Figure Four Leg Lock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Just passing the torch.
It's a bit weird that it's The Miz, would have fit better with Ziggler or Rhodes.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I saw that move and it wasn't the same as Flair. Miz kind of just sits there when he does it, so it's bland. For a move like Flair's to be passed down you think there would be more hype but not really. I liked how Miz didn't get the Skull Crushing Finale, so it forced him to use that move, it was sweet. I think Miz should be more fluent with it as well.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
Just passing the torch.
It's a bit that it's The Miz, would have fit better with Ziggler or Rhodes.

Somehow I don't see Ziggler doing the figure four. Just because he looks like a young Ric Flair and reminds us of him doesn't mean he should be doing Flair's moves (in my opinion). With Cody I could see the irony of him using the hold that many associate with his father's arch enemy. We will get used to Miz using it in time just as Miz will get better at doing it in time, practice makes perfect so to say.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I really see more HBK in Ziggler than Flair by a long shot. Flair was all about embodying what a champion should be imo (the parties, arrogance, clothing and accessories saw to that) Miz as a heel especially when he held the title was a lot closer to Rics character imho.

Aside from the hair colour what traits does he share with Flair actually? Comedic selling counts too.

Stopspot

Reaction score
seabs said:
I really see more HBK in Ziggler than Flair by a long shot. Flair was all about embodying what a champion should be imo (the parties, arrogance, clothing and accessories saw to that) Miz as a heel especially when he held the title was a lot closer to Rics character imho.

Aside from the hair colour what traits does he share with Flair actually? Comedic selling counts too.
True. Dolph is a HBK kind of character. I think that a lot of people just see the hair and think Flair. Ziggler already has the sleeper as well.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Not really a fan of Miz using the Figure 4 tbh. Not sure why, it just doesn't feel right. It's not that I don't think anyone should use it, but I just don't think Miz is the right guy for it.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
I like it when wrestlers do small tweaks to moves to make them individual, just like Dolph doesn't look like Shawn when he does the superkick.
:true: oh and is the sleeper hold a finisher? Cuz every time he uses it , he always gets hit by a counter LOL

Stopspot

Reaction score
rgbnba said:
:true: oh and is the sleeper hold a finisher? Cuz every time he uses it , he always gets hit by a counter LOL

It's a signature move. Ric Flair himself didn't win many matches with the figure four. There was a report that he actually told the Miz something along the lines of "I hope they let you win matches with it, because they sure didn't let me!" or similar.

Stopspot

Reaction score
seabs said:
I wonder if Miz will also inherit his inability to do a move off of the top rope.

Worst case scenario: He inherits the ability to instablade.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Primo is still employed?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Granted, I didn't see the beginning of this strange little partnership. It just seems really random for some reason... on paper, Miz and Flair should fit but they really don't...

Stopspot

Reaction score
Rain said:
Granted, I didn't see the beginning of this strange little partnership. It just seems really random for some reason... on paper, Miz and Flair should fit but they really don't...
I'll streamline it for you. Miz has a talkshow called Miz TV. Flair was the guest on the 20th anniversary of RAW to talk about RAW memories. Cesaro came out and verbally tore down Flair (He said the four horsemen handsign now only stands for his four x-wives etc) and Miz told him to GTFO. As Cesaro was leaving Flair chopped him a bit and sent him to the ground. Flair then teased the figure four but told Miz to do it. Lots of wooing en elbow dropping sportscoats ensured.

Reactions: Snowman1

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
How long before miz wears this?
f
3fe6da49d5f31a3e0094eee5551da481.jpg