Euro 2012 predictions/Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Why is everyone getting scared of Spain anyway? We beat them in a friendly and there defense atm sucks. I'd prefer to face Spain over Italy who have a solid defense and can be dangerous in attack when Ballotelli steps it up.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Don't think it is a case of being scared of them it is just that they are possibley the best team in the whole Tournament there fore to advoid them at the last eight phase would improve our chances of making the semis. Friendly results don't mean anything. As for their defence I agree that they are suspect there however their way to counter that is the amount of procession they have in games also Alsono is one of the best holding midfelders in the world.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
But we may well win the group tomorrow which would mean we advoid Spain anyway. Either way it is going to be a very difficult game.

On that subject what would your England line-up be? The two big dilama's are weather to start Rooney on his return or stick with the front players who did so well against Sweden? And the other one is weather to drop Milner who has had a poor Tournament so far in favour of Walcott who made a big impact when coming on the other night. I think I would get Rooney straight involved in the starting lineup and see what happens as the match moves along, but I can also see a case for starting him on the bench.

Hart, Cole, Johnson, Terry, Jagieka, Parker, Gerrard, Walcott, Young, Welbeck, Rooney. Thats my lineup.
Sure we could, I just don't see us bettering France's result which obviously then leaves us in second place facing Spain.

For me, same team as last time out except Walcott coming in for Milner now he's passed fit and Rooney replacing Carroll who will play just behind Welbeck. If we're losing approaching the 60 minute mark i'd take a midfielder off and throw Carroll straight in.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I don't see how their defence is suspect, Ramos has prol been one of the best CB's in the whole thing, plus Pique & Alba are no slouches.

Arbeloa is pretty shit, granted, but so is Glen Johnson.

As for the group, France are playing a team already eliminated, whereas we are facing the hosts who can still make QF's with a win. Walcott NEEDS to play over Milner, can't stress that enough. Hate Milner so much.

Aniking

Reaction score
I can't see how Spain's defence is shit either. They've conceded one goal in three matches. Granted one of the teams they played was Ireland, but to just concede one goal in total against Italy and Croatia means their defence is no slouch.

I agree with Dale. Walcott over Milner, Rooney over Carroll, everybody else stays the same.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't see how their defence is suspect, Ramos has prol been one of the best CB's in the whole thing, plus Pique & Alba are no slouches.

Arbeloa is pretty shit, granted, but so is Glen Johnson.

As for the group, France are playing a team already eliminated, whereas we are facing the hosts who can still make QF's with a win. Walcott NEEDS to play over Milner, can't stress that enough. Hate Milner so much.

1. I just explained why Spain don't conceed many because of how well keep the ball and that is against pretty much every team they play. They do have a world class keeper that is true, but I still think the back four itself are suspect which was proved last night against Croatia. I don't rate Glen Johnson much, but so far he has had a good Tournament.

2. Sometimes playing against a team who are already out can be more dangeous as the preasure is off them. I wouldn't be suprised if Sweden give the French a few nervey moments tonight. I do think we will have to sattle for second in the end, but it would not be a stretch for us to win the group.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Milner starts, Roy getting his troll on :piper:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
We just beat the Ukraine 1-0 and Sweden won 2-0 against France, which means we top the group and face Italy in the Quarter Finals, whilst the French get Spain.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That'll do me! Better than we expected at the start. It was a scrappy win, but it was always going to be tougher game than most expected when the draw was made. Its another clear sheet and I doubt many throught we would top the group. Our weakest area so far has been our passing and that will have to improve against a side like Italy. It will be a very tough game, but they are beatable and progress has been made.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'm not going to post the recaps, but I'll post my predictions for the quarterfinals. The Uncommon One: NBA Finals/ Euro Cup Smash Pt 3

Portugal 3 Czech Republic 1- This is a rematch from Euro 2008 from group stage when Portugal won as well. I can't see the Czechs really winning this game but they'll be a pest through out the game. They run around a lot and can cause problems in the central midfield. Czechs have some players that have broken out in this tournament like Thomas Necid and Petr Jiracek who can cause problems. I think they'll score a garbage goal that Portugal is used to giving up that should have been cleared out but I expect Portugal to roll through. Ronaldo seems to be on form and they seem to be growing more confidence.

Germany 3 Greece 0- I actually got a game right going into the quarterfinals from my original predication before the tournament. I'm also keeping the same score despite Greece putting eight in the back probably. They'll likely be playing to go into penalties but it won't work with how good the Germans are. They'll miss Karagounis who is suspended after the awful yellow card he was given against Russia. I still can't believe UEFA still hasn't overruled that call (those clowns). Greece will be pleased to make this far but it'll be all over against Germany.

Spain 1 (4) France 1 (3)- The shocker pick right here is that this game will be going to penalties. This game is so even to call that I think it will be doomed to go to penalties. I'm not a fan of the shoot outs but their always seems to be at least one. Spain has Iker Casillas so that immediately gives them the edge for the win. This will be the best game of quarterfinals but it will end in a harsh way.

England 1 Italy 0- I'm really excited for this game don't get me wrong but this has a chance to be really boring. Both teams play more defensive and tend to be scrappy. I know Italy has loosed things up but England does a great job in defense to keep teams from getting any shots in the box. This game will be a bit tough to watch but with highly populated fan bases, people will love it. I'm going with the England win which might be upset and it might make me a little bitter picking against Italy. Chilleni might be out and I think England will be a problem with their speed late in games. Also Italy doesn't have the speed to really give problems to a strong England back four. I could be easily wrong but I think Italy's too young to beat a veteran England side.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Pretty poor game yesterday, it was always going to be a fluke if the Czechs were to get through. Ronaldo is in great form, but what a crybaby hey? Hopefully they will go out next round.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I can't stand Ronaldo but he's on another level right now. He had a terrific game so props to him. Another brutal game today, hopefully Germany can score 3 or 4. Hopefully this doesn't turn into Greek putting nine in the box and Germany barley squeezing out a 1-0 win.

I can't wait for Saturday and Sunday although England-Italy could be boring to watch. Spain vs France will be outstanding at least.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Germany are the real OG's of this tourney.

They are gonna rape Greece, murder them, and spit on their graves after.

Hopefully France beat that boring ass shit tappy tap team. England/Italy will be close, think England can outbully them though. Can see either Rooney or Balotelli getting sent off too.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I love how Ronaldo is proving people wrong on the field, but as a long time fan I hope he stops being a crybaby and wins fans over in that respect.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Tonights match was good for about the first twenty minutes and than it faded into another very forgettable game. Spain played within themselves and just did what they had to do and on this night it wasn't pretty.