Explain this.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Draine said:
We aren't talking about the quality of their careers or how hard they were pushed, we're talking about talent and entertainment value. Please tell me how Big Show has ever been more entertaining than Mark Henry was in that title reign last year.

Nobody here is defending the PG era, there's nothing defensible about the current WWE product. We're saying that the AE set the bar way too high for the current product, and that it's changed all of our opinions about how wrestling is supposed to be.

PG isn't the problem, but I'll agree that overly PG storylines have been. Hornswoggle painting a tunnel on a wall and running through it, Carlito running after him ran straight into the wall? Yeah, that didn't help. This isn't Looney Tunes. But we're saying that you can still have a good product in the PG format. You can still have good storylines, good matches, good promos, good feuds, good shoots, good moments, and a good show.

The era isn't shit because of PG, the era's shit because WWE isn't giving us this stuff. They have a really lazy creative team that doesn't know anything about wrestling, but they don't have a reason to shake up the soul-crushing status quo (thanks, Punk) until there's some competition.

Big show wouldnt have been around for longer if he wasnt entertaining. The fact that u dont find him entertaining is purely your opinion. The fact that Henry has been a jobber most of his career unlike the Big Show tells all.

AE certainly didnt set the bar too high. Then the Ruthless Agression era would have been hated on too. Explain why it isnt hated on.

So according to u the creative team suddenly got lazy with the introduction of PG? That sounds totally legit.
No to mention how much PG limits the entertainment level.

This is the case of some school kids, thinking themselves to be smarks or something, because they are sitting in a wwe forum, trying to defend the era which they are part of. You dont become Smart just by calling yourself a SMART mark.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.pro-wrestling.wwf/browse_thread/thread/c74708949ad715a4/56501b01dc10c6bd?lnk=gst&q=the+rock+sucks#56501b01dc10c6bd

> ALL HE DOES IS TALK. HIS MATCHES ARE SUB-STANDARD. HIS FANS ARE MOSTLY
> LITTLE GIRLS AND HOMOS WHO HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM. WHERE WERE ALL THESE
> FANS A YEAR AGO AT WRESTLEMANIA 15.
> THE ROCK SAYS.....THE ROCK SAYS.... I REALLY SUCK..

and one of the most untalented "wrestlers" ever to headline in a major
fed. He is pitiful to watch in the ring. Wrestling hell: a three
way shootfight between Sid, Hogan and the Rock.

I gotta say that is what has been brooding in my mind for a long time.
Finally, the rock... is getting REALLY annoying, and Show could kiss his gay
ass whenever he wanted to, but coz rock's popular, he isn't allowed to.

This is the IWC talking about Rock in 1999/2000 time. It sounds familiar doesn't it?

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Big Show is only hired because he's 7 ft tall and can walk and talk.

So is Khali and Kane. Nash is also almost 7 feet tall. So is Matt Morgan of TNA who had a pathetic attempt of a career at WWE.
When does height make u a main eventer? You and your pathetic excuses.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
True he's terrible at speaking, but he can actually talk. Khali can't.

He's a poor attempt at Andre to be honest. JeebaK would hate him too if he wasn't a superstar from the AE.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
He's always a credible opponent to the title due to his massive size alone. I can understand why they keep pushing him, but not for this long. The guy's incredibly boring in the ring, horrible on the mic, and we don't want to see him wrestle at 'Mania. If he should be doing what he does best, jobbing. Remember how impressive it was when Zeke kept bodyslamming him? Yeah, that didn't lead to anything because we were never given a reason to care about Zeke, but it was impressive.

I don't have a problem with him having a spot on the roster, when you have a creative team that loves to bury the entire roster (see Raw's heels), and there aren't any contenders for the title (Jericho, please come back!) you can always throw a jobber Show in the main event and he would still be a scary opponent due to his size alone as you build someone back up. He's a nice asset just because of that.

Khali standing there looking confused as his opponents run into his chops, not so much. Big Show might not be good, but you don't legitimately think you can jump the barricade and beat Big Show like you can with Khali.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
True he's terrible at speaking, but he can actually talk. Khali can't.

He's a poor attempt at Andre to be honest. JeebaK would hate him too if he wasn't a superstar from the AE.

as a matter of fact he has been around since before the beginning of AE. Do ur research kid.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
as a matter of fact he has been around since before the beginning of AE. Do ur research kid.

It doesn't dispute his claim, Austin was around long before the Attitude Era but people are still fans of him more for his Stone Cold run then as Stunning aren't they?

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
seabs said:
It doesn't dispute his claim, Austin was around long before the Attitude Era but people are still fans of him more for his Stone Cold run then as Stunning aren't they?

Stone Cold run or stunning run has nothing to do with attitude era. People like Stone Cold run because it was just BETTER? Really sometimes i have to argue with myself about whos dumber between you and Crayo.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
Stone Cold run or stunning run has nothing to do with attitude era. People like Stone Cold run because it was just BETTER? Really sometimes i have to argue with myself about whos dumber between you and Crayo.

Stone Cole Steve Austin had nothing to do with the Attitude era?

Reactions: JC4Life37

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
seabs said:
im just a Blue

Yes i know u r. However i will explain what i said. The two gimmicks had nothing to do with eras. U r trying to make it sound like Stone Cold = AE era, which it isnt, gimmick is gimmick, era is era. So people liking his Stone cold gimmick has nothing to do with AE.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
Yes i know u r. However i will explain what i said. The two gimmicks had nothing to do with eras. U r trying to make it sound like Stone Cold = AE era, which it isnt, gimmick is gimmick, era is era. So people liking his Stone cold gimmick has nothing to do with AE.

So Austin wasn't the embodiment of the Attitude Era as the face of it? Cool story changing the quote also It's a shame you can't edit my posts so it makes sense isn't it? :lol1: