ECW 1999 Hardcore TV, PPV'S & TNN Reviews

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ECW World Heavyweight Champion: Shane Douglas
ECW Television Champion: Rob Van Dam
ECW Tag Team Champions: Rob Van Dam & Sabu
“FTW” Champion: Sabu

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 297
January 2nd, 1999
Queens, New York

The Show opens with Terry Funk coming down to the ring yelling “surprise, surprise, surprise” he asks Dreamer if he saved the last dance for him before calling him a chicken shit. He continuously begins slapping Tommy and Tommy refuses to fight back as we go to the into.

Joey Styles is in the ring and welcomes us to the show, Joey hypes up ECW being back on MSG. He begins to hype up Guilty as charged before bringing out Shane Douglas and Francine. Shane yells to “CUT THE FUCKING, MUSIC,” he says he hates to tell them he told us so, but he fuckin’ told us so. The last time we were here, that scared up freak Sabu, would not make it to the PPV. He says he’s guilty of being a goddamn suit in this business. Consistently he’s been the greatest world champion in this business of the last 5 years :lmaolmao he says he hoisted a dead industry on his back and brought it back to life, not only by being the best wrestler alive :lmaolmao:lmao that’s a new one :lmao Shane says he always has a plan and he told us Sabu would not make it, and he got Taz to help him. He calls Taz out and Taz makes his way down, Shane asks Taz to name his price and Taz says he doesn’t need his money and as far as his rat, their a dime a dozen on 42nd street so take a walk honey :lmao Taz says the triple threat is dead, he says the price……..is YOU AND ME FOR THE BELT, BROTHA, HE YELLS EXPECT NO MERCY! I’M TAZ, THE NEXT ECW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! BEAT ME IF YOU CAN, SURVIVE IF YOU CAN!!

Yoshihiro Tajiri vs. Pablo Marquez
FUCK YEAH! Tajiri, this is a Tajiri showcase full of stiff kicks and dropkicks. He busts out the tarantula before applying this really nice submission hold, I have no idea what it’s called but he hooks his opponent's legs under his arms and holds the hands to the mat for a quick two count, he breaks the hold as we go to a commercial. When we return, Pablo hits a corkscrew plancha onto the floor as the fans chant “where's your green card” Pablo makes the mistake of spitting on Tajiri which pisses him off and Tajiri murders him with kicks and slaps, he then hits a brainbuster and covers for the win. Fun. **1/4

Joey Styles announces at Guilty as Charged it will be Tajiri vs. Super Crazy

A clipped version of Super Crazy vs. Antifaz Del Norte airs, pretty much a Crazy showcase. Crazy dives and crazy spots, edited out all the botches.

Matches for Guilty as Charged; Taz/Douglas, Credible/Dreamer, Joey says Mikey Whipwreck is gone from ECW so a spot has opened in the three-way between Lynn and Storm. Tajiri/Crazy, Tanaka/RVD

ECW Television Championship: Skull Von Krush (w/Lance Wright) vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso)
SVK is Big Vito, so yeah. I don’t really have high hopes for this match. SVK shows no respect by spitting at RVD as the bell rings, they then have this really struggle exchange of mat counters and rolling around as we go to a commercial. Thankfully, when we return they begin brawling on the floor. RVD hits the barricade springboard side kick with Fonzy assisting with a chair, RVD follows with a plancha off the guardrails too. They roll into the ring, but RVD goes to the air one too many times allowing SVK to cut him off and hit a side slam off the top. He has some cool moments on offense, really showing the desperation of wanting to win the TV title and not getting caught up in the moment. RVD bumping is RVD like so he makes everything look better than it really is. Lance tries to throw SKV the chair but it backfires, so Fonzie comes in and takes him out. RVD hits Lance with a frog splash but SVK absolutely murders him with a chair shot, but he makes his first mistake of the match by taunting then going to the top rope. Fonzie distracts SVK long enough for RVD to recover and hit the leaping side kick with chair assistance off the top, he follows with a standing moonsault and covers for the win. **1/2

Lance Storm and Tammy Lynn Bytch come out to the ring, Huge “FUCK YOU LANCE” chants as he stops Tammy from showing her tits, even though she wants to. Lance says ECW has a PPV coming up, and at that PPV he’s in a 3-way dance, but the problem is he doesn’t have enough competition for that match. Jerry Lynn is at home with a list of injuries, he says even if Lynn shows up he will beat him just like he always has. As for Mikey Whipwreck, he didn’t sell out, he just realized he couldn’t beat me so he packed up and went somewhere else where the only competition is getting buried for not signing his contract. Lance says a spot is free, so he issues an open challenge to anyone in the back……………….HERE COMES SPIKE DUDLEY!

Lance Storm (w/Tammy Lynn Bytch) vs. Spike Dudley
Spike ducks two clotheslines, hits a low blow and follows with the acid drop for the win. SMH!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 298
January 9th, 1999
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

The show opens with the Dudleys throwing New Jack off a stage through a stack of tables.

For fuck sake, they air the Shane Douglas throwing the NWA title to the ground again. HOW MANY FUCKIN’ TIMES DO THEY NEED TO AIR THIS?!?!!?

