Explain this.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JeebaK making me laugh again.

The ratings are down due to how bad the actual product is. They could put on a great show without blood and swearing in PG. I agree more edgyness is needed, but that can all happen under the PG era.

Henry > Big Show.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A "WWE sucks now" article? Here I am. You can stop waiting.

The PG Era is partially to blame because the working environment is so much safer, but it's better to dumb down the product than have another Chris Benoit. They wrote great storylines in the AE, and now they aren't even writing bad storylines. They had larger-than-life personalities then, there are hardly any personalities at all now. You had several different characters then, you have 2 different ones (cowardly heel or Superman face) now. They had a clear vision on how to make a main-eventer then, they can't figure it out now. There were legitimate shocking moments week after week then, a shocking moment now is Cena faking being taped via satellite. WWE loved the public image of being edgy in the AE, now they're all about "being a star". The AE didn't insult our intellegence like PG does. And the show just felt like a different product than the overly-scripted, overly-produced product we see now.

Which of these problems would be solved just by going back to TV-14?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
AE didn't insult our intelligence? A man running round with a sock on his hand was a world champion, sure Folely was a great talent but lets not try to rewrite history. Isn't that what caused a huge issue with the product if you get shocks every week? They become the norm so it isn't a shock. The AE is the reason we think this era is boring, not because it was great but because they over did the high spots causing classic story telling to be lost. We have no patience any more as a collective of fans so the WWE doesn't go with the slow approach any more. #ExpectingToBeFlamed

Reaction score
seabs said:
AE didn't insult our intelligence? A man running round with a sock on his hand was a world champion, sure Folely was a great talent but lets not try to rewrite history. Isn't that what caused a huge issue with the product if you get shocks every week? They become the norm so it isn't a shock. The AE is the reason we think this era is boring, not because it was great but because they over did the high spots causing classic story telling to be lost. We have no patience any more as a collective of fans so the WWE doesn't go with the slow approach any more. #ExpectingToBeFlamed

Not to mention the existence of a guy carrying a mannequin's head everywhere he went and a "superhero" becoming a Hardcore champion. Not taking anything away from them, though...

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
HoldNo712Armbar said:
Not to mention the existence of a guy carrying a mannequin's head everywhere he went and a "superhero" becoming a Hardcore champion. Not taking anything away from them, though...

Plus why didn't Vince just fire Austin from a kayfabe sense? Wrestling insults everyone's intelligence because it's made to happen in it's own little world where logic doesn't exist.

Reaction score
seabs said:
Plus why didn't Vince just fire Austin from a kayfabe sense? Wrestling insults everyone's intelligence because it's made to happen in it's own little world where logic doesn't exist.

And yet, here we are, discussing wrestling in a wrestling forum, while WWE insults our intelligence. I would worry too much about that.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
HoldNo712Armbar said:
And yet, here we are, discussing wrestling in a wrestling forum, while WWE insults our intelligence. I would worry too much about that.

Just because it can be an insult to our intelligence doesn't mean we can't still enjoy it though, like I say if you remove logic the WWE can be so much fun to watch.

Snowman1

Reaction score
seabs said:

#ActuallyMadeAGoodPoint

The AE was so good that there was no way to follow it up, and anything else would both be disappointing and harmed by the precedent set by this era. There was a really good youtube video about this, I'll link it later. The show was very entertaining in the AE due to the shocks every week, and it made most of us think that's what wrestling is supposed to be. Still, there were a bunch of things from the AE that are needed in the PG era.

I somewhat disagree with the "No Patience Any More" and "Slow Approach"... If they would have dragged out the CM Punk angle and not had him come back 8 days later, it would have worked so much better. (But then again, it was the only way to sell Summerslam.) They're taking the slow approach with the Drew Mcintyre storyline if the rumors are true and they aren't just burying him for fun.

As for the "insults our intellegence", you guys win for sure.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Drew lost in 20 seconds against Khali.

Rumor has it (famous last words) that they are doing a losing streak angle, which will abruptly end, impressing the ladies, therefore changing his character into an arrogant ladies' man. :facepalm:

WHY KHALI? :angry:

Snowman1

Reaction score
Crayo said:
But that's pathetic. Why can they not just use him how he should be used? The strong aggressive heel. I pray for people to watch him at EC last year.

This is WWE you're talking about...

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
seabs said:

Nope, shock doesnt get normal even if overly used. Explain why the shock value didnt get boring in the AE Era then?
And as for the AE making the PG era look bad, completely false again, PG era is making PG era look bad. After Attitude Era we still had the Ruthless Agression Era, nobody insulted that Era like they insult PG Era, even though it was below AE standards. Its just that WWE has sunk to a new low because of the PG Era. Targetting 6 - 15 year old kids as audience, what do u expect other than crappy shows?

Draine said:
Rumor has it (famous last words) that they are doing a losing streak angle, which will abruptly end, impressing the ladies, therefore changing his character into an arrogant ladies' man. :facepalm:

WHY KHALI? :angry:

Once again another awful thing about the PG Era. Most of the big name heels are arrogant show offs. Miz, Morrison (when he was a heel), Ziggler, Mcyntre (would be), Cody Rhodes.
Atleast Cody Rhode is trying to be a bit different that always being the arogant show off that wwe made him out to be at first.

seabs said:
Vader was billed at 450lbs.

Forgot about him, but Big Show had a better and much more sucessful career than him. Only exception can be Nash, but then again Nash doesnt fit the Fat Guy type of wrestler im talking about.

seabs said:
Rating are down but they had one of their most successful financial years (2010) under the PG banner. See I can twist facts too.

And ur point is? You are getting part of that money or what? What we the fans care about is how good the show actually is, not how much money they are earning.
Ofcourse they are earning more, thats why they went PG in the first place, it would dumb their show down, but increase their income.
If they cared about making their show better instead of adding more money to their pockets they wouldnt have went PG in the first place.
Nobody is twisting facts.

Crayo said:
JeebaK making me laugh again.

The ratings are down due to how bad the actual product is. They could put on a great show without blood and swearing in PG. I agree more edgyness is needed, but that can all happen under the PG era.

Henry > Big Show.

If they can, they why arent they? Is ur point that vince suddenly became a moron after the PG Era and started doing bad bookings?

You can laugh as much as u want. And trust me it wouldnt be hard for me to write down "Santino > Undertaker" at the end of post, not too hard to type, but the thing you are missing is relevant proof to support your claims. I havent seen any actual proof from you other than "blah blah pg is good, blah blah pg can deliver blah blah vince is doing abd bookins blah blah i like miz i never watched AE Era live so what i watch live is the best blah blah". Thats all there is to your comments.
While i pointed out that ratings dropped since the beginning of the PG Era your reply was "ratings down due to how bad the actual product is", so suddenly the product turned awful since the introduction of PG but PG has nothing to do with it. Sounds totally legit.

And as for Henry > Big Show. What Big Show has achieved in his career, it would take Henry atleast 10 careers to get anywhere near him. Not to mention Big Show is a brand name known almost all around the world, unlike Henry.

Snowman1

Reaction score
We aren't talking about the quality of their careers or how hard they were pushed, we're talking about talent and entertainment value. Please tell me how Big Show has ever been more entertaining than Mark Henry was in that title reign last year.

Nobody here is defending the PG era, there's nothing defensible about the current WWE product. We're saying that the AE set the bar way too high for the current product, and that it's changed all of our opinions about how wrestling is supposed to be.

PG isn't the problem, but I'll agree that overly PG storylines have been. Hornswoggle painting a tunnel on a wall and running through it, Carlito running after him ran straight into the wall? Yeah, that didn't help. This isn't Looney Tunes. But we're saying that you can still have a good product in the PG format. You can still have good storylines, good matches, good promos, good feuds, good shoots, good moments, and a good show.

The era isn't shit because of PG, the era's shit because WWE isn't giving us this stuff. They have a really lazy creative team that doesn't know anything about wrestling, but they don't have a reason to shake up the soul-crushing status quo (thanks, Punk) until there's some competition.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You're comparing Big Show's booking to Mark Henry's wrestling ability, that's why most people think you're a moron here JeebaK. I ignore the rest of your comments because they're completely moronic and repetitive. Why isn't Vince changing the product? Because he's making more money now than he ever did in the AE.