E3 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kassidy

Reaction score
http://penny-arcade.com/report/arti...e-is-kilobytes-you-can-authorize-your-games-b
The Xbox One authorization file is “kilobytes,” you can authorize your games by tethering your phone

I'll always have my Cell phone so my back up or travel plan is just that, tether my 4g and then sign out. Easy

Let's Clear Up The Issues: Used Games, Kinect Privacy, and Other (What Most People Seem to Have Missed, An Explanation) : xboxone

some key things in that Post

"Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games."

What can we take away from this? Easy. If you bought a disc based game, you can sell and trade it to any participating retailer. It means that game publishers will work out deals with retailers in order for the developers and publishers to take a cut of used games sales. Microsoft will not receive any money from these transactions.

DRM--WHY?

As we saw above, you will be able install your games to your hard-drive and have your entire library available to play without putting the disc in the disc tray.

This is why the 24-hour check is required. Without this, many copies of the same game could be installed into multiple X1's and it would be absolutely crumble game sales.

The drawback to this is not being able to game offline. Microsoft has said that the final decisions to this issue have not been final. I believe if they allow you to play offline with the disc in the disc tray, this would become a non-issue.

If This^ is announced everyone without internet can stfu

AFTER-THOUGHT: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

The big change in the Xbox Live system is the feature to allow all users on one console to have gold by just one user having it. For example, if I have Xbox Live Gold and my brothers also use the same console, they will also be able to use all the perks of a Gold account. They will have access to all the games on the console even if it was installed through my account.

In short, one Gold account subscription per Xbox.

Just think of everything that can be developed for the Kinect. For example, Dead Rising 3 will have a feature where it will listen outside of the game through the Kinect. If you make a loud sound while playing, the zombies will hear you and they will come after you. This is the kind of thing Microsoft is looking for with the Kinect, innovation.

thats just plain fucking cool

Post was tweeted by Xbox Emp Raymond Glomgold; not all official information but promising future for Xbox One.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Ben

Reaction score
Fanboy antics have gone to all time high with this next gen....not talking about this site but mainly on other video game sites IGN as a main example. Personally I find it funny...if I had more time I would own both systems, but that's just not the case. I'm getting a PS3 just cause I know I'm going to prefer the exclusives would of got it regardless of the price. Really though I think this years E3 was pretty weak in terms of actual games being showed both PS and MS both didn't have any top line exclusives I felt I had to have at launch. Excited for Knack and The Order and I think Ryse and Titan Fall both look great for E3. What I was most excited for was games being announced for Wii U which I haven't really played since picking up....New Mario, Mario Kart and Smash Bros was the main reason I bought yet another N System

Kassidy

Reaction score
only PS4 game im looking at is The Order; One has Titanfall, ryse, took exclusives away from sony: FF, KH, MGS. I'm getting both but I expect my PS4 library to be small just like my PS3 library. Sony has some weird games, like rain, but I'm with you on the N front. Been waiting on games to play on the U after we beat the few launch titles.

IGN has always been biased toward Sony, I hate Greg miller with a passion.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I think the main reason I'm going with PS4 at launch date is because of the indie game market. Xbox always has good blockbuster titles but I really enjoy my little gems on Ps3 like NiNoKuni. I love the 360s indie market with games like Limbo, Bastion, Trials HD, Fez, State of Decay, Comic Jumper, Scott Pilgrim, Super Meat Boy and a bunch of others but with the way they're treating the indie developers has them all moving to PS4 so that's where I'm going. I don't care if Playstation doesn't come with the eye toy because I don't know anyone who uses it or Kinect for that matter. Also the eye toy will probably be like $60 so knocking $100 off for the exclusion of that is fine by me since I'll be getting both devices anyways. The only big deal is they could of had a huge indie market of eye toys games. Also has Sony just given up on the move?

I kind of have a love hate relationship with Nintendo games. Basically it's just that they rehash the same games. It's like another Pikmin, Mario, Super Smash Rbos and probably others. Then again, they are always great games. I just want to see some new IPs. They might have announced one but I haven't seen it yet so if anyone knows please let me know.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I think the main reason I'm going with PS4 at launch date is because of the indie game market. Xbox always has good blockbuster titles but I really enjoy my little gems on Ps3 like NiNoKuni. I love the 360s indie market with games like Limbo, Bastion, Trials HD, Fez, State of Decay, Comic Jumper, Scott Pilgrim, Super Meat Boy and a bunch of others but with the way they're treating the indie developers has them all moving to PS4 so that's where I'm going. I don't care if Playstation doesn't come with the eye toy because I don't know anyone who uses it or Kinect for that matter. Also the eye toy will probably be like $60 so knocking $100 off for the exclusion of that is fine by me since I'll be getting both devices anyways. The only big deal is they could of had a huge indie market of eye toys games. Also has Sony just given up on the move?

I kind of have a love hate relationship with Nintendo games. Basically it's just that they rehash the same games. It's like another Pikmin, Mario, Super Smash Rbos and probably others. Then again, they are always great games. I just want to see some new IPs. They might have announced one but I haven't seen it yet so if anyone knows please let me know.