Highlights of Taz/Bam Bam from Heatwave 1998 airs.

Recap of the Taz/Sabu feud, which goes into the Taz/Douglas feud.

Joey Styles says shaking up the wrestling world; Shane Douglas has been the impact player for 5 years. But in 1998 He was challenged for the moniker of the impact player, the one shaking up the promotion because a young punk named Justin Credible followed his footsteps :lmaolmao:lmoa the lengths they are going to, to force Justin as the future and top heel are hilarious. We then get a Credible video package of him getting the upper hand on all the babyfaces since his debut. Shit went like 10 fuckin minutes.

Backstage: Tommy Dreamer says, last year started off with his grandfather passing and you Justin Credible, then the girl you love gets taken out and you have to watch. Then your partner gets taken out and you take his beating. He says the only constant in his life turns on him. GUILTY! He starts pounding his head on the lockers and screams out, and says he's done everything he's been asked. He says if Justin wants to climb the ladder of success, he's going to take him straight to hell.

Video airs on Shane Douglas breaking the Pitbulls neck, and almost starting a riot.

Video the airs of the Triple Threats double turn.

Joey Styles continues to force this “Impact Player” nickname on us, he goes through a bunch of names before calling RVD the next “Impact Player” we then get an RVD video package.

Video airs on Super Crazy and Tajiri, it’s pretty much a mesh of two matches.

Guilty As Charged HYPE
Dreamer/Credible – Stairway to hell
Tajiri/Super Crazy
Lance Storm/Jerry Lynn/Spike Dudley
Tanaka/RVD – ECW TV title
Taz/Douglas – ECW World title

Joey Styles says ECW just signed a former WWF champion and someone that ran through WCW…………AND HE’S GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!!

Go home shows are the worse.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Guilty as Charged
January 10th, 1999
Kissimmee, Florida

Backstage: Paul Heyman thanks us for purchasing tonight's PPV, he says to show his gratitude, he’s not gonna be like those other guys and jerk you around and bullshit you. He says the card has changed, Tanaka will not be coming from Japan to face RVD and Jerry Lynn's fractured pelvis has not healed fully, so they don't want to show a less than 100% performance when they can exploit Jerry Lynn's talents fully on March 21st at Living Dangerously. Heyman says he believes in this locker room and believes in ECW.

The F.B.I. (Little Guido and Tracy Smothers w/Tommy Rich, Big Guido, and Big Sal E. Graziano) vs. Danny Doring & Roadkill
They do a fair bit of stalling before locking up, Guido and Danny start. Both teams are heels so the crowd gives no fucks and both teams try to out stall the other…..then for some random reason, Balls and Axl come out with chairs. Axl grabs a mic and says he was watching in the back and this match looked like a homosexual dance party :lmao so if it’s alright with the ref, he wants to make this a 3-way dance (WAIT FOR ONE DAMN SECOND, does that make Balls and Axl gay? They saw a sexual dance and wanted to join in? also since when does the ref have the juice just to accept wrestlers into matches?) Fuck it. The match turns into a huge brawl, they do the 2 in the ring, rest on the floor. It looks super choreographed. They do some things, everyone gets a chance to do stuff in the ring, at one point Danny and Roadkill hit the hart attack, but during the cover, Tommy Rich hits Danny in the back with a flag allowing the FBI to hit a double Fisherman's Suplex to eliminate them. FBI isolate Balls for a bit until Axl gets a hot tag, Axl cleans house they hit the Nutcracker Suite and SST in stereo and cover for the win. After the match; Sal and Big Guido challenge Axl and Balls but end up getting murdered with chair shots to the head. *3/4

Backstage: Terry Funk is sitting in the locker room, he says his father had a jackass, and he cared for that jackass, but one day when his daddy wasn't looking, that jackass kicked him right in the nuts. So his daddy told him to go and get a knife, so he ran to the house to get a kitchen knife. My daddy slit that jackass' throat. He looked at it, and his daddy told him, "Payback is hell, son." Tommy Dreamer, you are just like that jackass because what you did is you kicked me in the nuts when he chose Jake Roberts over him, a piece of garbage instead of the man who loved him like a son. It's payback time now, and it's time to find out how much blood he has. Terry funk says he’s gonna juice him big time Jake Roberts is a son of a bitch, and he wants Tommy to know that he's a son of a bitch, and payback time starts now until the day the Tommy Dreamer dies. He then yells at the camera man to get the fuck out of here.

