.

[video=youtube;r_X5C6e3ZeY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_X5C6e3ZeY[/video]

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
So having your biggest star as the one you cant see durring half the movie is the right idea? See Plan 9 From Outer Space to see how well that went without Bela Legosi.

If you are going to bank on a character to use star power with, you cast a mega star as Reed. He is the only one whos derangement does not effect the amount of screen time the actor would see. Torch & Sue rely on CG and Ben will either be CG, or a SFX mask.

Pete

Reaction score
I don't think I know anyone who went to Fantastic Four just to go see Jessica Alba. That's rather creepy as you could just look at her online. It's not like she's a good actress so there's no real reason to watch something just for her. The past two have sucked and I've never really been intrested in them regardless.

The last Wolverine was bad but I still think it has tons of potential. I've never liked the Wolverine character as I just find him rather boring but Hugh Jackman actually does a good portrayel of him. I loved X-Men First Class so I'd love to see another. Despite comic fanboys in an uproar because it wasn't true to the comics, it was a great movie with great acting sans January Jones.

Attack of the Block was fantastic so I'm eager to see what Joe Cornish can do.

BLAS PHEMERRRRRRRR!!!!! :gun:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Glad that 1994 one didn't make it it looked terrible.

It was made soley to keep the property in house wouldn't fly nowadays has to be a legit attempt.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Daredevil is reverting back to Marvel after the studio saw this and passed on the idea

[video=youtube;92cVd9HalHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92cVd9HalHs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Not sure I'd be a fan of it being in the 70s but other then that think the vibe of what he was showing was fine.