Euro 2012 predictions/Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I like the squad, but I think we may keep a few of the current defence for the next tournament as the highest age will be 33 and I think they can have one more tournament at that age. I woulda loved to se Sturridge at this tournament, and he will be top next time. Totally forgot about Kieran Gibbs, good shout. I would be starting The Ox though.

No idea why I never put Ox is lmao, he'd be in there ahead of Albrighton

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yes I am being serious, I'm sorry, but if our future consists of the likes of Welbeck, Sturridge & Carroll then I don't see us going progressing at all, more likely to go backwards. Also, I like Theo but I would never call him top notch, he's either very good or dire and don't see him having the consistency to be a top notch player.

You don't see why I or most the country sees Jack as a major talent? There's a reason why the FA are completely changing the grass roots system to try and produce talents with the Spanish traits and it's not a coincidence that Jack's name is frequently mentioned amongst that discussion given he has those traits.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
You're judging all these players off little experience. I'm not saying all of them are going to be great, and I do see some being bad, but wouldn't it be better to give them more of a chance before we write them off? All of those players you mentioned are still developing, and apart from Carroll none of them haven't had experience as being a consistent starter and all are still fairly young. I think we need to give them a chance before deciding that they will make England go backwards, negativity isn't exactly going to boost their confidence..

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Got a £2 bet on Spain winning 4-2 at 125-1.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Ronaldo is starting to get into form and Spain are horrible and boring.

Fancy the upset here.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Just to add my two cents from Sunday.

I was more let down by the performance than result. We were too easily caught out by simple long balls and after the first twenty minutes had very little of the ball, creating almost nothing. Italy counter attacked well and played some cracking football. The right team won, in the end England were happen to take their chances on pens. Don't agree it was a poor game mind.

Overall there have been more positives than negatives for England during the tournament. To top the group some thought we may not even get out of was good going, we were hard to beat pretty much throughout, the use of young players and Roy's substuntions mostly paid off, against Sweden we did show some flaw and the team spirit has been much better. Its a rebuilding job for England now we have a very wise manager who has got off to decent start. The time to judge will be in the next two years.

Unlike Prog I hope Portugal go out tonight they relay far too much on one player and that player is annoying. They are a medicore team IMO and don't belong in the final.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Worst game of the tourney so far.

Spain are a cancer to football.

Was torn between wanting Portugal to win but not wanting Fabregas to miss his peno.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Germans take this tourney either way.

Aniking

Reaction score
If I were in the Spainish team, I'd continue playing the same style, because clearly it's been working for four or so years now. I wouldn't give two shits whether anybody finds us entertaining as long as we win, because that's all it's about. If they win at the end of the day, their job's done and kudos to them. They've apparently not been playing as well as they did at the World Cup, yet they've still made it to the Final, so clearly they're doing something right. Boring or not, people need to live with it.

In saying all that, if they can't produce their best in the Final, Germany should win... provided they beat Italy of course.

Pete

Reaction score
Well! Portugal actually surprised me! WE CAN PLAY FOOTBALL?!? Who'd've thunk?! Since when are we a credible team?

With that said, I thought my heart would give out during extra-time (which is the only bit I saw). Spain were SO CLOSE, and unsurprisingly. I have a new found respect for our keeper (which keeps for my team, Sporting Lisbon, and whom I used to deride) for those two amazing saves. And to be honest, the defeat was entirely Paulo Bento's fault. Who in their right mind sends bloody BRUNO ALVES (known locally as the 'Cleaver') to do a real footballer's job?

Ah well, we went out with our heads held high, and did more than anyone ever expected us to.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If I were in the Spainish team, I'd continue playing the same style, because clearly it's been working for four or so years now. I wouldn't give two shits whether anybody finds us entertaining as long as we win, because that's all it's about. If they win at the end of the day, their job's done and kudos to them. They've apparently not been playing as well as they did at the World Cup, yet they've still made it to the Final, so clearly they're doing something right. Boring or not, people need to live with it.

In saying all that, if they can't produce their best in the Final, Germany should win... provided they beat Italy of course.

Good for them.

As a neutral viewer though, that shit is boring and I choose not to like it.

Aniking

Reaction score
Good for them.

As a neutral viewer though, that shit is boring and I choose not to like it.

If the timezones didn't prevent me from watching the Euros, I'd sit and watch every second of each Spanish game. I'm a neutral viewer too, yet I didn't find the Spanish team to be boring at all when I streamed them verse Italy, which is the only match I've been able to watch. I love the way they play and choose to like it. Their passing style isn't boring to me at all when you're not looking for entertainment.