E3 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
Sony just blew Microsoft out of the water as far as i'm concerned. I watched that Microsoft presentation and it was like I thought. If I was happy with the console, I would've been ok with it. But based on what we know about the Xbox One, that definitely just wasn't enough to win me over. Particularly with the info we got on the "next" Halo game (which the woman from 343 heavily implied relies on cloud rendering - likely meaning online is pretty much going to be enforced.

If Sony do nothing to sabotage their own momentum like this, then as things stand I am actually looking forward to PS4 (with possibly a Wii U on the side further down the track). Features like this, this or even this are far more enticing than anything announced for the Xbox One to date.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Sony definitely won this round, easier to use, better games, cheaper, simple things like you dont have to be online to play an offline game.

Kassidy

Reaction score
When you think about it and break it down, PS4 is the same price as Xbox One if not a little more expensive if you want the full package of what is out.

Xbox One comes with everything right out of the box, the console, the kinect, controller, day one has a year of xbox live and if I am not mistaken special dlc for launch titles. 499$ before tax

PS4 Comes with only the console and and a controller for 399$ but if you want the whole set up, you have to buy a Eye toy for 59.99$ separately, and to play online gaming you now have to buy PS+ so thats another 49.99 which now totals ps4 to 509.97$ before tax. Which if the eye toy doesn't come with it, why in the hell did they bulk up the controller adding in the dumb move light to the top of it? I hate that shit

I'm pretty much split down the middle, single player for ps4 and multi for xbox just like i do now

Edit: I think Sony may have unbundled the Camera just to make the system cheaper -

When combined with the DualShock®4 Wireless Controller's light bar, the evolutionary 3D depth-sensing technology in the PlayStation®Camera allows it to precisely track a player's position in the room. The games adapt accordingly to create experiences only PlayStation®4 can offer.

That reads as they are only giving you half the tech in the remote and its useless until you get a PS Camera

Last edited:

AF.

Reaction score
Well, just finished up watching the Sony E3 conference and it was pretty amazing.

Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 within a couple minutes of each other, simply awesome and I'm looking forward to both. Destiny looks like it'll be amazing. The graphics are absolutely unreal. The starting price is also good, though I'm not sure how much it'll translate to in Australia. It'll probably be around 499 which is still pretty darn good.

Time to watch Microsoft's conference.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I read their reasoning for that is to keep the price down, with the PS3 it was priced high and it sold relatively slowly at first. This time they plan on selling a higher volume of consoles and still making a similar profit.

Not everyone would use online gaming or eye toy so paying for that would be a waste, like with the new Xbox all the extra crap that comes with it some people wont use. I have DVD players/Blu ray players, a laptop for browsing the web etc. its a waste of money to pay for those features on what should just be a gaming console.

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
According to IGN's polls, 84% of people are favoring Sony to any other console, 4% are favoring Nintendo before the conference is over(also most of N's big supporters are casual, and wouldn't follow E3), leaving a very small portion of the market to Microsoft.

Sony was also nice enough to give us a full length instructional video on how you can share your games with friends.

[video=youtube;kWSIFh8ICaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I believe the first shot, has just been fired.

Kassidy

Reaction score
I read their reasoning for that is to keep the price down, with the PS3 it was priced high and it sold relatively slowly at first. This time they plan on selling a higher volume of consoles and still making a similar profit.

Not everyone would use online gaming or eye toy so paying for that would be a waste, like with the new Xbox all the extra crap that comes with it some people wont use. I have DVD players/Blu ray players, a laptop for browsing the web etc. its a waste of money to pay for those features on what should just be a gaming console.

You are already paying extra for useless tech, PS Camera tech is built into dualshock 4, makes it bulky in the back to. If it wasn't being bundled, then don't build it into my controller.

Shrug, I'm a gamer, I'll own both so in the end, nothing really effect me.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ah, man there is a virtual E3 happening on PSHome and I'm gonna have to cause some serious problems there. Thanks for the heads up.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Damn, Sony really owned Microsoft on the pricing thing.

399$ is excellent IMO.

I'll be skipping this gen of consoles most probably, but if 399$ is the beginning price...then it won't be too long before it's selling like hot cakes when it's at 250-299$. Maybe I'll be one of those people. IDK at this point.

EDIT: Upgradeable hard drive, double owned.

