Flair Is the Greatest of All Time: Who Can Dispute Me and Win

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
The term "greatest" is a matter of conjecture. If Flair isnt the best, he's second only to Shawn Michaels, and that's overall, not just in the ring OR draw wise. And, btw, if you think Flair didn't draw, you're a fucking moron. Flair drew 30,000 people without the WWF type promotion, so he put asses in seats as well as anyone.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Ric Flair was a great wrestler in all aspects in wrestling. I do not agree that he was the greatest, but certainly better than most.

And hey, LogicalWMD, hows about you stop trying so hard to win a street fight that you said you won since post one in the first place? It's making you look like a total fool and a complete blueberry.

OH EM GEEZ I'S DA WUN DA STREET FIWGHT BCUZ I DA GWEATEST! YOU WOOZ I WIN STOOOPID TARVIS!

The Rated R CMStar

I think you're Trav40. and monkeystyle has referred has referred to you as such..

Lol, and at any point Monkeystyle has referred to me as Travis. Just goes to show how you select to read what you want, I already told you who Travis40 really is.

And yes, in total, Ric Flair was the greatest talent to grace the annals of wrestling in every measure.

Anyway, this Street Fight is OVER. GET it, "O" "V" "E" "R". I won.

It's still amazing how you chose to ignore any other opinion that goes agaisnt the statement of Flair being the best. You should be the one learning from others, but instead you decide to just sell yourself as being better or knowing more than the rest.

As for you win, whatever toots your horn pal.

And, btw, if you think Flair didn't draw, you're a fucking moron. Flair drew 30,000 people without the WWF type promotion, so he put asses in seats as well as anyone

Idk if that was directed towards me, but if it was, I never said Flair wasn't a draw. I just said he never wasn't THEE top draw in history.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
Yeah, whatever. We're just all wrestling fans having fun. At least I'm having fun. Why are you all so agitated over wrestling talk? Especially you, Rated_R_CM_STAR?

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, whatever. We're just all wrestling fans having fun. At least I'm having fun. Why are you all so agitated over wrestling talk? Especially you, Rated_R_CM_STAR?

Rated R CMStar

As for the rest, I see you have now the ability to sense feelings through the 'net.

CenaMark54

And yes, in total, Ric Flair was the greatest talent to grace the annals of wrestling in every measure.

Anyway, this Street Fight is OVER. GET it, "O" "V" "E" "R". I won.

In every measure? What measurements are you using?

If you are talking about in ring, well then Michaels easily surpasses Flair.

If you are talking about charisma, well Hogan had more charisma in his left nut then Flair ever had.

If you are talking about drawing power, well that easily goes to Hogan and Austin.

I'm guessing you are using an overall collection of some of the things I mentioned. And yes, that would probably put Flair in the top three or four. But you would be hardpressed to ever convince me that Flair was better than Hogan or Austin.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
Flair Is the Greatest of All Time: Who Can Dispute and Win

Wrestling Heroes and Villains, Breecham House, NY, 1985, pp12-13:

"The only true World's Champion stands in the studio adjusting his sunglasses and tightening his grip on the most coveted belt in wrestling. ;When you look at me,' Ric Flair barks, 'you're looking at the finest wrestling has to offer. I set the standard!' This is no idle boast. Ric Flair is a champion for the '80s, the holder of the most prestigious title in wrestling -- the NWA World's Heavyweight Wrestling Championship.

Flair has been one of grappling's most gifted competitors since he debuted in the early 1970s. He won both the Missouri and US titles at an early age, burning through his opponents like propane gas.

Although his arrogance is deplored by most fans, insiders and fanatics marvel at his command of the language of wrestling. It is as if the collective wisdom of all wrestlers dating back to antiquity has passed down to Flair.

Since he whupped Dusty Rhodes for the NWA World's Title in 1981, Flair has guarded the ten pounds of gold with the jealousy of a miser. His body has undergone horrendous suffering in defense of the belt. A backbreaking schedule has taken its toll, but it has also intensified his desire to hang on to the belt. Flair himself revealed his sense of duty when he said, 'If being the US Champion is like serving in the US Senate, then being the World Champion is like being the President. There is a whole new set of responsibilities.'

Flair is currently well into his third championship reign, and it is the way he regained his title twice that proves his dominance in the sport. It took him little more than 5 months to thrash out a bloody ramson out of Harley Race in 1983, and he merely loaned the title to Kerry von Erich the following year. Neither Race nor von Erich could make the title their own before Ric Flair tapped on the window and demanded his due."

To be continued.

TYVM.

