EDGE FACE TURN?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
The segment on RAW with Edge and Vickie definitely marked the end of an era and the beginning of a new one and could be an indication of an Edge face turn.... What are your thoughts on the possibility of a face Edge or atleast a tweener one?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
No. NO! NO! NO! The guy's too good as a heel, and now that he's lost Vickie, hopefully the WWE lets Edge go back to doing what he does best, and that's garnering heat and actually putting on good displays in the ring. Personally, I think his (more than likely) imminent feud with Punk could play off pretty well if they let Edge be creative and... edgy. Smackdown doesn't have the heel to replace him (seeing as Jericho's been thrust into the IC title card) and we're not sure that Punk can be the type of heel WWE would need.

No, just... Edge is perfect as a heel, especially if he has a bit of creative control, so hopefully they'll lean back in that direction now.

Klide

It sure looked like it during that segment but I sure hope not just like what Rko Legacy said dude is best at heel and I hope it stays like that cause I don't want little kids cheering for edge.

Reaction score
Id like to see him go to tweener, with the same heelish attitude. This would, however, involve either Jeff or Punk going Heel on SD. Since Jeff is injured, and basically the top face on SD and the WWE make all the WRONG moves with Punk, I don't see it happening.

But I too saw that, they could go that way after that promo. IF they wanted to do it, the door is WIDE open for them to make it successful. I think a tweener/heel V heel Punk would be fun to watch.

Kaedon

Reaction score
No, he was just acting like the ultimate heel. The problem is, it was what the fans wanted to see. If he had shit on them and given them what they didnt want to see, IE apologizing and making up with Vickie, she'd still be in the story. They needed a definite ending.

MizMasta3000

No. NO! NO! NO! The guy's too good as a heel, and now that he's lost Vickie, hopefully the WWE lets Edge go back to doing what he does best, and that's garnering heat and actually putting on good displays in the ring. Personally, I think his (more than likely) imminent feud with Punk could play off pretty well if they let Edge be creative and... edgy. Smackdown doesn't have the heel to replace him (seeing as Jericho's been thrust into the IC title card) and we're not sure that Punk can be the type of heel WWE would need.

No, just... Edge is perfect as a heel, especially if he has a bit of creative control, so hopefully they'll lean back in that direction now.

Maybe WWE is going to see if Punk can be as good a heel as Edge. Edge has been heel for a while now and maybe even that proposal to make Cena heel again(up my alley) would work as well. I see an E&C much anticipated reunion. Knicky I could see a tweener turn. Those damn kids wouldnt know shit about E&C which is why I bet if they came back together It wouldn't be the same. You would have to change Edge's entire gimmick and get rid of the rated R superstar that was in the making for 3 yrs.

The Rated R CMStar

Kaedon summed it. Edge was acting as the ultimate heel...the thing is it was against Vickie Guerrero, who the fans hate more. There was no indication OF HIM about turning face

Wrestling Station

Edge's best role is being a heel. It would be a stupid thing for them to turn him face. It will ruin years of heel injections imo.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
They're not going to turn Edge face just to see if Punk can be as good a heel. That was about one of the dumbest comments I've seen made on here, or any wrestling forum for that matter.

You don't take the top heel on Smackdown (maybe even the company) and hope CM Punk can maybe fill that void on Smackdown which doesn't have enough heels as it is. Maybe if Jeff was still there and Punk started getting some major heel heat and Edge was out for a couple months and returns to take out Punk, you could test it... but Punk is so over right now and so unknown as a heel that turning Edge face just for that would be about the dumbest thing the E ever did.

I think that's a comment Vince would fire a member of creative over. And Edge still managed to get booed last night during that segment anyways, which says a lot for the heat that he gets. Edge is independent again, it's time for him to be put back into the role that Mick Foley was hinting at. An Edge who doesn't give a fuck, doesn't need help, doesn't need to run away, just puts it all on the line and puts on good, exciting matches... even as a heel.

MizMasta3000

Which is why I had a change of heart and added to my comment. It sounds bad but what I was really thinking was to have Edge v Jeff v Punk and then continue a Jeff v Punk feud and have Edge cool off in tweener world. Quite frankly i am just sick of seeing all of the same people in the title contention. You're right RKOLegacy, that would be dumb to make Edge face to see if Punk can be a good heel.

MikeRaw

If anything, it would've turned Vickie face. Obviously that won't happen, with her leaving now, but if she wwere staying, Edge wouldn't be the one turning face. As others have said, he was acting as a heel there. It would've been Vickie.

MizMasta3000

But turning Vickie face would face would turn Chavo face and I guess he is in a program with Santino right now

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
But turning Vickie face would face would turn Chavo face and I guess he is in a program with Santino right now

LMAO @ Chavo having a distinguished characteristic. The guy isn't a face, heel, or tweener. Chavo is really an entertaining and talented guy, and it's a real shame the WWE has completely taken a crap all over him. But he's a nothing right now in the WWE, and it's not worth watching him.

Wordlife

lol at Chavo and Santino, a boring matchup that no one particularly cares about lmao