Favorite video games

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
Cloud said:
So so true. Should never have been numbered.

Fourteen was the biggest fail. They had to scrap the game after release and redo the whole thing.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Never even played it out of spite, was it any good?

Same as u mate never played it haha!

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Laura said:
Fourteen was the biggest fail. They had to scrap the game after release and redo the whole thing.

Wasn't aware there was a 14. Thought 13-2 was the last one.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Just got 13 out of a Walmart bargain bin, heard some terrible things but have to try it.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Just got 13 out of a Walmart bargain bin, heard some terrible things but have to try it.

There's a character called Vanille - terrible voice acting, but amazing character. Try not to hate her on sight.

Overall, though, it's an okay game. Linear, not much customization. Pretty crap, really, but I'm a fangirl.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:

I couldn't stand it just didn't sit right with me for some reason. May give it another go now the initial hype is over and go into it with low expectations and see if it works that way.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Never even played it out of spite, was it any good?

I played the ten-day trial. It was awkward on PC, and not much of a JPRG. Too MMO-ish.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
Cloud said:
Wasn't aware there was a 14. Thought 13-2 was the last one.

Fourteen was their second attempt at an MMO. Like I said, total fail. They had to refund subscriptions.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
When will companies learn they can't compete with WOW. Just stick to what you do best JRPGs, I hate these action RPGs, bring back turn based!

10 was the last great FF IMO.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
FF6 and 7 are the best. I thought it was steadily downhill from there. FF8 was a disposable teen romance, FF9 was simplistic and weird, FF10 was melodramatic and dull, and FF12 had over-balanced gameplay and an MMO-ish feel. FF13, I have mixed feelings about. It sucks, yes, but I have a strange love for it.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Laura said:
FF6 and 7 are the best. I thought it was steadily downhill from there. FF8 was a disposable teen romance, FF9 was simplistic and weird, FF10 was melodramatic and dull, and FF12 had over-balanced gameplay and an MMO-ish feel. FF13, I have mixed feelings about. It sucks, yes, but I have a strange love for it.

7,8,9,10,12 I loved them all.

7 for obvious reasons great story one of the greatest villains of all time and great side quests.

8 despite squall being a douche. Really enjoyed had some great battles, a epic card game which led to such a monumental side quest.

9 was hit and miss but I really enjoyed it again the card game for me made it cool

10 I enjoyed the storyline a lot. Blitzball was great and the monster arena was awesome especially the stupidly hard battles from collecting all the creatures in certain areas. There was one in there that made the end boss look like child's play can't remember it's name.

12 a lot of people hated this but I enjoyed the chasing down of marks and didint mind the storyline too much yes I missed the turn based style combat but it still had a great amount of charm.

13. For me was so tedious and had no epic sidequests imo and I didn't like the combat system one iota.

All the early ones I have briefly played but have a poor memory and don't remember them well and haven't played them enough.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Cloud said:
7,8,9,10,12 I loved them all.

7 for obvious reasons great story one of the greatest villains of all time and great side quests.

8 despite squall being a douche. Really enjoyed had some great battles, a epic card game which led to such a monumental side quest.

9 was hit and miss but I really enjoyed it again the card game for me made it cool

10 I enjoyed the storyline a lot. Blitzball was great and the monster arena was awesome especially the stupidly hard battles from collecting all the creatures in certain areas. There was one in there that made the end boss look like child's play can't remember it's name.

12 a lot of people hated this but I enjoyed the chasing down of marks and didint mind the storyline too much yes I missed the turn based style combat but it still had a great amount of charm.

13. For me was so tedious and had no epic sidequests imo and I didn't like the combat system one iota.

All the early ones I have briefly played but have a poor memory and don't remember them well and haven't played them enough.

Are you called Cloud because of Mr.Strife?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Are you called Cloud because of Mr.Strife?

Purely for that reason sir. Was the first video game that really captured my imagination and I have so many fond memories of having mates over and all playing with multiple tv's and playstations pulling all nighters to grind levels and work through areas together.