Super Crazy vs. Tajiri
So this is a ton of fun for a first time meeting, both guys are faces so they break cleanly on rope breaks and down take cheap shots in the beginning. Tajiri again throws amazing kicks and dropkicks, Tajiri hits a gorgeous asai moonsault to the floor. Crazy takes a little breather on the floor before hit a sweet summersault plancha to Tajiri on the floor. Crazy rolls him back in and does a very cool looking rolling surfboard before locking in the dragon sleeper from that position. I love that Tajiri keeps going back to dropkicks to the knee, even if Crazy is spotty in selling the knee. The pace quickened with a shit ton of reversals and roll throughs and spots and moves. The middle is a little rough as they’re still getting to know one another moves, clearly holding back on some stuff. Crazy gets a series of two counts off different tornado DDT’s. Tajiri comes back with a sunset flip powerbomb off the top for two, they then trade two counts off tiger bombs but Tajiri is one step ahead and hits a dragon suplex with a bridge for the win. Fun, they would later have far better matches so I’m looking forward to that. **3/4

uazf1ja.gif

GOD DAMMIT! Kronus comes out, but Jeff Jones comes out in a judge outfit. He says in a land in which our president is on trial by the senate before they even reach their verdict, I’ve already decided Bill Clinton is GUILTY AS CHARGED!!! And in a land, where we let OJ run free, judge Jeff Jones say’s he’s GUILTY AS CHARGED!!! And tonight, Kronus you are in my courtroom to face charges against you, last week you laid me out with a 450 splash. Well, Kronus for that crime…..I FIND YOU GUILTY AS CHARGED!!! So tonight, you will face my executioner and you could say he’s a little PSYCHO and he’s gonna deal out my brand of JUSTICE in a VICIOUS manner. Kronus says no one is crazy enough to face him……………..HE IS THE MAN!!!!! IT’S MOTHERFUCKING SID :mark:

Kronus vs. Sid (w/Judge Jeff Jones)
Kronus tries to attack Sid, but it has no effects so Sid chokeslams him from the ring through a table set up on the floor. Sid hits him a few times with a chair, before rolling him back in and hitting a powerbomb for the win. SID :mark:

nfuQ1Xl.gif

Video recap of the Taz/Sabu/Douglas angle

Joel Gertner, Sign Guy Dudley, Big Dick Dudley and the Dudley Boyz come down to the ring. Buh Buh yells that will take on anyone tonight, and D-Von says it’s time. Joel grabs a mic and says well, well, well despite what the Florida tourism board has been feeding you, people, it is I every female’s top tourist destination and the man's crotch is truly the happiest place on earth. The man who makes mannie mouses' panties wet and the man who just last night helped daisy duck fulfill her dream as she took one for the team, as he made her squeal and scream, as he filled her full of cream. It is I the bacon in her eggs, the man for whom she begs, and the face between her legs...The Quintessential Studmuffin AND THE ORGINAL STUD MUFFIN and the good lord have mercy goddamn handsome man…. Joel "I Shoot Out a Full Condom Filla, and it Tastes Just Like Vanilla" Gertner :sodone He introduces everyone else. Buh Buh grabs the mic and says if they had the time they would come out and kick everyone ass in the crowd, he says they ain’t got no match tonight, so they issue an open challenge to anyone in the back or the crowd to get their asses out here…………………….NEW JACK & SPIKE DUDLEY ACCEPT.

The Dudley Boyz (w/Joel Gertner, Big Dick Dudley, and Sign Guy Dudley) vs. New Jack & Spike Dudley
This is the usual, tons of weapon shots and brawling for the entirety of New Jack’s theme, which I'm watching on the network so it isn’t "Natural Born Killaz" :( Buh Buh steals Bam Bam’s spot and hits a running press slam throwing Spike into the crowd. This goes 10 minutes which is far too long, at one point Spike and Jack pick up some guitars but the Dudleyz avoid it but Big Dick Dudley doesn’t and he eats both. The Dudleyz comeback and hit them with chair shots, which leads to Buh buh hitting a powerbomb off the top killing spike. New Jack getting the 3D on the stage. Spike gets hit with the 3D in the ring and Buh Buh covers for the win. After the match; the Dudleyz continue to put the boots to Spike and Jack, D-Von says there are three rules. THOU SHALL NOT STEAL, THOU SHALL NOT KILL, AND NUMBER THREE, THOU SHALL NOT FUCK WITH THE DUDLEYZ! Buh Buh says He says New Jack is dead and Spike is dead. He says they've beaten every tag team in ECW history. They split up The Gangstas and The Eliminators, they sent The Sandman packing, they broke Beulah's neck. He says Sabu and Van Dam's days are numbered, YOU SCARRED UP FRAK AND YOU PRETTY BOY MOTHERFUCKER! He says there’s nothing left for us to do except one thing. There’s only one tag team left for us to beat. To prove we are the greatest tag team in ECW history………..He calls out The Public Enemy for January 16th at the ECW Arena. The place they used to call home and that they now call Dudleyville, and they will prove who the greatest of all time is.

dDnfKgQ.gif
bWzqjVe.gif

Lance and Tammy Bytch come out, Lance says Spike already took the beating I was gonna give him tonight, and Jerry Lynn is crying in the back about the beating I’ve already given him, so that frees him up to bigger and better things. Lance then calls out RVD, like we already didn’t know this was the match already booked.

ECW Television Championship: Lance Storm (w/Tammy Lynn Bytch) vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso)
Thank god, we didn’t get RVD trying to mat wrestle to start and they went right to hitting moves and strikes, also less RVD posing after moves is good. Fonzie tries to attack Bytch on the floor but Lance dives and grabs him which allows RVD to hit the legdrop over the top. RVD begins to take the fight to Lance but in typical RVD fashion, he begins to get too cocky which allows Lance to hit this sweet superkick and now it’s his time to take over. RVD’s bumping in this is phenomenal he takes a nasty bump off a springboard which Lance counters into a dropkick sending RVD into the rails and then his does this awesome bump off a baseball slide to the floor. They trade moves in the crowd until once again RVD looks like he dies on a DDT on the exposed floor. I love the story as RVD keeps going for springboards but Lance has is scouted so well and has countered for all of it. Lance then debuts the top rope springboard plancha dive into the crowd, later used by Bryan Danielson. Another thing I liked about this is Lance is the first to really take the fight to RVD and try to use RVD’s own game against him. Back in the ring, RVD counters a belly-to-back suplex off the top by landing on his feet and hitting a spinning leg drop as soon as Lance hits the mat, never seen that before. The match turns into a solid back and forth affair, tons of spots with little to no selling at all. RVD goes for the Van Damnintor but Lance ducks and the ref gets bumped, RVD goes for it again but this time Lance throws it back at RVD and follows up with a side kick. The ref is still out cold as Bytch tries to revive him. Fonzie tries to hit Lance with a chair but Lance blocks it by taking the chair away from him, Lance turns around and RVD comes off the top with a side kick for a two count. Slap exchange which leads to RVD hitting a bridging German for the win. Terrible finish to what was a really good match. ***

LPJJvOt.gif

A Tommy/Credible video airs

Stairway to Hell Match: Justin Credible (w/Jason, Nicole Bass, & Jazmine) vs. Tommy Dreamer
You know what’s stupid about this match, is you have to climb a ladder to get the cane, why can’t someone just bring a cane with them to the ring, or hide one under the ring? FUCKIN’ JUSTIN CREDIBLE! I hope to god this is the end of this feud. Starts off well not a ton of hate like I think it should have, I think they would have just come out swinging, biting and clawing instead of crisp counters and brawling. But that’s me nitpicking, this is totally carried by Dreamer and the match is designed to justify Credible awful, atrocious and ridiculous overpush by showing the fans, look, see he’s hardcore. Now hate him, so we can make him out top guy already. As much as I hate Justin, I will give him credit he does a good job bumping here he really gives sells the pain and bumps like he wishes he was Shane Michaels. At one point Dreamer tops him on a ladder but as he goes for an elbow drop off the middle rope, Justin moves and Dreamer lands elbow first onto the ladder. Justin targets the arm with a series of chair shows and Dreamer sells it, so Justin refuses to work the arm again for the remainder of the match. This also has a ton of interference by the awful entourage. After what seems to be 15 minutes they finally start making attempts to climb the ladder to get a cane. There's a big ECW moment where Tommy gets Credible with an Ace Crusher off the gap between two ladders, so that’s cool. He had Credible tied up in the ropes after getting the cane to get revenge, but Terry Funk comes and hits Tommy with a garbage can. Credible then canes him and hits a shitty flatback Tombstone on a ladder to win. So the Cane wasn’t even used once :lmaolmao:lmao After the match; Funk repeatedly hits Dreamer with a trash can before leaving with Justin.

i4o9WVP.gif

Backstage: Steven Prazak AKA Dave Prazak’s dad interviews Taz, Taz says tonight's the night, okay what. TAZ says tonight is just another night and just another match. He shoves him out of the camera range and says tonight is just another night and Douglas is just another victim. BEAT HIM IF YOU CAN, SURVIVE IF HE LETS YOU.

Backstage: Shane Douglas says Sid is another impact player coming to take what he's made in ECW, but it's an easier task down South or up North, he says tonight, the immovable object meets the indestructible force and we collide. nobody's taking his title, the belt that he made. He's not giving it up, he's still in his prime, and tells him to go someplace else too. Taz is his tonight, bitch. He keeps yelling "IT'S MY BELT!" again,

ECW World Heavyweight Championship: Taz vs. Shane Douglas (w/Francine)
So here it is, a year's worth of build. All that hate and animosity swerves and beatdowns. And that start mat wrestling, what. It’s not bad for a feeling out process, but Shane is so terrible and banged up he just looks god awful. Thankfully as the crowd almost begins shitting on them they begin “ECW’ing” it up by brawling all around the building. Lots of bad punches and the camera missing stuff, that takes up 10 minutes of air time. Both men get busted open during the brawl, they eventually make their way back to ringside where Shane introduces a table and sends Taz head first into the table which is set up in the corner. Shane finally does something smart, and that’s target Taz’s once broken neck, he also broke the pitbulls necks so this makes sense until he stops working it and goes get another table instead, this time that backfires and Taz Triplex's him through the table for two………….SUDDENLY, THE LIGHTS GO OUT BUT IT’S SABU!! WITH FULL PYRO AND MUSIC :lmao SABU KILLS THEM BOTH WITH PAYBACK BEFORE LEAVING! Shane tries a cover, but Taz kicks out at two. Shane signals for the TRIPLE THREAT! But Tammy Lynn Sytch comes out, he talks to Shane, but then Francine gets mad at her for some reason. They fight, and Candido comes out to separate them. Francine spears her, so Candido turns on Shane and punches him in the head and throws down his triple threat t-shirt. Way to build to that?!?!! We haven’t seen Candido since November, UGH! TAZ POPS UP AND APPLIES THE TAZMISSION! SHANE TRIES HIS BEST TO FIGHT BUT TAZ DROPS TO THE MAT………….SHANE GIVES THE REF THE FINGER BEFORE PASSING OUT AND TAZ WINS!!!! YES! THAT 406 DAY AWFUL TITLE RUN IS OVER, FUCK YES! This managed to be both disappointing and really satisfying at the same time. **1/4

