Edge vs. Jericho....who's winning?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

I think this is probably the most even mania title match of all time. You can probably come up with as many reasons Jericho will retain, as why Edge will win.

I would say if the match goes on Last as the headline, Edge will win. If not, Jericho will win.

Who do you think will win, and why?

MizMasta3000

Jericho. I was sure Edge would win but he's been getting the upper hand on Y2J the past few weeks. Now his new SPEAR~! campaign I think Jercho will slip a win at mania causing Edge to do a Batista "I WANT MY REMATCH!" thing. After Extreme Rules, Edge will be champ though. Plus Jercho deserves a decent title reign.

noumenon

I'm really truly hoping Jericho wins. I'm really not feeling the feud in the least but, nor Edge's face turn. To use Jericho as a transitional champion would be a fucking crime. At least let this feud go a little past Mania to see if it can build a little more interest and have it culminate at a gimmick PPV, like TLC. I'm really hoping for Jericho in this one and I honestly wouldn't mind in the least bit if it completely dropped off with Jericho winning at Mania and Edge maybe heading to RAW or something.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I think they have to give it to Edge. Hes over big time, and has a lot of momentum going into this match.

Do you guys think it will go on last over Cena/Batista?

John

I want Edge to win, But I don't want Jericho to be totally buried.

Edge has appeared on Smackdown lately defeating everyone, And appears to have the upperhand going into Mania. But the problem I have with Edge winning this way is that it completely degrades Jericho. Maybe if it was back-and-forth for the next few weeks then maybe i'd change my mind on the whole angle. But as of this moment, It really looks like Jericho will win, Unfortunately.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Jericho because he totally deserves a decent run with the belt.

I also think that the reason this feud hasn't got any depth, Apart from Edge's shitty little face run is Because he will be drafted to Raw after Mania. So the angle will drop after Mania. Well that my theory anyway.

It's the only thing i can come up Why this feud has been built so badly. When it could have been done so mutch better.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
All i'm hoping for is that Edge is still able to outperform himself from years past.

Edge vs Jericho, Canadian vs Sure i'm Canadian in a main event where the quantity of quality of matches is long gone.

I'm not going to rent it, honestly what's the point last years wm was terrible. Renting wrestling PPVs just seems lol for a while now.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I totally agree last year's Mania sucked big time. But this years is stacked with good matches. Deffo worth getting IMO

straight_edge76

I would love to see Jericho get the win here but I don't realistically see it happening. Even though Edge's face turn has been complete shit, he has been booked as a strong face contender whereas Jericho is looking like a weak heel champion. Edge is looking stronger and stronger every week. But using Jericho as a transitional reign is total shit, he deserves a long, Undertaker length reign imo.

xtremebadass

I would say if the match goes on Last as the headline, Edge will win. If not, Jericho will win.

THIS.

I think Jericho vs. Edge will go on even before Taker/HBK and Bret/Vince. It will be a lackluster match and Jericho wins by either abrupt Codebreaker or even a roll up. They keep feuding after this in an attempt to make people care. They have to drop that SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR shit.

Mister J

Reaction score
I like the new chant Edge does. It gets the crowd into the action. He should stay as a face for a long time.

Soul_of_Ruby

Reaction score
THIS.

I think Jericho vs. Edge will go on even before Taker/HBK and Bret/Vince. It will be a lackluster match and Jericho wins by either abrupt Codebreaker or even a roll up. They keep feuding after this in an attempt to make people care. They have to drop that SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR shit.

Lol, yeah, I saw your youtube vid on it. That SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR nonsense needs to end.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I like the new chant Edge does. It gets the crowd into the action. He should stay as a face for a long time.

Hmmmm why doesn't that surprise me you tool.

Sorry 4 spamming but Jeeeeez he is a head fuck.

seX-Power

I don't mind Edge's face turn or the SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR thing, which I'm assuming was just a one time thing (so far at least). However, as much as Jericho deserves to retain I see Edge winning the title because it just seems like a typical WWE booking move; and they haven't had the Rumble winner win the title in 2 years.

Soul_of_Ruby

Reaction score
One other guy said it, but unless Edge-Jericho is the last match, then Jericho is retaining.