Five people WWE could get rid of that would make the product better

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Wanna do this properly. I wouldn't mind if the following talent never appeared in WWE again:

- Big E
- Darren Young
- Great Khali
- Justin Gabriel
- Kofi Kingston
- Santino
- Titus O'Neill
- Tyson Kidd
- Xavier Woods

Release them. Everyone else is cool.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Seems like not long ago people were talking about how Big E was the next big thing. Isn't he Rusev's personal jobber now?

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Seems like not long ago people were talking about how Big E was the next big thing. Isn't he Rusev's personal jobber now?

I hated on him when everyone seemed to think he was the next big thing during his title win. He sucks at most things and he looks terrible.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

IC title in action! :yay: You can say Big E got some "competitive losses", though, for what that's worth.

I still think the perfect commentary team is Regal + Booker + someone competent at play by play. They'd detract from the show like crazy but holy hell would it be entertaining.

(Also an option: Renee Young + anybody)

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
IC title in action! :yay: You can say Big E got some "competitive losses", though, for what that's worth.

I still think the perfect commentary team is Regal + Booker + someone competent at play by play. They'd detract from the show like crazy but holy hell would it be entertaining.

(Also an option: Renee Young + anybody)

Booker and Renee on commentary are so much worse than the current trio.

Booker: DAM DID U SEE DAT (shouts another few lines that are incomprehensible)
Renee: *high-pitched* Oh! (doesn't know name of move)

Snowman1

Reaction score
Booker and Renee on commentary are so much worse than the current trio.

Booker: DAM DID U SEE DAT (shouts another few lines that are incomprehensible)
Renee: *high-pitched* Oh! (doesn't know name of move)

That's why Booker is great, though. :dawg:

Renee needs a lot of training but at least she's fun to have on commentary, so she's already a big step up from these three dipshits. Freaking Tenay and Taz were far superior on commentary last week. (Hey @Testify here's some [HASHTAG]#cheappops[/HASHTAG])

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I don't see what's wrong with the current three. The stuff people complain about (App/Network plugs, bad jokes, etc) is fed to them from Vince, so anyone new would be the same.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Play by play is extremely difficult. I don't want to downplay what Michael Cole does, I just believe Joey Styles is more polished.
Jim Ross and Gorilla were the absolute best and Cole is, simply, not on their level. Even Vince McMahon, in his play by play days, could mark out. If Michael Cole can't completely mark out (and he never does), WWE should find somebody that does.

It's true irony, that Cole is exactly what McMahon wants, yet Cole is so different emotionally from the way Vince was.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
There's only two individuals that I would absolutely love to see gone, and those individuals are (drum roll)...

1. Kane - I'm so tired of him at this point. It isn't 1998 anymore, the masked monster schtick is tired, and we've also seen the more human side of him in Corporate Kane, and it was very boring. I kinda wish he would have retired as rumored back at Hell In A Cell 2010. It would have been quite the poetic moment (although most people reading this probably don't understand why) and other than Team Hell No, what significant and entertaining storyline has he been apart of since then anyway? Zero? Also, now that the Undertaker is more or less "retired", maybe it's time for Kane to go too, just as a way of trying to interweave their fates with one another as closely together as possible.

2. Jerry Lawler - The absolute worst person at the commentary table, which is ironic and sad considering that if you were to judge all three guys when they're at their best, Lawler is way better than the other two. Unfortunately, his glory days as a commentator are long gone. Replace him with Booker T. or William Regal. I see a couple of people suggesting Renee Young. I've never heard any of her commentary, how good is she exactly?

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I see a couple of people suggesting Renee Young. I've never heard any of her commentary, how good is she exactly?

She's occassionally on NXT and she's terrible. Sounds like she's trying to fake interest in the match, making high-pitched noises, with no wrestling knowledge. I really like her as an interviewer though.

Kane's like Big Show, for me. I don't want to see him retire - just not used in main-event angles anymore.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
She's occassionally on NXT and she's terrible. Sounds like she's trying to fake interest in the match, making high-pitched noises, with no wrestling knowledge. I really like her as an interviewer though.

Kane's like Big Show, for me. I don't want to see him retire - just not used in main-event angles anymore.

Yeah, she's a great interviewer. I like that one of the voices of WWE is a female for a change. They've tested out some female interviewers in the past but 99.9% of them were terrible. Maybe she'll grow as a commentator and eventually transition into that role full-time (or continue to pull double duty.) It would feel different and fresh to actually have a female at the commentary table, too.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Renee isn't good on commentary right now. She clearly isn't a "student" of wrestling (although she obviously cares) and is very easily driven off topic by flirting with the other commentators, or talking about Breeze's manicures, or what it's like on the Exotic Express, or Fandango's ass, or talking about how horrible women are, while she reacts to big (using that word very loosely) moves with screams of "Oooh!"

Sadly, that's probably what Vince likes in a commentary person here in the "Trying Too Damn Hard" era. But on the good side, she brings two necessary things to the table: something different and something entertaining, two things Raw desparately needs that those three at the table right now are clearly lacking.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'd be fine with JBL/Booker T commentating on RAW, wouldn't hurt having JR back, though. So yeah, send away Cole and Lawler.

I have to admit, though. I liked Cole when he was a commentator with Tazz back when SmackDown was much better and more interesting than RAW.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Kane is being rewarded. I believe WWE wrongly assumes he is responsible for Bryan's meteoric rise to stardom.

There's only two individuals that I would absolutely love to see gone, and those individuals are (drum roll)...

1. Kane - I'm so tired of him at this point. It isn't 1998 anymore, the masked monster schtick is tired, and we've also seen the more human side of him in Corporate Kane, and it was very boring. I kinda wish he would have retired as rumored back at Hell In A Cell 2010. It would have been quite the poetic moment (although most people reading this probably don't understand why) and other than Team Hell No, what significant and entertaining storyline has he been apart of since then anyway? Zero? Also, now that the Undertaker is more or less "retired", maybe it's time for Kane to go too, just as a way of trying to interweave their fates with one another as closely together as possible.

2. Jerry Lawler - The absolute worst person at the commentary table, which is ironic and sad considering that if you were to judge all three guys when they're at their best, Lawler is way better than the other two. Unfortunately, his glory days as a commentator are long gone. Replace him with Booker T. or William Regal. I see a couple of people suggesting Renee Young. I've never heard any of her commentary, how good is she exactly?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Kane is irrelevant. The last time he was good was in late 90's