Finn Bálor reportedly injured on RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I'd hardly call one of the most talented members of the WWE roster a lost cause because he's had a couple of injuries, but okay.

And he wouldn't have a concussion now if Jinder "I Was a Jobber Until I Found Steroids" Mahal knew how to throw a forearm without legitimately decking somebody.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'd hardly call one of the most talented members of the WWE roster a lost cause because he's had a couple of injuries, but okay.

And he wouldn't have a concussion now if Jinder "I Was a Jobber Until I Found Steroids" Mahal knew how to throw a forearm without legitimately decking somebody.
Jinder knows how to throw a forearm. Only he throws them like he did when he was in the IGF (who combine wrestling with legit shoot fights).

These things happen. It's so easy to fuck up a forearm to the head. Finn could have slipped, Jinder could have slipped. His form was fine but he def went in with too much force.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Concussions should not be worried about, he won't be gone for long, he might just show up on Raw and talk to hide it and when ready compete again.

This gives Jinder good heat for his heel run on Smackdown tho... lol that bastard

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Concussions should not be worried about, he won't be gone for long, he might just show up on Raw and talk to hide it and when ready compete again.

This gives Jinder good heat for his heel run on Smackdown tho... lol that bastard
Concussions should definitely be worried about. All the research and data detailing the damage it does to the brain should not just be shrugged off. We just had a top wrestler in Japan suffer a subdural hematoma because of repeated strikes to the head and going temporarily paralyzed.

I get what you are trying to say. But to say that concussions should not be worried about is just naive

Reactions: Smg

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

I also hope that he won't be out for long and all's well with him, but concussions should be a thing to worry about, actually.

It's not something that should be ignored even if the injury's considered mild, let alone severe.

If he returns to in-ring action too soon, like a week later, he could get knocked out again on a simple shoulder tackle bump.

How do I know this? It happened to Adam Cole at the start of his career.

Here, listen to Adam Cole talk about his [first] concussion:
7:20 mark

So, yeah, as much as we would love to have Finn back and wrestling, his health comes first and he shouldn't be rushed back to the ring.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Ok I take that back, Finn Balor won't be a lost cause. He will just be moved to 205 to elevate the cruiserweight brand like he did NXT.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah I get injuries happen and all that. But if Finn got called up a year earlier than when he did he would of been on a different path with different opponents. But instead Triple H likes to keep wrestlers with 10-15 years of experience in "developmental" basically just so he can push his own brand. Now Balor is pretty much a lost cause

I'm sorry but that just doesn't make any rational sense whatsoever. You honestly have no idea who Finn would have been facing had he been called up a year earlier. In actuality, it probably would have been still Seth Rollins at some point.

Lost cause? Because he had two injuries in a year? If that made someone a lost cause, Mick Foley wouldn't have made it past his debut year.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Ok I take that back, Finn Balor won't be a lost cause. He will just be moved to 205 to elevate the cruiserweight brand like he did NXT.

Because cruiserweight wrestling is safer than heavyweight wresting?

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Because cruiserweight wrestling is safer than heavyweight wresting?

It's not cuz it's safer, it's cuz it'll put less stock into Finn being a main eventer and having to worry about him getting side lined again. It makes prefect sense.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It's not cuz it's safer, it's cuz it'll put less stock into Finn being a main eventer and having to worry about him getting side lined again. It makes prefect sense.

no it really doesn't. Your argument seems to be that Finn is injury prone and thus should be moves to 205 That is what I was responding to

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
no it really doesn't. Your argument seems to be that Finn is injury prone and thus should be moves to 205 That is what I was responding to

He's injury prone AND his momentum is gone. WWE is gonna stick him in the cruiserweights to save them the headache of another injury and elevate the cruiserweights. It's a win win really. You'll see. I will bet u he wins the cruiserweight title by SummerSlam

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
He's injury prone AND his momentum is gone. WWE is gonna stick him in the cruiserweights to save them the headache of another injury and elevate the cruiserweights. It's a win win really. You'll see. I will bet u he wins the cruiserweight title by SummerSlam

Having two injuries in a year does not make one injury prone. Especially since if you actually look at the totality of his career, he has rarely been injured. So no, Finn Balor is nowhere close to being injury prone.

Regardless, your opinion of Balor is hardly representative of his total perception. Moving him to the cruiserweight would not work like it did with Neville. Neville was failing on the main roster with the heavyweights. He had no momentum and the fans did not care. Balor still has many, many fans and will continue to be successful on the main roster. His appeal, regardless of how you feel about him, places him as one of the most popular guys on the roster. WWE will not sacrifice that by putting him on 205

I'll take that bet, my friend. I almost don't consider it a bet because the idea of Balor being moved to the cruiserweight division is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Having two injuries in a year does not make one injury prone. Especially since if you actually look at the totality of his career, he has rarely been injured. So no, Finn Balor is nowhere close to being injury prone.

Regardless, your opinion of Balor is hardly representative of his total perception. Moving him to the cruiserweight would not work like it did with Neville. Neville was failing on the main roster with the heavyweights. He had no momentum and the fans did not care. Balor still has many, many fans and will continue to be successful on the main roster. His appeal, regardless of how you feel about him, places him as one of the most popular guys on the roster. WWE will not sacrifice that by putting him on 205

I'll take that bet, my friend. I almost don't consider it a bet because the idea of Balor being moved to the cruiserweight division is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

They are obviously gonna send him to the cruiserweights to make him the top guy and so the cruiserweights won't be looked at as WWEs 2nd class citizens no more. That's why they just moved Kalisto to Raw. They are trying to cut out some of these nobody's that the division is built around. With Kalisto, Aries, and Nevilly building up the division in the next coming months and then Finn returning to challenge for the title, the division will be as strong as ever. I see a fatal four way at SummerSlam, Finn vs Neville vs Aries vs Kalisto. It wI'll probably be match of the night. What do u expect WWE to do? Put Finn against Brock Lesnar? Dude will throw his shoulder out again before the first German suplex hit's. LOL