Euro 2012 predictions/Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I agree Keith but another very forgettable game? That's very harsh, it has been a great tournament even though the quarterfinals have been disappointing. Group stage was great but this was another bad quarterfinal game and that can't be denied.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Tournament has been great I don't know how anyone can deny that. Sorry but Football isn't all about attack and fancy shit, if you want that, watch the Spanish league, the easiest league to win for a decent side. Football involves defence, it always has, and always will, as long as sides get chances and shit, I'm happy, heck, I didn't even mind the CL final. I like seeing good defence as much as I like seeing good attack, tell any team that they should not play defensive because you're not entertained, and they'll laugh in your face, at the end of the day a team is out to win a game, or sometimes draw, and if they have to defend a lot to do that then so be it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
To be fair the moment after I posted that I did reliase that it made it sound like I thought it had been a tournament, far from it. So far it has been an excellent tournament with lots of drama, good football and some unpredicatable games. It is just like Punk said the quarter finals so far have been a let down. The reason I didn't like last nights match was because it was such a easy win for Spain and after while they were happy just to pass the ball around for the sake of killing off the match rather than to provide a threat. It just wasn't a very interesting match, but it has been a good tournament so far, and I didn't mean to give any other impression.

As for today the one change I would make for England would be to put Milner in center midfeld and drop Parker. I am a fan of his, but so far he has been one of England's worse players in the Euros, and Milner is often better in the middle and does bring a more energy, also this would serve the Walcott problem as he could take Milner's place on the wing.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Well said Keith. I don't think this game will be very exciting today. It will probably have plenty of drama but this game is doomed to be a struggle in the midfield. I'm not sure if you want Milner in the midfield when you have Pirlo dribbling around. I know he's proven but I think Parker is the guy for Roy. I'm a Spurs fan so I'd love to see him on the field but Milner isn't a downgrade by any means. I just think with the problems of Johnson in the back, Milner will start at right wing.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Parker hasn't done anything wrong I wouldn't say, I just haven't seen enough from him, including in this game. Millner I'm sorry but he's not played well all tournament, he's been sloppy, missed an easy chance against France and always gives the ball away. So far England have been decent, but they need to step their game up, espescially Rooney.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Shit game, shit team.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
The entire team aside from the GK & Back five wasn't great...

Rooney and Welbeck were worse than Carroll, we fucked up every chance we had and we certainly wasn't gonna be Buffon with the attempts we were throwing at him.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Rooney was completely garbage as was Milner again.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Milner is way too out of league when he doesn't have the mid-field of Man City.

The positives for England is, yet again we got the penalty excuse, the back four was impressive, Hart is a good goalkeeper and we now know we need six better players on the pitch past the defense.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Milner is way too out of league when he doesn't have the mid-field of Man City.

The positives for England is, yet again we got the penalty excuse, the back four was impressive, Hart is a good goalkeeper and we now know we need six better players on the pitch past the defense.

Hart is a top keeper but he spent too much time trying to put Italys takers off than concentrating on the penalties with all the shouting and laughing at their takers.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Heartbroken right now. Let down by two players off my club team. International Football always comes first over club for me.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Penalty shoot outs are all about putting your opponents off than the actual shot stopping.

Seriously, Penalty shoot outs are all about luck, in School and College, never had a penalty scored against me because I always put them off, it's all the mindset with Penalties... Either you're gonna bury it or not.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
No Theo, no chance.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
It never worked, he just have just done the same as Buffon and concentrated, Coles pen was woeful