Finn Bálor reportedly injured on RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Finn Balor suffered a concussion on last night's "Superstar Shakeup" edition of WWE RAW from Long Island, according to PWInsider.

The injury came when he took the stiff forearm shot from Jinder Mahal during their match, as seen below. Fans have been tweeting negative comments to Mahal since the match happened last night. It was Balor's first singles match on WWE television, although he worked singles matches against Mahal at live events last month.
No word yet on how long Balor might be out but we will keep you updated.

Source

Hopefully this isn't true, but the way he got hit and then fell to the mat, it looked like he got knocked out legitimately.

Hopefully he won't be out for long and all is well with Finn.

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Damn. A concussion could keep him out 3+ months.

I was looking forward to him being back and placed in some good action.

And I agree that was way more than a good sell. He knocked the hell out of him.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
holy crap! That's terrible news.

I hope he isn't injured but yeah I remember now, he legitimately looked 'out' of it all.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Finn Balor Suffers Another Injury On RAW

"Now, only two weeks into his return, it is being reported that Finn Balor suffered a concussion on last night's "Superstar Shakeup" edition of WWE RAW from Long Island, according to PWInsider."

It seems like Finn can't catch a break. Also, Jinders steroid ridden ass needs to calm the Fuck down. The dude wrestles like it's a real fight and not only looks stiff but sloppy. He made Balor look bad. Stupid. Thoughts? Balor comes back only to get knocked the fucked out lol.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Jesus H. Christ...so much for the luck of the Irish...

Seriously...have the WWE done a "piss test" on Mr. Mahal?
The guy looks like a walking wellness policy violation if I've
ever seen one.

And now he's on SmackDown...great...
For the love of God keep him away from Tye Dillinger!

Hopefully Finn can make a quick and full recovery...

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Jesus H. Christ...so much for the luck of the Irish...

Seriously...have the WWE done a "piss test" on Mr. Mahal?
The guy looks like a walking wellness policy violation if I've
ever seen one.

And now he's on SmackDown...great...
For the love of God keep him away from Tye Dillinger!

Hopefully Finn can make a quick and full recovery...
He must be having a doctor prescribe legal roids, which I believe bypasses that system.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Looks like were about to have another D Bry on our hands

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Also this is WWEs fault for wasting him in NXT for 2 years. Finn should of been called up and wrestling in WWE instead of wasting his health in WWE

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Also this is WWEs fault for wasting him in NXT for 2 years. Finn should of been called up and wrestling in WWE instead of wasting his health in WWE
Well if 2 years makes all the difference for Finn, maybe he shouldn't wrestle any ways. Perhaps WWE should've called him up sooner, but for what? To have a good 2 year run and still get injured? If you're injury prone, you're injury prone whether it's NXT, Raw, or Smackdown.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

It's wrestling. Injuries can happen at any time, tbh.

And Finn would've been called up a lot sooner if Hideo Itami didn't get injured. Itami's spent the majority of his NXT run injured, btw.

Remember Beast in the East? Well, that was supposed to be Itami defeating Owens for the NXT title, but he got injured and Bálor took his place because he was just as over, if not more. Bálor was the perfect guy to carry NXT considering some big names were out at the time.

So, does NXT sometimes keep people down in Florida for a bit longer than necessary? Yes. Although sometimes it's justified because these big names draw for them, until the next batch of wrestlers are ready to replace them and take over.

Also, would it have helped much if Finn was called up sooner from NXT to sort of prevent him getting injured on the main roster? Probably not. As I said above: It's wrestling. Injuries can happen at any time.

Reactions: Doxo and Snowman1

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
It's wrestling. Injuries can happen at any time, tbh.

And Finn would've been called up a lot sooner if Hideo Itami didn't get injured. Itami's spent the majority of his NXT run injured, btw.

Remember Beast in the East? Well, that was supposed to be Itami defeating Owens for the NXT title, but he got injured and Bálor took his place because he was just as over, if not more. Bálor was the perfect guy to carry NXT considering some big names were out at the time.

But, to your point, yes, NXT sometimes does keep people down in Florida for a bit longer than necessary.

Also, would it have helped if Finn was called up sooner from NXT to sort of prevent him getting injured on the main roster? Probably not. As I said above: It's wrestling. Injuries can happen at any time.

Yeah I get injuries happen and all that. But if Finn got called up a year earlier than when he did he would of been on a different path with different opponents. But instead Triple H likes to keep wrestlers with 10-15 years of experience in "developmental" basically just so he can push his own brand. Now Balor is pretty much a lost cause

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Two freak injuries, I'm concerned for his current health but not throwing the injury-prone label on him. Outside of the every wrestler is injury prone label. If Swagger kicking Dolph in the head too hard is any indication I wouldn't expect to see much more Jinder Mahal on our televisions

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yeah I get injuries happen and all that. But if Finn got called up a year earlier than when he did he would of been on a different path with different opponents. But instead Triple H likes to keep wrestlers with 10-15 years of experience in "developmental" basically just so he can push his own brand. Now Balor is pretty much a lost cause
How is he a lost cause?

The dude's had 2 freak accident injuries. It is way too early to declare him injury prone. Accidents happen. It's not like this is concussion number 56 in a short time.

Balor will be fine. Vince and Hunter like him too much to just depush him because of one single concussion.

If Mr. injury prone Dolph Ziggler still gets TV time Balor will be fine.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
No

Reactions: Prince Bálor