First music concert you attended

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
List the first music concert you attended, the date (if you can remember it), and describe your experience.

TECHNICALLY... the first concert I attended was, believe it or not, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles concert when I was in first grade. I don't remember which year it was, but it was definitely either 1991 or 1992. Most people would be embarrassed to admit such a thing, but fuck it, I was a major Turtles fan as I've made perfectly clear on this forum, so fuck everyone who frowns on it.

It was the "Coming Out of Their Shells Tour" lol

l.jpg

The show was jam-packed with music and live ninja ass-kicking. I loved it. I was about 6-7 years old when I attended this show at what was called "Starplex" at Dallas Fair Park at the time (currently "Smirnoff Music Center" unless they renamed it again since I moved), so you would think I would have known that the Turtles were really just regular people in costumes by that point, but I was SO EXCITED to see them in person that I definitely felt a shadow of a doubt and I was screaming like a little mark at Michelangelo to wave at me. It was a pretty awesome experience for a 1st grader.

The first REAL concert I attended was May 10th, 1997 at the Tarrant County Concention Center in Ft. Worth, Texas to see none other than my favorite band... Metallica.

76D20D6C65E94555A4D6A23155EB3A80.jpg

What was awesome about this show was that they were filming it and they later released it on dvd a few years later....

41T59VX0PGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The only thing that kind of sucked about this show was that it was so.... fucking.... AWESOME that it was completely impossible to surpass. No matter how many concerts I attended throughout my life afterwards, this one still stands as the measuring stick.

So as you can see, I consider both of them my "first concerts" because they really both were in different ways.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
August 16, 1997, Camden New Jersey, E Center:
First Act: Atari Teenage Riot
Second Act: The Wu-Tang Clan
Headliner: Rage Against the Machine

Should have stopped going to live shows after that cause I'm positive none will ever compare... The 4 guys I went with were only there for Rage, so I made friends with an awesome group of black guys standing next to us during The Wu, smoked a little weed, convinced them to stay for Rage and had a blast watching a group of Wu-Tang faithful jumping in a mosh pit for the first time!

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I remember that tour. Didn't get a chance to go since I was only 14, but I remember Rage and Wu Tang touring together was a huge fucking deal that year. Always loved both of them too. Sounds like you had a great time.

Reaction score
Ricky Martin. :side:

It was because in 2000, I believe. He had two shows rather than one so we got to see the second one. It was a lot of fun. I can't say I'm a fan anymore but it was a fun experience at the time.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
yeah i was 17 and heading into my senior year of high school, my firend's sister and her boyfriend went with us and bought booze for us.... one of the best memories I have from my teenage years

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
2008 and I was like 9 years old. It was a concert of our Slovakian band called Desmond but that was pretty weird. Me and my best friend were just standing in the first row, signing along to a couple of song and shit.

My first like real concert was last summer. At the time I was 14 yo. It was a rap festival. Slovakian rap scene is the shit. Our indy recording artists are really good. Lyrics, beats, performances and everything are top notch. It was a festival but not really a festival. How to describe it...It started at like 7 AM and ended at 3 AM the other day plus after party so it was til 6 AM. Some pretty crazy stuff. I had a good time but the other day didn't feel so good.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Never been to a concert before, any recommendations?
METALLICA lol. Seriously, that was bar none the best show I've ever seen and they never disappoint.

I've seen Marilyn Manson several times live, but his shows aren't quite what they used to be. Maybe if you went to a show where he had more than a couple hours to perform, it would be better, but when I saw him at Heavy MTL last summer I wasn't thrilled with the song selection. His first few albums were the best and he only played a hand full of songs from those albums.

Rob Zombie uses the most pyro by a country mile.

And System of a Down and Slipknot get pretty wild. Metal shows don't get any more nuts than that.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Metallica and every other band you just mentioned doesn't come by here that often. If it's a band a few friends on mine like too, and that band happens to be headed to Montreal, I'd definitely go. Metallica is on the top of my list for bands I want to see live.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Never been to a concert before, any recommendations?

Depends on what you're into.... A good place to start might be a festival or BIG tour where there are many acts who perform a few songs over the course of a day... Most of them have several different stages so if one band or group playing doesn't interest you, you can go check out another one and if they all suck there is always plenty of other things to do to kill time until the next act is up.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Depends on what you're into.... A good place to start might be a festival or BIG tour where there are many acts who perform a few songs over the course of a day... Most of them have several different stages so if one band or group playing doesn't interest you, you can go check out another one and if they all suck there is always plenty of other things to do to kill time until the next act is up.
That's a pretty good idea actually, I never thought of that. I didn't go to a big festival like that until my first Ozzfest and by that time I had already been to several artist-specific concerts. But that Ozzfest was definitely a memorable one.

You really just want to go see bands you like though. I mean, different bands have their own different ways of performing, but you generally enjoy yourself more if you're a fan of the artist before hand. You may become a fan of different bands at those music festivals, but liking the music and already being familiar with it will make you enjoy yourself much more than just watching the crazy shit they do on stage. Live music always sounds completely different than it does on the albums, but it a good way.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
Iron Maiden, X-Factour, Wolverhampton Civic Hall, '95. At the time it seemed awesome because it was my first gig and I was 13, but in hindsight it was the shittiest era in Maidens history and Blaze Bayley was a poor substitute for Bruce Dickinson. Now I'm 30 I like to go back and retroactively destroy all my childhood memories.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
My first was a Jagermeister tour featuring Disturbed.

The best was Ozzfest one of the free years. Lordi, Wasteland, Korn, Deftones, Ozzy, In this Moment and several others I can't remember.