Last edited:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Sony just shot Microsoft in the head. I hated the PS3 and I loved the 360. The One? Its company suicide.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The pricing of the Xbox is most likely because of what you get with it, more especially the kinect bundled with it, which is a huge advancement with the technology and is probably worth the extra $100. Meh I'll still be getting the Xbox One. The Xbox games and exclusives impressed me more than the Playstation and was presented better. I feel if Sony didn't announce their stance on the DRM and what not towards the end, this wouldn't be so lopsided in most peoples eyes.

Last edited:

Kassidy

Reaction score
Sony just shot Microsoft in the head. I hated the PS3 and I loved the 360. The One? Its company suicide.

your opinion and you aren't alone but Microsoft is very far from dead, lol, even typing it makes me laugh. Xbox One showed far more exclusives on stage and presented their game much better. I mean What ps4 exclusive did they show on stage that was that impressive?

Kingdom Hearts? Hate that series, not my thing

Final Fantasy? Nope going to Xbox one

Killzone? another bland shooter in a time when TitanFall is coming out. You can keep your flat and unimpressive shooter; Mechs, parkour, jet pack shooter = fucking amazing to me. That's going to be a game that takes a lot of skill to play online with how many ways you can actually attack

Destiny? Nope Xbox one and PC im pretty sure, oh some exclusive dlc, don't care

Rain? yea ? wtf even is it

Infamous second son? If its like the other sand box versions from PS3, I'll pass, wasn't a big fan.

The Order, about the only game sony showed on stage, that was theirs, and interested me. The rest were multiplatform games, which if it has multiplayer I want to play I'll be getting it for One cuz Live is just plain out better than PSN, 300k servers, every game will have a server, can Sony say that about PSN? No

Saying a console will die or a company will die when its not even out, is just beyond ignorant. Both consoles will sell, I guarantee it

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[MENTION=3710]Kassidy[/MENTION]

Kingdom Hearts is also going to Xbox One, and it will be the first time the series has been on the Xbox. ^

As you said, MS may not be favored right now but there is still a long way to go and somewhat of a lack of information. Both consoles will still sell well and MS will pick back up when they reveal new information and details everything that will make people see what they're doing is good. They'll also fix some wrongs here and there to persuade the lost fans back. I feel as if people are getting sucked into the PS4 circlejerk too much atm. It's everywhere on the internet. I may sound bias but if you look at it, the Xbox infrastructure is far superior than Playstation and will do better in the long run.

Last edited:

Kassidy

Reaction score
[MENTION=1829]Dexter Morgan[/MENTION]

I 100% agree and scratch off another use to be exclusive to Sony lol. Im not a fanboy, I own both current, I pre ordered both already, but honestly right now it is a big circlejerk over these policies that still aren't 100% explained and if no publisher uses the tech then you have nothing to worry about and used games won't change from now. The only problem they'll have is the 24hr checkin which I have already come up with a way around so no biggie. Get with the times and have internet jesus

I'm lazy so Im glad I can play any game I own, attached to my account without switching discs lol

Last edited:

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
So far none of the exclusives seem all that exciting to me. World of Tanks? Thats a boring PC game. Halo? Almost as bad as Call of Duty. Titanfall looks great but I can see it getting old very quick. I do find it weird that EA, a third party developer is making that game strictly Xbox One. Destiny just screams an attempt to make another Halo. Ill never understand why Killzone keeps getting made. I don't even know anyone who plays those games. Except did you guys see a new Super Smash Bros. is coming out? When a new one comes out its basically just a rehash but the same could be said about most video games sequels. I got really excited for Megaman. And it seems like he has every single power. I think this has been a great E3.

I'll gladly pay for PS+ if I get free downloadable indie games instead of the crap Microsoft promises like Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3. I'm also glad it's not coming with the eye toy because fuck that piece of garbage. Why is everyone so focused on motion gaming. The only good thing about the Kinect coming with every system is that people will actually develop good games for it since they know it will have a market now. Microsoft has a fucking fantastic indie game market so I can't even begin to imagine what people could do with the technology. Probably a lot of weird games haha.

So the things I'm most excited for are Kingdom Hearts 3, Planetside 2 coming to PS4, Super Smash Bros. and Pikmin 3 (idk why I really enjoy those games). Other things I'm interested in are Quantum Break, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, D4, X and The Order:1886.

So while everyone has been talking about Systems, I want to know what games everyone is actually looking forward to.

Reactions: 1 person