Five people WWE could get rid of that would make the product better

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
In the spirit of all the releases in WWE recently, I pose this question:
If you could ax any 5 WWE employees, who would they be and why?
This could be any person from Vince McMahon to a production team member.
Your reason doesn't have to factor money or storyline continuity
Factoring money would prevent anyone from mentioning Cena and that wouldn't be the spirit of the thread.

For me
Vince McMahon - I like variety and he's too bottom line for my taste. All the staleness starts with him.
Alicia Fox - Nothing about her tells me she should be a wrestler
Michael Cole - Sorry. Dude doesn't elicit excitement. He butchers returns
Kevin Dunn- He's a piece of crap and doesn't make wrestling interesting to watch, at all.
Randy Orton - I've seen more tenacity from an ant. If WWE completely dumped him they could sign 5 indy guys who'd potentially bring more value than Randy could at this point

Money doesn't have to factor, but your 'firings' should make the company better in some way

Michael Cole on returns

JR on return

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
1. The Miz
2. Great Khali
3. Sheamus
4. The Authority
5. RVD

Reactions: Brad.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The Authority
Sheamus
Jerry Lawler
Big E/Kofi/Titus/Darren Young/R-Truth/Woods (lol i'm not racist at all but they all suck, just a coincidence)

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I don't agree with letting go of Sheamus, I do say he should take a paycut though, I believe he's making a million and gets first class travel.

1. Justin Gabriel
2. RVD
3. R-Truth
4. Zack Ryder
5. The Miz

^Those are my 5 I would remove.. Zack Ryder is mainly a fiscal decision for how the company is being run now, personally I would find storylines for him but for this current WWE product he's one I would get rid of.

Honestly there's a few contracts that should be reworked, Miz is one of them if not cut.. Swagger IMO is another, R-Truth too.. Titus O'Neil could use a small one, Khali & Sheamus are both heavily paid and could use some paycuts.. a few more.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Get rid of Khali at least please. In this new era of wrestlers where its all about creativeness in the ring and high flying moves he adds NOTHING to the product IMO. Maybe back in the day when the moves weren't so varied and just being that big meant you impressed people with your presence, but now.............

Reactions: The Showstopper1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The only wrestler that's not Eva Marie that comes to mind is Swagger. I'm even fine with Khali that, sans that bullshit with Sandow, whenever he's in the ring he's just there to take a really big spot. That's fine (even though that should be Big Show's role...)

Otherwise, Cole, Lawler, Kevin Dunn and VKM.

Reactions: The Showstopper1

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Cena
Cena
Cena
Cena
Cena

Get rid of him, and things should be fine

Reactions: Red Rain

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Oh I might change someone on my list to Jerry Lawlor, so that way we could get DAT Renee on RAW.

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
1. Michael Cole - I don't think he is a very good wrestling commentator and never have rated him, I always preferred JR. I don't think he would be missed.
2. Batista - I just think the product has surpassed him and that he is no longer important. Big Dave had a great run originally and I really enjoyed his initial WWE stint but right now he really does just steal the spotlight from others who are more deserving.
3. Miz - He has always been one of these characters that we love to hate, unfortunately I don't see his new 'Hollywood' gimmick doing him any favours and I would bin him to allow other wrestlers to shine.
4. Shitus O'Neil - No comment really necessary to accompany his inclusion, a chunk of cash WWE is wasting.
5. Jerry Lawler - I don't like saying it but Lawler's commentary gets worse by the week, I don't think he contributes much anymore.

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Let me say, for the record, I admire all of you who mentioned Cena.
I do not agree at all, but if his absence would improve your viewing pleasure I commend all of you for mentioning him.
I wanted to say Lawler myself, but if he were heel I believe he could still be useful

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
The only two people that we could get rid of that would even cause a change would be Vince and Dunn. Those two because they creative control. Once we get someone that could book the wrestlers good, I personally think that they can do well with what they have right now. Even Cole could be entertaining again if they made him a heel in my opinion. The Great Khali can go since he's not exactly a good wrestler or talker, but even then he can at least be used to put over some wrestlers to make them look strong like how they did with Cesaro.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I think if Cena was such a great person he should voluntarily take a $500k paycut from his base salary.. he would still be making around $3 mil + merchandise and all first class travel, not to mention they opened the door for his "acting" career so now he's popping up as random characters in various forms of media.

Khali can draw.. but the way they pay him is HORRID for how little they utilize him.. Personally Big Show is the same way but his pay is actually not that much higher than Khali.. if they were smart they'd negotiate a decent pay cut for Big Show as well.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I think if Cena was such a great person he should voluntarily take a $500k paycut from his base salary.. he would still be making around $3 mil + merchandise and all first class travel, not to mention they opened the door for his "acting" career so now he's popping up as random characters in various forms of media.

Khali can draw.. but the way they pay him is HORRID for how little they utilize him.. Personally Big Show is the same way but his pay is actually not that much higher than Khali.. if they were smart they'd negotiate a decent pay cut for Big Show as well.

No wrestler, should take a pay cut ever. They are worth every penny.
Vince won't pay benefits. He doesn't give a sh** about his employees.
He kills pushes at his discretion and pulls merchandise because he doesn't 'think' the character is over.
Ziggler is clearly over and he loses every match.

No wrestler should ever take a pay cut in a business where their health is compromised on a daily basis.