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Still don't know why Justin Credible was pushed over Lance storm.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ECW World Heavyweight Champion: Taz

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 299
January 16th, 1999
Kissimmee, Florida

Backstage: Fonzie is with RVD, RVD says he doesn't want to say he stole the whole PPV, so he'll let Fonzie say it, and he yells it. He says he loves Sabu, RVD says he proved again tonight and as he always does, there's only one World Television Champion and only one man that's 3/4ths of the Tag Team Champions, and there's only one man who can call himself the Whole Fucking Show. RVD then looks at a plant behind them and asks if Fonzie has any papers lol.

Paul Heyman does voice overs to still images of RVD/Lance, from the PPV.

Backstage: Steven Prazak interviews Lance Storm and Tammy Lynn-Bytch. Lance says he didn’t come up short, he says he doesn't need to be the Whole F'N Show because he's the best part of it, he carried the match, the PPV, and even ECW. Not because he's the greatest athlete in this sport, but because he's from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, so it's expected of him.

Clips air of Sabu attacking Sabu and Taz, Candido turning on Douglas and ends just as Taz is about to lock in the TazMission. Heyman then does voiceovers to still images.

ECW TV Exclusive: TAZ is walking backstage and walks in on some of the boys throwing him a celebration, Tommy Rich sprays champagne in his eyes so Taz I have a speech…………”EVERYBODY GET THE FUCK OUT” :lmao He kicks them out and challenges them to fight him for the belt.

Tommy Rich suckers Steven Prazak into thinking the Taz party is happening so when Steven enters the room Taz throws glasses at his head.

Heyman does voice overs to Tajiri/Crazy, Styles then announces the rematch will be this weekend at the ECW Arena.

Sid's debut airs.

Backstage: Judge Jeff Jones says he sentenced Kronus to an execution, and his executioner gave justice in a swift and vicious fashion. Jones says Sid is intense and wants to hurt people and break people, so for that, he finds him guilty as charged. Case dismissed.

Backstage: Justin Credible is with his shitty entourage, he asks if he and Tommy have a problem. He says he beat him fair and square with no help. He says he told his mentor to stop beating him, and while he way laying on the mat. He didn’t realize he was holding up the show, you inconsiderate bastard :lmao Next time do me and everyone a favor, just get the hell out. He says everyone knows he has Tommy's number and he'll beat him again, anytime and anywhere. He's not just the Hardcore Icon, Terry Funk's TRUE protege, but he's just incredible.

Clips air of Terry Funk/Justin Credible vs. Tommy Dreamer feud.

Clips air of The Dudley Boyz's challenge to The Public Enemy at House Party 1999.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sid had a cushy gig in his brief ecw run....just show up and chokeslams people and that's it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 300
January 23rd, 1999

Over The Weekend ECW had a show called “House Party” I can’t find the show online so this is another highlights show.

The show opens with the Dudleyz in the ring, Buh Buh tells the crowd don’t bother getting excited or standing up because this is the one and only time he’s gonna shoot with them. They’re not here, and he told they wouldn’t show up. He says we have been here and never left. Don’t blame them, he says they didn't promise them anything, nothing was advertised, because they're not here. Tomorrow night, WCW has Souled Out, but the Public Enemy sold every one of them out and maybe one day they’ll accept the fact that they will never get to see Public Enemy and the Dudleyz in the same ring. He does feel bad; because they should have seen the two best tag teams in ECW get to beat the shit out of each other. Buh Buh says they're going home, and they leave through the crowd.

Skull Von Krush comes out for a match, BUT JUDGE JEFF JONES COMES OUT!!!!!! He says in case they didn't see the PPV, he's Judge Jeff Jones, and tonight, Skull Von Krush is in his courtroom. In fact, he's trespassing. So, for that, he finds him GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!! And tonight he’s gonna be executed by the MAN!

Skull Von Krush vs. Sid (w/Judge Jeff Jones)
Fun, Sid squash. He chokeslams SVK through a table at ringside, not as deadly as the PPV one. He then brings him back in and ends it with the powerbomb. After the match; fans call for one more time and Sid hits another. Sid is the greatest.

Backstage: Steven Prazak tries to interview Chris Candido, but Tammy-Lynn blocks him by saying Chris doesn’t want to talk to him, but he can get up close and personal with him (I should point out Tammy looks god awful here, looks like she came off a weekend full of coke, henny, vodka and getting run train on) Steve smarty says no and Chris says, no more jokes no more games. He says Douglas didn’t find his actions funny at the PPV and Taz won’t find his action funny tonight.

