Figure Four Leg Lock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Pop Tatari said:
How long before miz wears this?
f
3fe6da49d5f31a3e0094eee5551da481.jpg

AJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Miz

Reactions: Swift

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
When HHH and HBK started to use it from time to time I thought it was cool..

But when Miz uses it.. :facepalm:

Reactions: Swift

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
If you ever need reason as to why Miz shouldn't use the figure four just watch Raw last night.

Ziggler still made it look incredible though :lol1:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
leojay said:
1358830511050.gif

Holy shit that was awful.

Christ. It's looks even worse after looking at it again... and again. :eww:

Miz sucks. :idontcare:

Reaction score
The Miz talked on the WWE APP about that saying how he screwed up and how he needs to get help from Flair to teach him how to do it properly. It was only 30 seconds but it was probably the best Miz has sounded as a face. That hurts me to say because he's my favorite. Miz needs his own version of it though, not Ric Flairs. Modify it a little. Make it look more painful.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
It seriously looks like he has no idea wtf he's doing. :dawg:
I've done a better one to my 2 year old sis.. :haha:

Oh wait... that's kinda weird :urm:

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
TheoneandonlyDC said:
The Miz talked on the WWE APP about that saying how he screwed up and how he needs to get help from Flair to teach him how to do it properly. It was only 30 seconds but it was probably the best Miz has sounded as a face. That hurts me to say because he's my favorite. Miz needs his own version of it though, not Ric Flairs. Modify it a little. Make it look more painful.

I've not seen the video but I imagine it was done extemporaneously, knowing that Miz had fucked up. I also have no idea why Dolph would sell it like mad if it was meant to be highlighting Miz's poor delivery of the move.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I just watched Raw. Sure, he did it like crap. It's going to be hard to convince me that he deserves to do it. Hopefully I change my mind soon, because it's awful for me at the moment.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
He cocks up once and people say he shouldn't use it? Wow people are fickle. That entire set up for it from last night was sloppy and bad. Both men are to blame for it.
But saying he shouldn't use a move he's probably only used a total of 3 times because of a botch is like saying Punk shouldn't use the GTS due to botching it from time to time, or Cena shouldn't use the STF if he botches it. People are quick to judge. His delivery of it on Smackdown was good so I'll chalk it up to situation. Give it time and actually let the dude get used to the hold.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
To be fair, I said he shouldn't use it before he messed up. That is just further proof :dawg: What does a move CM Punk does exclusivly have to do with a move that Miz took from someone else? The coorleation doesn't match well. The whole reason why it's a big deal is because someone else used it.....

Stopspot

Reaction score
Danielson said:
To be fair, I said he shouldn't use it before he messed up. That is just further proof :dawg: What does a move CM Punk does exclusivly have to do with a movie that Miz took from someone else? The coorleation doesn't match well. The whole reason why it's a big deal is because someone else used it.....

Punk stole the GTs from Japanese wrestler Kenta. My point still stands. Miz was given the Figure four by Flair which means that Flair is okay with it. there are no sources of Kenta handing over the GTS willingly to Punk either.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Stopspot said:
Punk stole

Here lies my main point, my friend. Also you are really splitting hairs. My main post was about iconic moves. Some move that a japanese wrestler did, that many people are unaware of, is mute.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Danielson said:
Here lies my main point, my friend. Also you are really splitting hairs. My main post was about iconic moves. Some move that a japanese wrestler did, that many people are unaware of, is mute.

So are you saying that Miz shouldn't use it at all or that he should have waited with adding it to his arsenal until he had trained more in how to use it?

I have a hard time seeing Vince just taking the move from Flair considering the amount of respect Vince has for Flair and the friendship between Flair and HHH. Flair has had to have had a say in who gets the figure four and he seems to see something in the Miz. And I think Flair's opinion on the figure four carries a lot of weight.

The entire subject area of iconic moves is fishy. Since Flair made the figure four his I don't think there have been any other wrestlers who have used it in the last ten or fifteen years (in the wwe) and thus I find it unlikely that they are taught it in developmental. Thus I can have some understanding of Miz botching it in a high tempo situation (which that part of the match was, it was pretty high tempo). Practice makes perfect and that is something I will hold on to. I also say that he should make the move his and not have it look exactly like Flair's, because if he just does it exactly like Flair then he will never "do it right".