Travis40

Begging you to respond to me, little Travy boy? You've never responded with anything but bald assertions. You know nothing about wrestling outside of the immediate present and yes, your posts are boring. Other than this one I haven't even read one since our dispute about Batista. Keep watching Raw and you'll be proven wrong about that too. And if you thought LogicalWMD gave u a beating, wait till I get you into a hell in a thread. LWMD learned everything from me and I didn't teach him everything.

CMS isn't Trav40...I am.

btw, if you and LogicalWMD were two different people, how in the hell would you know that Casual Talk used to be Hell in a Thread? You aren't as smart as you think.

You look down on other members because they have a life, and they don't know every fucking Polish wreslter that ever lived, and they don't have the time to lock themselves in a room for 20 hours a day and watch tapes from the 70's and read books all about wrestling. We have lives, and it's fairly obvious that you don't. No matter how many times you claim that you "taught some guy everything he knows" that just happens to act JUST LIKE YOU, and claim to have written a book, we just don't think you're smart enough.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score

CMS isn't Trav40...I am.

btw, if you and LogicalWMD were two different people, how in the hell would you know that Casual Talk used to be Hell in a Thread? You aren't as smart as you think.

You look down on other members because they have a life, and they don't know every fucking Polish wreslter that ever lived, and they don't have the time to lock themselves in a room for 20 hours a day and watch tapes from the 70's and read books all about wrestling. We have lives, and it's fairly obvious that you don't. No matter how many times you claim that you "taught some guy everything he knows" that just happens to act JUST LIKE YOU, and claim to have written a book, we just don't think you're smart enough.

I don't look down on you and if you Are Trav, then, from having watched LWMD in this forum in 2007, Trav has come a long way. I respect Benoit's Boner. And I am as smart as I think I am, which is only better than averagely smart. The books I've read and tapes I've watched were assimilated years ago. I only share with YOU now. Yes, I have written ONE book, numerous articles, blogs, lyrics, stories and reviews and I'm working on my second and third novels now. I would give you the url to my blog, but I know you guys would smear it with irresponsible posts. So enough with personal attacks. Let's talk wrestling and all have fun.

TYVM

Kaedon

Reaction score
Idk if that was directed towards me, but if it was, I never said Flair wasn't a draw. I just said he never wasn't THEE top draw in history.

It was at anyone who think he wasn't one of the, if not THEEE top draw. Who knows how much bigger he could have been had he had the WWF Machine behind him.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score

Ric Flair was a great wrestler in all aspects in wrestling. I do not agree that he was the greatest, but certainly better than most.

And hey, LogicalWMD, hows about you stop trying so hard to win a street fight that you said you won since post one in the first place? It's making you look like a total fool and a complete blueberry.

OH EM GEEZ I'S DA WUN DA STREET FIWGHT BCUZ I DA GWEATEST! YOU WOOZ I WIN STOOOPID TARVIS!

I never said I won from the outset outset. And I don't mind looking like a blueberry if that's what I seem like to some. Go to your own satirical thread about X-Pac and you'll read my response, dear chum. Flair WAS the greatest of all time, rivaled only by HBK. When you're in Vancouver, you can call me, I'll PM you my number, and then we'll party and watch tapes and have women and have our final say.

TYVM

SuzieLightening

Reaction score

WCW4Ever hereby calls out the smartest member who disputes that Ric Flair is the greatest professional wrestler of any era. He must propose an American alternative. Who's game?

Who can dispute that? I was born when Flair was into his first title reign, but my father has all the tapes, and Flair in his prime is in a league of his own. The experts back us up. John P Molinaro's Top 100 Pro Wrestlers of All Time rates Flair #1 and says this of THE MAN:

In the final analysis, what Ric Flair is, in essence, is an artist. He is a gifted visionary dedicated to his sport, his craft, his profession, his trade --his art. He is a man who has used the wrestling world as his canvas -- molding, sculpting, and stretching the sport in ways never thought possible.

Anyway, yes, I'd put Flair at #1, but I think Bret Hart belongs in your top 10. Sure he wasn't great on the mic, but he put on some of the greatest matches in wrestling history. His problem, besides his poor mic skills, was his too predictable sequence of finishing moves. So I'd put Hart at #10. Morrison will be an all time great when all is said and done. But his inclusion is premature. And take out Buddy Rogers, and insert SCSA.

This Guy

Guess who Suzzie is and win a prize*

*no actual prize will be awarded

Wrestling Station

good way to bump a 10 days old thread eh? :laugh:

Give me my Batista T-shirt <_<