Super Crazy vs. Tajiri
FUCK YEAH! Part II. They waste no time going right into the shit, not tentative or trying to feel one another out. Crazy wants his win back so he tries to go at Tajiri which backfires and Tajiri is one step ahead. Crazy manages to get the upper hand after a missed Tajiri standing moonsault, so Crazy throws him to the floor and into the crowd. He moves the railing closer to the ring and hits this sweet looking Asai Moonsault off the top rope connecting with Tajiri. Crazy starts controlling with flips and dives, rarely going for covers. Tajiri’s kicks are still the greatest thing ever to happen to ECW since I started watching. As the match going longer, both men just start connecting with even more crazier dives and spots in and out of the ring. The match kinda just ends after a power bomb and a reverse DDT out of the corner by Crazy and he just covers for the win. Both men are now 1-1. **3/4 - ***

Backstage: Steven Prazak interviews Lance Storm and Tammy-Lynn Bytch, Steve tries to apologize to Lance but Tammy grabs the mic away and Lance says, 1999 is the year Lance Storm comes into his own. Cause he’s through being saddled with bland guys named Chris. He says he has what it takes. Lance walks away as Tammy begins shaking around asking the camera man to look at her.

Backstage: RVD does his best Fonzie impression and says how much he hates Boston, Fonzie does his best to not laugh. Fonzie then does the Sabu taunt.

Candido and Tammy are in the ring, Taz then comes out. They do introductions but just before the bell…………. Francine comes out to distract Candido as Douglas comes from the back and hits Chris with a chair, he follows with the Pittsburgh plunge onto the chair. Tammy slaps him, and Shane holds Francine back. He tells her to go to the back, go to the fuckin back. Shane grabs a mic and says that for everybody that's held that belt or will hold it, he built this house and built this belt not to be degraded. Raven might have needed the dog and pony show to be a great champion, but he doesn't. He says this whole company was built on his shoulders by making that belt the most important, so from one great champion to another let's give these people a title match we ca be proud of……TAZ yells to ring the fuckin’ bell.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship: Taz vs. Shane Douglas
I should point out Shane has cut his hair, so that terrible long ponytail is gone, he looks a little more respectable hair wise. This is without a doubt a way, way better match than that god awful PPV match. 1, because it’s shorter and 2, because it’s way shorter. I didn’t care for the mat work and exchange of holds to start because that isn’t Shane’s strong suit, don’t let him bullshit you into thinking he’s this great wrestler, he’s not. Anyway, that goes for a few minutes until Taz hits him with a Tazplex and Shane bails to the floor, I guess Shane is a face now or in Philly because the crowd is firmly behind him. Some real okay brawling on the floor, way better than the PPV nonsense mainly because they had more space and the crowd wasn’t swarming them, so we got great spots with Taz belly-to-belly suplex Shane on some random broken table or Shane diving off part of the bleachers with a crossbody. Shane uses the cast a lot with, I can see the argument for and against it, but whatever. They eventually brawl back to the ring with Shane introducing a table, they go counter for counter both reversing out of one another big moves before Taz connects with a head and armplex he locks in the Tazmission but Shane breaks the hold by punching Taz in the head with the cast. Shane goes for one big shot with the cast but TAZ avoids and hits the TazMissionplex through the table in the corner which “broke” Sabu’s neck and covers for the win. After the match; Shane gets a standing ovation also a “Please don’t go” chant. Taz shows respect by giving him the ring. Damn, that was good, best Shane match I’ve ever seen, it felt like a passing of the torch kinda thing. ***

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tajiri and super crazy have faced each other more than Cena/Orton.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 301
January 30th, 1999

Somewhere in the back; Taz says he’s now called THE ECW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! And people say he worked his ass off, and they're right. He didn't kiss ass or suck up for the belt, and they're right. Taz says he ain’t your role model and is not someone to look up to. What he is is a miserable, mean, and nasty man. I’m not the guy you want living next door to you because if you look at me the wrong way, I’ll take a garbage can and throw it through your window. I’M PISSED OFF! He says he’s the man to beat, and all his is, is 5 foot 8, 248 pounds. He busted his ass for 12 years to get this. Other champions Rocky Maivia. Brother, please, you green bastard. You’re spoiled. Brother come to Philly or Queens, anywhere ECW is and I’ll fix your pretty little smile. The other guy, Hulk Hogan. Look into my eyes, does anyone believe Hogan can beat or even last 30 seconds with me. Get real, I’M REAL! He says he's hungry and anyone in the world who wants to beat him, bring it because I don’t give a fuck. I’M TAZ! THE THE ECW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! BEAT ME IF YOU CAN, SURVIVE IF I LET YOU!

Highlights of Douglas/Taz air from last week.

