Finn Balor is overrated

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuzion

The Artiste
Reaction score
Everyone seems to love this guy and people say hes the future, hell no. Seth, Dean, Roman, Cesaro and Owens are the future, this guy is a good wrestler and not even good on the mic, I already see his fanboys complain "If he doesn't win at SummerSlam i'll be so mad!" he just came to the roster lol. Seth completely outspoke him on RAW and he can wrestle circles around him. I hope Seth pins his ass at SummerSlam. [HASHTAG]#TeamSeth[/HASHTAG] Roman>Balor

Reactions: 2 people

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
He is almost similar to Roman Reigns in the sense that he needs to just be himself a little more and let his personality blend with his character. Speaking of characters he needs one. He's just the guy who excessively pops his collar and occasionally paints his body to resemble a Demon.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Most overrated guy on the roster... People love him because he wears clown makeup.

• Haha
Reactions: CM Punk

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
Everyone seems to love this guy and people say hes the future, hell no. Seth, Dean, Roman, Cesaro and Owens are the future, this guy is a good wrestler and not even good on the mic,
Balor could easily be part of the future just like those others. He already puts on great matches. Yes, he does need work on the mic, but so does Cesaro and you have him listed. It's not the like guy can't improve.

(Quick side note: Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose (and arguably Roman Reigns) are already a big part of the main event picture. It's safe to say they're no longer "the future.")

I already see his fanboys complain "If he doesn't win at SummerSlam i'll be so mad!" he just came to the roster lol.
That's fanboys for you. I like both guys so I'd be happy with either outcome.

Seth completely outspoke him on RAW and he can wrestle circles around him.
Rollins definitely outspoke Balor, but I wouldn't say Rollins is THAT much better as a wrestler.

Roman>Balor
Now you're just trolling.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
He's not bad. But people are expecting a five star match machine which he isn't. Old Fergal is a very formulaic worker. He has his stuff that he knows he can do and he sticks to that. Nothing wrong with that, his matches end up fine 9 times out of 10 as a result. But he needs top level talent to work with to produce amazing matches.

When he got signed he came out of just starting to move into the heavyweight position in New Japan, and working with a guy by the name of Hiroshi Tanahashi. Tanahashi is legitimately one of the best in the world, and during the 2013-14 time period could produce a five star in his sleep.

And he does need to showcase more personality to truly be top level. That's my opinion at least.

Reactions: Pop Tatari

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I have never got the fuss about this guy ever since his early new japan days. Do not get me wrong he can have a good match but there is something he lacks, in terms of his work. Stopspot hit the nail on the head with that he sticks to a routine which I have always felt. Which is perfectly fine but I do feel other better wrestlers are capable of doing some unbelievable stuff and change it up and have clever ideas while still sticking to their routine. Plenty of other wrestlers with his style who are more engaging.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This sounds like a troll thread, but balor is a top level talent. Very skilled in the ring, good enough on the mic, and has a good gimmick.

You have him fighting guys like Seth at summerslam, you're going to have a 5 star type of matchup. He is the future of WWE just as dean, Seth, Roman, zayn, and Owens are.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
People love him, so obviously he's overrated.
You said this in my thread that was very similar to this. Do you not know what overrated means?

I honestly like the guy. He has a good look, wrestles good matches, has a unique gimmick he uses at special shows, and he's okay, but forgettable on the mic. And I did enjoy him winning on RAW, a few weeks back because it was a surprise. Roman Reigns was being touted by both the fans and WWE as the returning hero, but instead a guy who just shows up gets the book for the Main Event of SummerSlam. And that's both sweet and sour. If Roman Reigns got the #1 Contender spot, on his first night, people would've freaked and claimed it was Vince's Roid Boner that got Reigns booked into it. But the weird part is that Finn Balor was likely rallied for that spot by Triple H's Indie Boner. It's not like he does anything different than Reigns and other top stars. As Stopspot and Pop Tatari have said, he's just as formulaic as anyone else. And in many ways is just as uncomfortable on the mic. Seth Rollins did out-speak him, but that too isn't anything to brag about. Seth Rollins has spent years portraying the cocky heel gimmick, he's obviously gonna be better than a guy who hasn't had a real gimmick and spent most of his time in promotions and markets that lack an emphasis on speaking. Anyways, he sticks to his regiment, but busts out something different-yet-forgettable depending on the specialty. So what exactly is it that allows him to be automatically pushed into the main event of the 2nd biggest show, of the year, for the biggest title introduction in 13 years with no backlash?

It's a double standard.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
From what I have seen he has dry charisma. It isn't bad but it isn't good, I would say it is better then Roman but not quite Ambrose (since we are doing Shield comparisons). Now as far as Rollins goes, he can out talk and out act Finn without a doubt but that does not mean Finn is a crappy entertainer.

In ring, he is not bad at all but I think people are giving him more credit then what is due. I mean the guy can put on good matches, I have seen a few but he is not a consistent 10/10 match guy and he never will be. The people who think so are being biased.

So to me, the dude is being over rated to an extent but he is still better then a chunk of the current roster, he is far from jobber material.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
From what I have seen he has dry charisma. It isn't bad but it isn't good, I would say it is better then Roman but not quite Ambrose (since we are doing Shield comparisons). Now as far as Rollins goes, he can out talk and out act Finn without a doubt but that does not mean Finn is a crappy entertainer.

In ring, he is not bad at all but I think people are giving him more credit then what is due. I mean the guy can put on good matches, I have seen a few but he is not a consistent 10/10 match guy and he never will be. The people who think so are being biased.

So to me, the dude is being over rated to an extent but he is still better then a chunk of the current roster, he is far from jobber material.
Thank you for taking my posts and condensing it, into something that makes sense :angry: :mad2:

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake