Favourite stand up comedian?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
Stand-up comedy sucks. Anyone can read jokes written by people they are paying.

Clearly you've not seen any good stand-up. They have thousands of people staring at them while they stand on a (mostly) empty stage and try to say something funny and you think that's easy? It's all about presentation even if the jokes aren't their own. You could have the best jokes in the world at your fingertips but they'll mean nothing if you can't present them.

Anyway, classically I'd going for George Carlin or Richard Pryor; a lot of comedy these days is way too saturated with fear of getting branded non-politically-correct. Not all comics though, exceptions are Frankie Boyle and Louis CK.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Greg Giraldo. Educated as hell, hilarious even when he did shows. Extremely intelligent and just so damn cut throat. Shame he had to rock so many pills.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Frankie Boyle, Russell Howard and Jack something. The one that's always miserable.

Jack Dee you're thinking of. Not really a fan of him nor Russell Howard. Howard just seems to speak in a stupid voice to get laughs all the time, used to irritate me back when he was on Mock the Week.

TKK

Reaction score
Funny I just saw this thread today actually because my boyfriend showed me vids today of this stand up comic, Joe Rogan, (who is also a black belt in karate and is teaching the current world champ of UFC some moves) standing up to Carlos Mencia for constantly stealing material. Thought it was an interesting dilemma.

Carlos Menstealia. :tyson:

Rogan fucking destroyed him, but it was really none of his business. It was Ari's joke that was stolen and if he was man enough he would have confronted Mencia about it before his BJJ black belt and tae-kwon-do champion friend stood between them. Mencia is a piece of shit, but he's definitely got his punishment for stealing by now. His name will forever be synonymous with theft so much that no one will even care about his comedy.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Carlos Menstealia. :tyson:

Rogan fucking destroyed him, but it was really none of his business. It was Ari's joke that was stolen and if he was man enough he would have confronted Mencia about it before his BJJ black belt and tae-kwon-do champion friend stood between them. Mencia is a piece of shit, but he's definitely got his punishment for stealing by now. His name will forever be synonymous with theft so much that no one will even care about his comedy.
agree to disagree. Mencia stole a grip of jokes from comics, and Joe Rogan is a damn boss giving him the shitting on he deserves. The people he steals jokes from have also made comments/jokes about it, but most are lower level comics, who dont have the attention Rogan gets. Mencia is garbage.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Meant i totally agree lol, i cant seem to edit ATM.

TKK

Reaction score
Rogan said himself that people who don't stick up for themselves in comedy are the reason why people continue to steal jokes years before he confronted Mencia. He's a boss for stepping up and settling shit, but Ari's a little bitch for letting a comic steal his shit, do nothing and then get his friends to sort it out for him, in my opinion.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Rogan said himself that people who don't stick up for themselves in comedy are the reason why people continue to steal jokes years before he confronted Mencia. He's a boss for stepping up and settling shit, but Ari's a little bitch for letting a comic steal his shit, do nothing and then get his friends to sort it out for him, in my opinion.
i'm almost positive Ari has spoken about it, just he doesnt get the relevant tv talk Rogan does. Agreed on what Rogan said though, the difference is dude is a legit badass, so when he speaks up you can listen, or get knocked the fuck out.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Russell Howard - John Bishop, Kind of Stand-up Jeff Dunham

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e