I wouldn't say its new, but they are working on bringing F-Zero back. I also don't think Nintendo really needs new IP's, they just need to space theirs better, 1 new Mario game every 5 years would be welcomed, like Zelda.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I like Nintendo's handheld market. They have good strong titles built off the Mario and Zelda properties but also have a plethora of great games most people have never heard of. I feel like Nintendo always does handheld gaming right. Aside from the gimmicky 3DS.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Took me forever to take the DS seriously, and even then I only picked one up because I could get my hand on a blank cartridge. SNES, GB, NES emulators on the go.

Ben

Reaction score
Kingdom Hearts And FF going to XBOX also was a big move I think that got overlooked, Square was pretty much PS exclusive for 2 Gens. I'm excited to see some more stuff for later in 2014 getting announced at the Tokyo Game Show at the end of the summer. With Nintendo I have a soft spot I've owned every console they released for years pretty much for Mario and Zelda...hopefully with the U they release them a little more often really should be 2-3 Zelda and Mario Games per Gen we got 2 Mario and 1 Zelda on Wii hoping for more.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
3 Mario (Galaxy 1 & 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii), and 2 Zelda(Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword) for the Wii. Actually reminds me I still have yet to play Skyward Sword. Anyone know if I need WiiMotion+?

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
Took me forever to take the DS seriously.

Kinda the same for me. I didn't care for what I saw as being a rather "gimmicky" system with games I didn't care too much for and I was never a fan of the small sized handheld screens. I loved a lot of GBA games (particularly since many were ports of SNES games or decent in their own right). I did pick up a DS Lite later though because I do love Castlevania (metroid-vania style) and New Super Mario Bros - these are the games that proved to me that there could still be decent (and "2d" sprite based) games on system without necessarily "relying" on two screens or the touch screen for play.

Anyway, I grabbed a Wii U for my birthday as it was like roughly $100 off on the Big W (Australia) website and I figured I was going to some point anyway, as like a lot of people i'm interested in Smash Bros and (for some people it's to a lesser extent) Super Mario 3D World. I actually like the "tablet" device and I think this time around I may look moreso into the Virtual Console (likely more than even most of the retail games which will likely be strictly the "first-party" stuff). At the end of the day this ended up being the console I was most sure of getting at least.

As for Xbox/Sony - I'll be waiting til a while after they actually come out. Still not crazy about the Xbox's "features" nor Microsoft's policies but it does have the superior controller and while I don't care much for exclusives - i'd still pick Halo over something like Killzone, even if I'm not too happy with 343 up til now. Still leaning slightly more toward PS4 but that's because I don't care for or trust this cloud stuff atm and either way whether people believe it's supposed to be "for our (and the devs) own good", I don't like having Microsoft dictating to me that I must have a Kinect connected/required. I'd like to know whether or not there's enough of a "stable" gaming experience for me and for Australian gaming in general, and at the very least, PS4 is automatic choice if i'm ultimately left unsatisfied with the Xbox One.

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Microsoft has reportedly stopped charging developers to update their Xbox 360 games, according to a number of sources.

Eurogamer reports that multiple developers have said Microsoft is no longer making them pay tens of thousands of dollars to patch their titles.

Until recently, Microsoft made developers pay when submitting games for certification but would then offer one title update free of charge, before making them pay for any further re-certification. This is apparently no longer the case for both Xbox Live Arcade games and full retail games.

The fee was originally introduced to try and discourage developers from releasing unfinished products that would require lots of updates. While Microsoft still reserves the right to charge any company deemed to be making excessive requests following a failed certification, the new normal is that no fees will be charged.

While this is a good move in and of itself, could this mark the beginning of a shift in Microsoft's attitudes to indie developers? Until now the company has taken a fair bit of flack from the likes of Fez developer Phil Fish and the creators of Oddworld and DayZ, who have all said that the prohibitive costs associated with patching games is one of the reasons they're keen to work with Sony on the PlayStation 4, but not Microsoft.

If Microsoft is prepared to ditch this process, perhaps it's also prepared to allow indies to self-publish somewhere down the line? As it currently stands the company has said it intends to keep things the same for the Xbox One but with all the other changes that have hit the upcoming console in the last couple of weeks, could another one be coming soon?

Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches - IGN

I completely understand not wanting developers to get lazy, Nintendo basically did a similar thing when the Wii wouldn't allow updates at all. But charging developers when an unexpected bug turns up in their games(I have noticed a few in Risk: Factions, and now I understand why EA never bothered to do a patch), is more detrimental to the consumer. Glad to hear this has stopped.

I wonder how much was payed out to keep Rock Band/RBN updating every week.

Weez

Reaction score
Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches - IGN

I completely understand not wanting developers to get lazy, Nintendo basically did a similar thing when the Wii wouldn't allow updates at all. But charging developers when an unexpected bug turns up in their games(I have noticed a few in Risk: Factions, and now I understand why EA never bothered to do a patch), is more detrimental to the consumer. Glad to hear this has stopped.

I wonder how much was payed out to keep Rock Band/RBN updating every week.

From what I understand of the process, the patches theyre referring to are the "Title Updates" that will log you out when you launch the game. DLC is a different breed. That's also why you've seen some devs slipping bug fixes into Compatibility patches and DLC in this generation as a work around to the fee.