ECW Tag Team Championships: Axl Rotten & Balls Mahoney vs. Rob Van Dam & Sabu (w/Bill Alfonso)
Sabu and Balls start, they stuff for all of 20 seconds before the match just breaks down. All 4 get on and brawl, which is way better than them trying to work a traditional match. RVD/Sabu try to quicken the pace with spots and dives but Axl/Balls seem to be one step ahead. Sabu hits this really sweet double jump springboard moonsault, which he first did at the PPV by mistake, but now he’s clearly feeling himself and has added that to his long list of dives. RVD then tries his best to outdo Sabu by hitting his sommersault Plancha into the crowd. This is totally the RVD/Sabu show as they Balls and Axl just allow them to use their own bodies as test dummies for spots and shit. Fonzie interferes some, and the Double Legdrop through the table and Balls allows Sabu to cover for the win. **3/4

OB7iVXX.gif

Next Week from Detriot: Super Crazy vs. Tajiri Part III

In the ring; Joel Gertner is with Sign-Guy Dudley, he says The Dudley Boyz have left the building. They were disgusted that The Public Enemy were afraid of them, and instead of the match, they will be treated to Gertnervision. The year was 1995, the place was South Philadelphia. Crackheads roamed the town, this man in the crowds' mother was on the corner selling herself, and the pro wrestling industry was in the toilet. And who ruled the world……….The Public Enemy. He says in 1995, he rang a bell for ECW and has vivid memories of The Public Enemy. Rocco Slop and Johnny Pudge, he loved them. They came out here and attempted to give the best match they could, and although they usually failed, effort does mean something. He says Johnny Grunge would walk by, stinking with body odor, smelling like the asshole of a 75-year-old dead skunk with coyote pussy on its breath :lmao

Joel says he wasted the last 5 hours of his life waiting for them to show up, and they're not here. Public’s theme hits and………………..IT’S Buh Buh and D-Von in Publics attire :lmao Buh Buh does his best dance moves before saying in a hilarious Grunge voice “Oh, Rocco I’m blown up from dancing” He says we’re home, in the ECW arena but things are a little different. The crowd does one of its few good things for once with a "WELCOME BACK!" chant. Buh Buh says with receptions like that, it feels like we never left. But things are a little different; he doesn’t see some of the ugly rats he used to fuck here. D-Von sells his back and Buh Buh says it’s because he's 90 years old, and calls him an old fuck. He stops doing the Grunge voice and says he’s the fuckin deal, this is as close as seeing the Public Enemy as you'll come to. He told them once, he'll tell them again, and he wishes he could see all their faces when he tells them, the Dudley Boyz didn't do them wrong. The biggest thing they're afraid of is not mattering anymore, and they couldn't stand that. He swears as one-half of the greatest tag team to ever step foot in this ring, that if the Public Enemy were here tonight, the last voice would hear is theirs, proclaiming that for the first time and last time, The Public Enemy is dead…………………………….OH FUCK! THE PUBLIC ENEMY RUN OUT AND TAKE OUT THE DUDLEYZ! As the show goes off the air.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Calling out Rocky Maivia :lmao Taz was thirsty as fuck.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I hate that as soon as someone becomes world champion in ECW, they have to shit on WWF or WCW's world champions. I'm like fam, worry about the guys in your company, that you have to face leave other guys dicks out your mouth. fuckin' "shoots" so bad.

Reactions: Deezy

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 302
February 6th, 1999
Detroit

Backstage: Bill Alfonso is with Rob Van Dam and Sabu; he says tonight is a historical night in ECW, for 25 years Sabu’s uncle the original Sheik, set this town on fire. Now for the next 25 years Sabu will make his place in Detroit, which is right down the street from Battle Creek, RVD says when you buy a ticket to see RVD in Detroit; you get to see Sabu as a little bonus. It’s a special night for Sabu; he has his best suit on. He then tries to get Sabu to chant “Rob Van Dam” but it doesn’t work.

Recap of the Dudleyz/Public Enemy segment from last week.

Shane Douglas and Francine come down to the ring, Shane yells to CUT THE FUCKIN’ MUSIC! I guess now that he’s a face people pop for that. He asks Detroit what do they want to see, he panders and asks them if they want Francine to show em’ She teases them so Shane says okay show em’ go backstage and get Joey Styles so we can start this week’s show NAKED! He says he wants to talk about the title that he puts on the map, Francine leaves and then on the sound system Candido says “Hey partner, rule number 1. Don’t send your whore back here with a real man” Candido and Tammy come out, they have Francine held hostage. Shane goes out to fight him but Tammy jumps on his back allowing Chris to cheap shot him and beats him down before we cut to the intro.

We cut to Chris Chetti and Roadkill having a match, when suddenly. Judge Jeff Jones comes out. He says there’s no mercy in the courtroom. The mic is so bad that I barely hear what he says but all I know is he brings out SID!!!!! And Sid kills the both of them and it ruled.

Lance Storm and Tammy-Lynn Bytch come down to the ring, another “show your tits” chant breaks out, Storm says he told Paul in the back, he doesn’t need a get over match, what he needs is to prove that Spike is a one hit wonder. He couldn’t beat me twice in his lifetime let alone twice in a row.

Lance Storm (w/Tammy-Lynn Bytch) vs. Spike Dudley
So this is fun, Storm plays the bully role and is super overconfident and at times it almost backfires, I love the early tease with Spike hitting the low blow but when he goes for the acid drop, Lance counters into a spinning backdrop for two. Spike has a ton of energy and fire and he throws everything at Storm who bumps his ass off to make everything look great, Spike hits a few sweet dives and even hits dope jawbreaker stunner onto the top of the guard rails. Spike again heads up top but Tammy-Bytch shoves him off and spike dies on a bump through the timekeeper's table, Lance rolls him back in and hits the triple powerbomb with the third being a sit-down powerbomb for the win. **3/4

Friday Night, February 12th, Queens, New York ~ Dudleyz vs. Public Enemy

Backstage: Justin Credible cuts a promo; he’s doing his best Randy Savage impression just without the voice. It’s terrible.

