Five people WWE could get rid of that would make the product better

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
1. Kevin Dunn
2. Jerry Lawler (could be easily replaced by Booker T as the face commentator, who could work both Raw and Smackdown every week, and it's just time for him to "ride off into the sunset")
3. I could list any number of jobbers at 3, 4, and 5, but I don't know that they'd would be so badly utilized if you replaced Dunn, who it's obvious doesn't really understand pro wrestling.

All you guys who are advocating Cena, Orton, or Sheamus being fired........thank God you're here and you express your opinion. Nothing could be worse than losing more main event level talent at this point, but your opinions are highly prized.

I am super serial.

wk

Reactions: Snowman1

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
WWE is jerking us around with Orton. He's never developed a personality because he's never been forced to.
How many of you cats go to work and over do it, because you're afraid you could be canned?
How many of you cats have walked on egg shells around your girl cause you didn't want to pi** her off?
I'm sure all of you have, but Randy Orton hasn't. No matter how many times Orton drops the soap, he's patted on the back
Orton is main event talent, yet probably the worst #2 in history. In fact, WWE's real #2 is on the couch tweeting about the Cubs.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
WWE is jerking us around with Orton. He's never developed a personality because he's never been forced to.
How many of you cats go to work and over do it, because you're afraid you could be canned?
How many of you cats have walked on egg shells around your girl cause you didn't want to pi** her off?
I'm sure all of you have, but Randy Orton hasn't. No matter how many times Orton drops the soap, he's patted on the back
Orton is main event talent, yet probably the worst #2 in history. In fact, WWE's real #2 is on the couch tweeting about the Cubs.

e9bab49046aaf8b9a46a6494a24dea84.gif

wk

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
No wrestler, should take a pay cut ever. They are worth every penny.
Vince won't pay benefits. He doesn't give a sh** about his employees.
He kills pushes at his discretion and pulls merchandise because he doesn't 'think' the character is over.
Ziggler is clearly over and he loses every match.

No wrestler should ever take a pay cut in a business where their health is compromised on a daily basis.
Uhh... WWE is actually one of the only promotions to cover 100% of all in-ring injuries as well as associated rehabilitation.. not sure where you're getting the no benefits thing from..

Regardless he/the company doesn't even have to provide benefits, you do realize that the performers are technically not employees right? They are actually labelled as independent contractors; 401ks and dental are definitely out of the question but the fact that they do pay 100% of the in-ring injury costs is more than gracious IMO.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Firstly, health benefits include bacterial infections they make get or if they happen to catch the flu.
If their child is sick or if their spouse is sick, they are out of luck. If they have a stomach virus, they are out of luck again.
If they develop a respiratory infection, WWE isn't responsible for that.

Please don't give me the 'independent contractors' spiel. If they were really independent, they would be allowed to work for other companies. If they were truly independent, they could sign record deals with other labels. If they were independent contractors, they wouldn't be signing autographs and doing radio interviews to promote events in the little 'free' time they had. WWE monopolizes your options to where you can only do outside projects at their approval. This, by definition, would be the exact opposite of an independent contractor.

Your best independent contractor argument would be CM Punk, who technically does not have fulfill his contractual obligations because he could very easily prove he's too injured to perform. WWE can't technically make guys come to work, but they can 'release' them for not 'seeking help' (Jeff Hardy in 2003)

An independent contractor would be 'closer' to a TNA worker who isn't required to promote the company in their off time. Once upon a time, TNA allowed workers to work freely with little questions asked. This is generally not done any longer, but Dixie is relatively easy going compared to Vince in this regard

Yes, WWE can pay for injury. It's not unlike slipping and falling in a convenience store. WWE can cut you right afterward, however. ( I believe this happened to Test) For a company that basically encouraging injuries, its inhumane to give an employee so few options.

Let's not get started on how this effects the spouse of the wrestler who has to nurse the guy back to health after rehab (assuming he isn't fully recovered or has lingering problems from the injury)

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
only 5 huh

1.) Divas division- Paige is kept only to make random walk bys in her underwear during backstage segments
2.) Commentary team- tired of their same old shit. Start fresh. Bring Booker back to the table
3.) Vince & Dunn- gtfo. HHH, Heyman and Zeb become the head booking triumvirate
4.) WWE Investors- sick of these noobs. Idk what the opposite of taking a company public is... but I would take the WWE back private. Too many assholes to please with it the way it is now
5.) The kids- I don't really need TV 14, blood or even tits. Though tits are an obvious plus. I just want less poopy jokes and storylines that are a bit more complex and not so dumbed down so people like TGMI can keep up

Reactions: Leo C

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
only 5 huh

1.) Divas division- Paige is kept only to make random walk bys in her underwear during backstage segments
2.) Commentary team- tired of their same old shit. Start fresh. Bring Booker back to the table
3.) Vince & Dunn- gtfo. HHH, Heyman and Zeb become the head booking triumvirate
4.) WWE Investors- sick of these noobs. Idk what the opposite of taking a company public is... but I would take the WWE back private. Too many assholes to please with it the way it is now
5.) The kids- I don't really need TV 14, blood or even tits. Though tits are an obvious plus. I just want less poopy jokes and storylines that are a bit more complex and not so dumbed down so people like TGMI can keep up

You pretty much nailed my personal grope with WWE.
I want WWE to, at least, appear real. I hate watching and knowing that its a work.
Stop being so concerned with offending the feminists... Stop trying to end bullying... Without bullying, we'd have no armed forces
Kids aren't that naive. They understand divorce. They know daddy is coming home from Iraq for another four months

I'm pro-women's division (sans Alicia's tired a**), I'm pro JBL but I'm on the fence about a heel Jerry Lawler

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Perhaps a heel Lawler would solve things. It's not like he can't be a good color guy, I mean, heel Lawler was awesome. It's like he stopped trying, he either needs to leave as we all want or try harder/turn heel again.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
You can either keep JBL or turn Lawler heel. Cole's personality isn't strong enough to function against both of them as the only face on commentary (he really shouldn't be that, but JR spoiled us and made most fans under 30 think the pbp guy should be a face).

What you have now is a neutral-to-face pbp guy (Cole), one heel commentator (JBL), and one face commentator (Lawler). I don't think you can really turn Lawler heel (his face turn was basically a natural outgrowth of the Attitude Era). The next character move for the guy is retirement. This is why I said have Booker T put on the commentary team, so he can be the face commentator (at this point, he's far better at it than Lawler is anyway).

We just have to remember that having a face pbp guy and a heel commentator only works when you have a guy as good as Jim Ross as your pbp guy. Of course, if he's really good enough, you could just have one guy doing commentary (Joey Styles, I'm looking at you, bubba).

wk

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
True, two heel color guys doesn't make much sense. Although it would indeed improve Lawler's work (I think), we do have JBL for that. And I'm a fan of any scenario that involves Booker back to the booth, so that'd also be a plus.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
You pretty much nailed my personal grope with WWE.
I want WWE to, at least, appear real. I hate watching and knowing that its a work.
Stop being so concerned with offending the feminists... Stop trying to end bullying... Without bullying, we'd have no armed forces
Kids aren't that naive. They understand divorce. They know daddy is coming home from Iraq for another four months

I'm pro-women's division (sans Alicia's tired a**), I'm pro JBL but I'm on the fence about a heel Jerry Lawler

Had time to dwell on my Lawler post:

F*** Jerry Lawler. If JR is passed it, then so is Jerry. I'll take JR with half a face over Jerry every day.
For the record, I do believe JR (for all intents and purposes) is done.
Since that's the case, Waco is right, Jerry is way done

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
It's my understanding, Ross is somewhat unlikable backstage.
It's the predominant reason for all the gags pulled on him by Vince and by others in Oklahoma.