Finishers!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Klide

Do you guys thinks finishers blow off spoil a match? Like at least 90% of the time or even more ussualy result the end of matches. I remember dinosaur matches had roll up victories which we rarely see now a days not unless that roll up victory is done by a heel. But there are some finishers like ex RKO which dosent really spoil any thing because its fast and u rarely saw it coming (if orton didnt do that stalkerish thing) but for finishers such as Cena's attitude ajustment he just stands there posing and u now the rest. I know this thread sounds a bit stupid but any thoughts?

LKP

I like the suddenness of the rko but he dont do it a much now. And when eh does he stalks them yeah. I feel a finisher should be used to finish most matches yeah. A roll up out of the blue is good for young face upsetting the heels.

MizMasta3000

Idk i kind of like ending a match in finishers. Especially for new talent (i was disappointed when Eric Escobar rolled Matt Hardy up in his debut). Sometimes its retarted like when u do a move that could finish the match but you pick ur opponent up to do a finisher or wait for them to get up.

Finishers have gotten really stupid nowadays imo. MVP, Mark Henry, Shad, are amongst those with the worst finishers ever

Klide

Idk i kind of like ending a match in finishers. Especially for new talent (i was disappointed when Eric Escobar rolled Matt Hardy up in his debut). Sometimes its retarted like when u do a move that could finish the match but you pick ur opponent up to do a finisher or wait for them to get up.

Finishers have gotten really stupid nowadays imo. MVP, Mark Henry, Shad, are amongst those with the worst finishers ever

Meybe he didnt have a finisher lol

But

Most exciting finishers:If they suddenly appear out of no where

Sweet chin music
Spear
RKO
Code Breaker (even walls of Jericho but he rarely wins by them)

Worst Finishers:
MVP
Cm Punk
619 just bores the hell out of me lately

Honerably menitions: Good finishers
Kelly kellys leg drop thing is pretty intense lol seriously
Jack swaggers finisher is pretty cool also

MizMasta3000

I like Dolph Ziggler's "Zig Zag" (Thats what i heard JR call it once) because he makes the simple concept of slamming someone's head back in the mat so intense

Kelly kellys leg drop thing is pretty intense lol seriously

K2, Kelly Killer, that tilt-a-whirl Kelly's move arsenal is awesome

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I'm OK with finishers that take a while to set up. Because before that, the guy does like a couple of moves that show that the finish is coming up. the face makes a comeback after getting dominated, the crowd goes wild, and it builds up to the finish.

the quick finisher or the rollup is better for heels. they usually dominate a match, and interrupt a face comeback that way.

Kizza

Finishers are what they're called. Why not have one like Cena's which takes a while. Not all finishers can be quick. Some need to be built up.

Airfixx

I like sudden finnishers too. RKO, Stunner, SCM, Pay Dirt, Zig Zag.

There are exceptions tho'.... Such as:

When the finnisher totally fits the gimmick (Taker/Tombstone)
When a suitably powerfull looking guy has a finnisher that is powerful & "devastating".

...And of course for entertainment factor top rope finnisher once in a while is cool although I'd rather see a sweet looking frog splash from RVD or Eddie G or Savage like elbow than a I would 1020-uber-sault.

Ankle lock rocks da spot too... I mean I used to love watching Angle or Shamrock looking like rabid animals refusing to let go and... "now he's got the leg grapevined - There's NO escape now! etc."... Excellent stuff! (The ankle lock segments in Angle/HBK @ WM21 is are just sick!)

Dynamo

Reaction score
I must admit, I hate finishers with a typical build up!

It's most annoying with the pedigree. Reason being that I love the pedigree, but it rarely comes out of the blue. It is typically preceeded by the high knee, followed by the Knee smash, then the spine buster, and then the kick, then the pedigree.

It is a really good build up, don't get me wrong. And a HHH spine buster is as good as anyone's, but not for practically every match and in the same order!

Airfixx

^^^Bret Hart syndrome (without interuptions for pin attempts).

As for the likes of the GTS & A.Adjustment being predictable & posey and signalling their intention to the oponent too much, whilst they're prepard to show peeps fighting to break free (successfully at times) then it's no prob IMO.

MizMasta3000

The Rock's Peoples elbow had build up and no one got sick of it

Airfixx

LOL... I hated it from the off. I can't stand it when guys spend more energy hyping a move than a) they spend on actually delivering the blow and b) than it does damage to their opponent. Admittedly I just kinda got used to it eventually; prob just succumbed to Rocky's charisma, tbh.

MVPs 'ballin elbow' has dented my enthusiasm for him in a big way too.

The Rated R CMStar

I always hated the People's Elbow. And CM Punk has done a good job spicing up the way he sets his opponent up for the GTS

MizMasta3000

I always found it interesting how Scotty 2 Hotty did all that dancing for the Worm just to chop someone in the chest.

Lol'd at his worm to Perry Saturn on that DX and Radicalz vs Mick Foley Too Cool and rock match. Perry sold that shit

noumenon

Yeah, I've always loved the quick out of nowhere finishers as well. The RKO is among my favorites, however he rarely uses it anymore.
Dolph's Zig Zag is essentially a reverse RKO.

The FU/Attitude Adjustment to me has always looked extremely weak, essentially the same as a hip toss bump is it not?

I love the GTS, falling straight into a knee in the mouth seems pretty fuckin cool to me.
Same with Jericho's code breaker. I've always thought he needed an impact finished into his move set.