Super Crazy vs. Tajiri
Little over 5 seconds into the match, Tajiri goes for a spin kick which is blocked by Crazy. So, Crazy goes to target the leg but doesn’t do anything and they just end up exchanging holds between working the leg to arm before breaking. This one has a little more showboating by both men, with both men trying to outdo the other with insane looking holds and mat work, some of the counters and stretch moves I don’t think I’ve ever seen before. They constantly build the counters and moves through the match, with repeated counters that worked in past matches. I didn't like this one as much as the last 2, this felt a little too showy with let’s give the fans an “exhibition” instead of wanting to win the match. The finishing stretch was good, as now they picked up the intensity and after every move, or big move hey would go for the pin attempt, Tajiri would counter a powerbomb into a ‘Rana for the win. **1/2 - **3/4

Joey Styles does commentary to the Dudleyz beating up Public Enemy…….New Jack then comes out and we cut to Joey Styles saying someone paid the Dudleyz to take out the Public Enemy, that’s why this feud is going on not because the Dudleyz want to know who the best tag team is. Joey says now they're offering money to take out New Jack too.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship: El Diablo vs. Taz
El Diablo is clearly some local talent that Paul E. just gave a mask to and said hey tonight you are……….. El Diablo and you will be getting squashed by TAZ. Taz beats the shit out of him before choking him out with the TazMission for the win. After the match; Taz grabs the mic and says he likes Detriot because it’s a lot like Brooklyn “HARDCORE” He says he gonna make some history, he’s gonna make an open challenge to any champion in the WWF or WCW. Meet me anywhere. BEAT ME IF YOU, SURVIVE IF I LET YOU!!!!!!!!! The crowd chants for Sabu, so Taz asks if that's what they want. He challenges Sabu to come out with HIS belt. SABU COMES OUT AND THEY HAVE A HUGE BRAWL! YEAH!

One of the best Hardcore TV’s ever.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

ECW Hardcore TV: Episode 303
February 13th, 1999
Detroit

ECW Fan Cam: Side Kills One Man Gang, Rod Price, and Skull Von Krush. SID RULES!!!!

Joey Styles says Taz has asked to defend against Sabu at Living Dangerously but then says Taz has to look at every person on tonight show, lolwut.

Clipped footage of RVD vs. Ulf Hermann airs, RVD wins after hitting the Five Star FrogSplash, finally, after what has to be two years he’s finally smartened up and used it as a finish.

Footage airs of at ECW House Party 1999; Lance comes out just before Dreamer and Credible. He says he heard people say that their match at the PPV was better than his, but he carried RVD to the best match he's ever had on PPV, and tonight, he's going to carry one of them to the best match of their career. Lance asks who wants it, but a three-way happens instead. Tommy insults all of the women and Jason before cutting away.

Backstage: Spike Dudley says he always gets nervous and terrified before his matches, but once the bell rings the Acid drops gives him all the courage he needs.

Backstage: Steven Prazak interviews Joel Gertner, he asks Joel who paid off the Dudleyz to take out the Public Enemy and New Jack. Joel says, you want to know who paid them………..it’s obvious, it’s the mysterious benefactor. Joel walks off.

Spike Dudley vs. Big Dick Dudley
ECW: Fan cam. Low blow, Acid Drop, and Spike covers for the win. After the match; The Dudleyz attack Spike from behind. They hit him with the 3D, but New Jack comes out with a trashcan full of weapons. He beats up the Dudley Boyz for a while, along with Big Dick. Gertner gets involved, so New Jack hits him with a skateboard :lmao NEW JACK THEN DOES A BALCONY DIVE INTO THE RING AND THROUGH A TABLE ON JOEL! HOLY SHIT! As Jack is celebrating the Dudleyz attack him from behind and connect with the 3D.

Antifaz Del Norte vs. Little Guido (w/The F.B.I)
This is was supposed to be a tag match but Nova was taken out backstage so we get this, some okay mat work from both guys before exchanging of strikes. Norte has some sweet drives in this; Guido takes over after he catches Norte in mid-air with a sit down powerbomb. They do some stuff until Tracy gets involved. Nova comes out to save and cleans house and it sort of becomes a tag match, with the face team just killing the FBI. Norte then hits faceplant suplex for the win. Meh

Super Crazy vs. Tajiri
This is from a Concord show in North Carolina; damn Heyman sure is running this feud into the ground already. They start the match the exact same way they did the last, target the leg then move to the arm, lots of counters and reversals, but this time they add the monkey flips and counters in the monkey flip position. This matchup seems more about both men trying to stretch the shit out of one another rather than showboating or spots, don’t get me wrong it still has that included. Super Crazy blocks the Huracanrana this time and hits a Liger Bomb for the win. **1/2 - **3/4

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler