Explain this.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
It's WWE, it's for kids. Kids are not into deep thinking, they just want cool visuals. I'm telling you, we're getting too old for this shit.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JoeRulz said:
Not in the arenas, not in the merch stores.

To be honest it probably is more 18+ males in the arenas, it's close either way. Merch you might be right.

Overall though, ratings and viewerships are what they want to keep up, as advertisements are their main source of revenue, it makes more a lot more than merchandise that's for sure.

Lower ratings/viewers = less potential companies wanting WWE to advertise their product.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
It's about even between little kids and adults. Just the kids make their presence felt very strongly, yelling for Cena at Smackdown shows.

Windy, thanks. Triple H is still respected among the casual viewing audience, and many fans can see through John Cena's schtick. The kids and even non-wrestling fans are drawn to Rock/Cena, the adult fans that watch but aren't smarky or bitching on the internet will watch for HHH/Taker, while the IWC can't wait for Punk/Jericho. There's really something to draw from every fanbase here.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
To be honest it probably is more 18+ males in the arenas, it's close either way. Merch you might be right.

Overall though, ratings and viewerships are what they want to keep up, as advertisements are their main source of revenue, it makes more a lot more than merchandise that's for sure.

Lower ratings/viewers = less potential companies wanting WWE to advertise their product.

Talking about lower Ratings, how many times have wwe even touches the 4.0 mark since turning pg? like thrice as far as i remembe, it even sank to 2 at times.
In the Attitude era, and even at the WWE Ruthless Aggression era 4.0 wasnt such a rarity, it was achieved pretty often.
Seems like wwe is only targetting the kids' fanbase nowadays.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
JeebaK said:
Talking about lower Ratings, how many times have wwe even touches the 4.0 mark since turning pg? like thrice as far as i remembe, it even sank to 2 at times.
In the Attitude era, and even at the WWE Ruthless Aggression era 4.0 wasnt such a rarity, it was achieved pretty often.
Seems like wwe is only targetting the kids' fanbase nowadays.

Nothing to do with PG. Wrestling fans as a whole have changed, but it's not just that. With PG they can still have 4.0 ratings if they put on a great product. Just a month back they had a really good show on RAW and it was 3.57 which is a high for them. Once they realise the show draws more than any individual can, they'll get back to 4's. Just because there's no blood or swear words, doesn't mean people tune out.

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Mark Henry kind of sucks.. I hate how he goes over everyone, so I'm glad Sheamus beat Henry.. Henry is just like the Big Show, but with a tad bit more talent..

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Who has Henry gone over recently? He needed to go over Khali, Kane, Sheamus during his reign... none of them were relevant at the time anyway but had enough prestige to make Henry look strong.

He's no Big Show at all.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Who has Henry gone over recently? He needed to go over Khali, Kane, Sheamus during his reign... none of them were relevant at the time anyway but had enough prestige to make Henry look strong.

He's no Big Show at all.
Not to mention Mark has essentially been a jobber for the majority of his career.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Nothing to do with PG. Wrestling fans as a whole have changed, but it's not just that. With PG they can still have 4.0 ratings if they put on a great product. Just a month back they had a really good show on RAW and it was 3.57 which is a high for them. Once they realise the show draws more than any individual can, they'll get back to 4's. Just because there's no blood or swear words, doesn't mean people tune out.

Nothing to do with PG is just your opinion. Facts point otherwise. WWE ratings started to dropped since the PG era. Hence it can be assumed that PG era is to blame. Like i said before blood and freedom on the mic are big parts of what made wwf succesfull.
Dont try to post your opinion like its a fact. If u think pg has nothing to do with ratings dropping then try disproving my point of how rating started dropping since the pg era.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
Nothing to do with PG is just your opinion. Facts point otherwise. WWE ratings started to dropped since the PG era. Hence it can be assumed that PG era is to blame. Like i said before blood and freedom on the mic are big parts of what made wwf succesfull.
Dont try to post your opinion like its a fact. If u think pg has nothing to do with ratings dropping then try disproving my point of how rating started dropping since the pg era.

Rating are down but they had one of their most successful financial years (2010) under the PG banner. See I can twist facts too.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
RKO said:
Mark Henry kind of sucks.. I hate how he goes over everyone, so I'm glad Sheamus beat Henry.. Henry is just like the Big Show, but with a tad bit more talent..

Henry is nowhere near Big Show. Big Show has been in the business for around 15 years now, WCW WWF WWE all of them. Have been main eventer most of his prime. Henry has been just a jobber all throughout his prime, he might be a bit more flexible than Show, but that doesnt make him as talented as Show, Show is probably THE best wrestler EVER in wwe/wwf who is over 400 pounds.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
Henry is nowhere near Big Show. Big Show has been in the business for around 15 years now, WCW WWF WWE all of them. Have been main eventer most of his prime. Henry has been just a jobber all throughout his prime, he might be a bit more flexible than Show, but that doesnt make him as talented as Show, Show is probably THE best wrestler EVER in wwe/wwf who is over 400 pounds.
Vader was billed at 450lbs.