• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fantasy wrestling!

Interested in Fantasy Wrestling?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crayo

The Boss
There's a difference between members who come on, and members who are active community members. Tzesi, seabs, yourself, CM Punk etc are all community members. Been here for a while, come on daily, post in all sections. A lot of our members come on days like RAW, day after RAW. You expect to see this on a wrestling forum. Activity naturally declines on days like Wednesdays, Thursdays especially. If we can averagely hit 50 members per day most days then sure. Our average is about 28-32 atm or something. Still only a month and a half old, we can't rush into these things :)

Crayo said:
There's a difference between members who come on, and members who are active community members. Tzesi, seabs, yourself, CM Punk etc are all community members. Been here for a while, come on daily, post in all sections. A lot of our members come on days like RAW, day after RAW. You expect to see this on a wrestling forum. Activity naturally declines on days like Wednesdays, Thursdays especially. If we can averagely hit 50 members per day most days then sure. Our average is about 28-32 atm or something. Still only a month and a half old, we can't rush into these things :)

Well yes it is a wrestling forum but if you implement Fantasy Wrestling you'll most likely see more people active because they actually have something to do, because most people on here only watch RAW like you said and then logs out. But if you get Fantasy Wrestling people will consider being active you could possibly open a poll or something and you'd see for yourself.

But that's my opinion though.

Hey guys, I'm a new member but I've got a ton of experience with e-feds, having created a pretty successful one myself on a different site. Figured I'd chip in some thoughts about this discussion.

First off, on the issue of characters... while many e-feds definitely do use existing WWE and TNA characters, this is probably not the smartest route to go. WWE in particular has been known to go after websites that use their characters or trademarks without permission in things like eFeds, so creating original characters instead would probably be a good "better safe than sorry" policy. Besides, when you create your own original characters, you can grow much more attached to them, as they can pretty much act as extensions of yourself. You give them whatever gimmick and character you want, and have a lot more freedom with how they would talk or act. Let's face it, anybody writing for someone like The Rock would feel tempted to lace his catch phrases in promos, and while it'd be fun to do that, there's nobody who does it better than Dwayne Johnson himself.

Second, I think it's worth mentioning that there are different varieties of efeds, each with their own merits. The one that (I think) is being discussed most here is the most common variety, in that you role play as a wrestler and compete by writing interviews/promos. Feuds are carried out mostly through words. There are different ways that winners can be determined. Sometimes there are set judges who pick the promo that was better. Sometimes it's set up for a popular vote. But whatever the case, feuds are carried out through these promos, and people who win enough promo battles become champions of the efed.

The type of efed that I run involves more work, but is a more accurate simulation of a wrestling federation, which is why it's called a "sim fed." In this type of game, there is a group of members that act as the game's creative team, and they carefully plan out storylines among the various characters that people have created for the game. The game, then, becomes a text-based version of a real federation... people write out matches between their characters, they write out promos, etc, all based on what the creative team has booked on the card for that week's show. Any member who is assigned a match or promo works with the writer(s) for the other character(s) in that match or promo to complete the assignment, then they turn it into the bookers, who compile all of the completed assignments to post in one show. So this requires a greater time commitment from writers and particularly bookers, but deeper storylines can be created as a result.

It's a bit hard to explain I guess, but if people are interested I'd be willing to give an example of a match or a promo from this format. Let me know.

It all comes down to what you want to get out of your efed experience. If you're looking for a quicker, simpler and more accessible type of federation and one that's easier for new members to jump into without much of a learning curve, the type that's being discussed in this thread will be a lot of fun. If you're looking to really channel your creativity and writing skills and be a part of in-depth stories, then the sim fed will provide that.

That's my $.02 for now! And also, if you're interested in researching a bit more what ewrestling entails, the following link is an e-fed wiki that tons of different fed creators use to keep track of their histories. http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

And, here's a bit more about the different types of efeds: http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/E-federation

Anonymous

The Artiste
reyflyinfury619 said:
[...]

That's my $.02 for now! And also, if you're interested in researching a bit more what ewrestling entails, the following link is an e-fed wiki that tons of different fed creators use to keep track of their histories. http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

And, here's a bit more about the different types of efeds: http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/E-federation

Thanks for summarizing this thread, lord knows I needed a synopsis. It may seem blasphemous to be a developer on a WWE forum, yet not have much interest in the actual sport, but I get by.

The main part that interests me about fantasy wrestling is the potential for some great RPG features, some that might be trivial to implement when the rules and foundations for fantasy wrestling are already in place.

I'll read through those links sometime later when I have more time.

I understand if you're hesitant to link to the forum with your efed (learn ALL the lingo), but feel free to message me a few forums that have live examples of fantasy wrestling. I'm a simple man. Simple man need example. Simple man happy that way.

