ecw getting better

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

hbk4894

Reaction score
i think ecw is improving this week ecw was the best in a long time i think that john morrison is improving and steven richards is showing signs of improvment by beating kevin thorn and ecw might become the 2nd best brand in wwe
your thoughts

shefflad

Reaction score
even if ECW IS getting better it would never be classed as the 2nd best brand in wwe, it just hasen't got the strength in debth that smackdown has. There is only 3 people in the title picture on ECW. Where on smackdown and raw there is like 5 or 6.

tasso10

Reaction score
gettin better. Needs more improvement. If dreamer is still hanging round world title, there is a problem

phantomgerald

I have said this for a few months now, I think ECW is better than Smackdown, especially since ECW doesn't have Khali, Mark Henry and Batista in their main event. Plus, I like CM punk, Marcus Cor Von and Elijah Burke.

Montana

ECW has been good for about the past 6-7 months, before that it wasnt all that bad either. It was at its very best when they had two main storylines (Lashley vs Vince + NB vs. Originals) The only problem is now Dusty RHodes has close to nothing to work with. For what he has, he easily puts on a better show than raw/sd. I get goosebumps of dusty booking for raw. Ecw keeps losign guys, and the wwe tosses them scraps. This year alone, they've lost Lashley, Sandman, Sabu, RVD, Corvon (short period) and Test. All these are main eventers and who did they get in the past year? Morrision......and.......boogieman....and the miz? Sounds like ecw got the short end of the stick, but all in all ecw is still very entertaining. Even with Big Daddy V squashes, and Kevin Thorne jobbing.

Kaedon

Reaction score
No, its not the second best, but it is getting better. At least the main event scene is. The undercard is shit because it consists of Visc, Striker, Kevin Thorne, Miz, Boogey, Balls, and Stevie. That is a shitty undercard. They need some new talent.

newcreature

Reaction score
I think there doing great with what they have. It seems like Vince is going to treat ECW like the minor leagues. Grow the stars of tomorrow and offer a home to the average/over the hill/past their prime guys. I think just about everyone on the ECW roster would only get used sporadically or be put in programs for the lower level belts on Raw or Smackdown! Despite the lack of creativity, I think the action is better. The stuff on Raw and Smackdown! has a bunch of giants who aren't good wrestlers. ECW has smaller, more athletic guys who have more variety in their movesets.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
lmao ecw is improving... last night we were all so exicted about how entertaining the matches were we yelled ''you cant wrestle'' to the Miz

Ed_cena

Reaction score
I like te ME picture in ECW morrison vs punk is good, i hope that cm punk win the title at summerslam, but i agree with kaedon the undercard is boring, the roster is short only 16 wrestlers(with rvd and knoxx).

Reaction score
I enjoy watching ECW more than SD at this point. They make the best of what they have, and there is effort put into their show. The triple threat main event last night was better than any match I've seen on Raw or SD for quite a while. As for Tommy Dreamer being in the title scene, I don't really have a problem with it. He's playing the cagey veteran who has one more shot at the gold. No, he won't win it, but its about the best they can do for right now.

C4

It's getting better and the Vince McMahon's "Vision" might me put into good place, but dude whatever happens you just can't say it's the 2nd Best Brand.
That will happen soon because Smackdown is not what it was after Edge going and a stupid Indian as World Champion. Only thing I see in ECW is CM Punk and Tommy Dreamer, Morrison's new Attitude and new look suck, They should put Rey Mysterio over to ECW. That would make it good.

straight_edge76

I actually think Dreamer should stay in the title picture, possibly form a short term alliance or friendship with Punk. The title scene is pretty legit at this time with Morrison, Punk, Dreamer and Burke, hopefully Cor Von when he returns also. But the Miz and the Extreme Expose is getting pretty stale already, I wanted Balls to actually do something I dont know.. Ballsy lol

Keeb Daddy

Reaction score
last night's main event was dope... I really don't give two shits about Dreamer, but they did have a nice match... I'm not really feelin' Punk's GTS finisher, the name or the move really... it's different, but not all that crushing of a move really, it's just hard to buy that as a move that would knock someone out ya know???

I really wish Burke and Punk had been "drafted" to Raw, they would bring some much needed freshness to the brand...

The Rated R CMStar

I don't really get all this people that complain about a brand and then suggest what should had happened in the draft.

They complain about ECW roster, but they incredibly suggest to trade away form ECW Elijah Burke and CM Punk. They are naggin because we have Punk vs Morrison but they, maybe not directly, may be suggesting Daddy V vs Morrison with all these trades.

The same with SD, they say it isn't the sam, it lacks of stars, but still they suggest to take away Rey Mysterio.