Fox Cancels Terra Nova, Showrunners Are Seeking A New Network

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
Terra_Nova_40169.jpg

Sorry Terra Nova fans, but the show didn’t make the cut. Fox has made an early decision to cancel the series, which was expected since it was aiming for a second season premiere in the fall. That’s not going to happen, at least not on Fox, but showrunners are shopping for a new network.

Deadline reports that the show will not be on the Fox schedule for fall – or ever. In spite of a lot of effort put into trying to tweak the series for a second season, Fox has decided to let it go. But there is a glimmer of hope for the show – it’s being shopped to other networks with the hopes that someone might want to pick it up.

The cancellation leaves some questions regarding Fox’s fall lineup. With House gone and Terra Nova now also canceled, the network is down two dramas. They’ve got the new Kiefer Sutherland drama Touch set to premiere towards the end of the month, and they have to have high hopes for it, since Sutherland’s been a hit-maker for them in the past. Meanwhile the future of Alcatraz remains up in the air. This opening might give that series a little more hope for another season, but it’s not doing great in the ratings. There’s also The Finder looking for renewal after it’s freshman run, and of course we can't forget Fringe, which has been in negotiations for a renewal in spite of the fact that it’s losing money.

Will Terra Nova find a new home? And if so, will fans follow the show and give it the ratings it will need to stay alive on another network? It may be a while before we get those answers, but some of the questions about the Fox drama lineup should start seeing answers soon.

cinemablend

Swinny

Reaction score
Glad I never got into this then. Had the first episode downloaded ever since it came on, but never got around to watching it.

Castiel

Reaction score
I checked it out and followed it for a bit and it was pretty good. Somehow when I stopped following though I figured it wouldn't last too long.... Fox is a terrible network to have your show on, if the fans love it they cancel it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I fell asleep while watching the first episode, so no big loss to me.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Never watched it or even tried to get into it and I am glad I didn't. Seems like this happens a lot with fox as Cas said.