Oh, and welcome.

Anonymous said:
Thanks for summarizing this thread, lord knows I needed a synopsis. It may seem blasphemous to be a developer on a WWE forum, yet not have much interest in the actual sport, but I get by.

The main part that interests me about fantasy wrestling is the potential for some great RPG features, some that might be trivial to implement when the rules and foundations for fantasy wrestling are already in place.

I'll read through those links sometime later when I have more time.

I understand if you're hesitant to link to the forum with your efed (learn ALL the lingo), but feel free to message me a few forums that have live examples of fantasy wrestling. I'm a simple man. Simple man need example. Simple man happy that way.

Oh, and welcome.

Hi Anonymous I have a few examples for you right here:

http://gahwo.proboards.com/ (Good to understand, check their On-Air and RP Shows section)

http://s13.invisionfree.com/prowrestlingonline (Doesn't have that much posts but worth a peek)

http://www.pwsforums.com/forums/116-E-Fed-FWA-Fantasy-Wrestling-Alliance (Advanced one)

leojay

Champion
Crayo said:

Wouldn't something as original as this only get more people active on this forum? It's very unique and I haven't seen it else where, it'd separate us from the large amount of other wrestling forums out there, that's for sure.

Crayo

The Boss
Leojaay said:
Wouldn't something as original as this only get more people active on this forum? It's very unique and I haven't seen it else where, it'd separate us from the large amount of other wrestling forums out there, that's for sure.

No it doesn't, it's a popular feature.

No one has made a thread explaining how this particular eFed is going to work yet, so as of right now it won't get made. Need a proper thread.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Crayo said:

No one has made a thread explaining how this particular eFed is going to work yet, so as of right now it won't get made. Need a proper thread.

I agree with this. You can't try to dive in head first without working out the details first. Patience is key

Asskicker

Champion
Can I be Christian when we start this thing? Because I know a lot of good wrestlers will be taken or else if not Christian than Cody Rhodes!

Or else I would love to be a part of Creative because I think I can bring something to the table. Plus, I need the help on promos because I will need those skills in the near future. Or else if my 3rd choice is Colt Cabana. If I can be Daniel Bryan......

Crayo said:

Squeeze your head through the thread there's 4 pages of information, some guy at page 5 explains Fantasy Wrestling and he runs a long-running E-Fed why don't you read his post and do what he say? Why don't you read through all posts? I'm sure i've posted like 4-5 forums containing E-Feds and it's pretty much self-explanatory.

There's a wiki on E-Feds:

The basics of E-Feds: http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/E-wrestling

Different types of E-Feds: http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/E-federation (Information about E-Feds and what types there are and how you perform them)

Why don't you read through these documents? They have all the information you need..

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Zamorakian said:
Squeeze your head through the thread there's 4 pages of information, some guy at page 5 explains Fantasy Wrestling and he runs a long-running E-Fed why don't you read his post and do what he say? Why don't you read through all posts? I'm sure i've posted like 4-5 forums containing E-Feds and it's pretty much self-explanatory.

There's a wiki on E-Feds:

Main page: http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Different types of E-Feds: http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/E-federation

Why don't you read through these documents? They have all the information you need..

There are different kinds. Which one is ours going to be? It's gonna be your thing so it's your choice.

seabs said:
There are different kinds. Which one is ours going to be? It's gonna be your thing so it's your choice.

I would definitely not want WWEForums to be sued and taken down by WWE for Copyright Infringement right? The original one seems pretty good in that case.

There are three types to choose from:

Original federations - Original federations is where the promotion makes little to no reference to real-life wrestling and depicts make-believe pro wrestlers and events, but usually borrows images from real-life federations as well as pop culture.

OR

*Roleplay federations - These federations base all match overcomes on the evaluation of judges, or for that matter, its fedhead or staff. Winners are only determined by a decisive selection of who delivered the best effort in their roleplays for an event. This is the best type of federation from a competitive standpoint, allowing roleplayers to truly challenge themselves. However, strict RP federations don't take angles into account, if at all. Matches are put together by the federation fedheads rather than a strict booking team.

OR

Angle federations - These federations are run more similarly to a real life wrestling promotion. In this case, angles or storylines are created and planned ahead of time and writers roleplay for events knowing where the angle is going, but without knowing the final result. The "winner" of an angle is determined on the strength of their overall efforts rather than on a week to week basis. This style of federation involves slightly less submissions than a traditional roleplaying federation, but does require handlers to work more closely together.

In this case we have to create our own characters and gimmicks, but it's just my suggestion i don't know how the community or staff wants it. You can basically choose one of these three types i have listed by simply reading through them and then pick the best one.