Dumbest things wrestling fans have said

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
DDP literally said it's from the bumps. Every wrestler that has ever existed has said it's from the bumps.

You don't wear down all the ligament in your body only from injuries. You don't just have an injury for no reason.

You get an injury from bumping on your body every day for 10 or more years and every wrestler on the planet will attest to this.

Also, you can legit get lost with your patronizing. You can't say believe me over every other wrestler on Earth and say I'm dismissed.

If what they said doesn't work, what you say doesn't work, either. You can't attest to your authority over theirs. So just zip it now.

It's all fake, right? A professional wrestler explains everything
By KrackerJak for Behind the Belt
Posted TueTuesday 3 OctOctober 2017 at 10:56pm, updated WedWednesday 4 OctOctober 2017 at 5:54am
Wrestlers wearing masks stand fiercely in the ring.

Wrestling isn't "fake" — it's scripted.(Getty Images: DreamPictures)

You've probably heard of professional wrestling. But do you know what it really is?
It's not just people belting each other over the head with folding chairs.
There are compelling storylines, heroic acts of derring-do, blood-curdling extreme moments, and enough cultural complexities to make Slavoj Žižek grab his nose.
As a professional wrestler and journalist, let me take you through a few frequently asked questions that make me wonder what the hell they're teaching in schools these days.
Three wrestlers and a referee in a ring at Melbourne City Wrestling.

While the events in wrestling are staged, the physicality is real.(Supplied: Cory Lockwood Photography)Take a look through the comments to see what some of our readers had to say about scripted wrestling.So, wrestling. You mean the Olympic stuff?
No, not the Greco-Roman wrestling you might have seen at the Olympics or in Foxcatcher, where wrestlers try and pin each other to the mat.
I mean the other kind of wrestling.
The UFC?
You're getting closer, but no. The UFC, or Ultimate Fighting Championship, is a mixed martial arts competition that features people beating the snot out of each other using whatever fighting style they like.
Today's wrestling was borne out of "catch wrestling", a combat sport combining elements of Greco-Roman and European grappling.
Promoters realised that they could make more money if they started rigging elements of the competition to create stars and build anticipation for matches.
So you're saying pro wrestling is fake?
No, I'm saying it's scripted.
But wrestling did spend 100 years pouring energy into extending the illusion of legitimate competition beyond the fourth wall, to the point that rivals were forbidden from travelling together between shows.
This made it super awkward when mortal enemies Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the Iron Sheik were arrested while travelling in the same car in 1987. (They were arrested for drug possession, not for breaking "kayfabe".)
Muhammad Ali, Liberace and Hulk Hogan at Madison Square Garden in 1985.

Hulk Hogan is considered by many as the greatest professional wrestler.(Flickr.Com: Tom Simpson)What's 'kayfabe'?
Kayfabe refers to the web of illusion that disguises the contrived elements of wrestling.
Giving away results, publicly appearing out of character or writing articles like this, spoils that illusion and reveals the inner workings of wrestling to outsiders — or breaking kayfabe.
Why the big illusion?
The original idea was that punters would be more inclined to buy tickets and emotionally invest in the wrestlers if they thought the competition was real.
Rigging matches and constructing storylines raises the stakes — but the more you mess with the legitimacy of the competition, the harder it becomes to maintain the illusion of that legitimacy.
Turns out it's a slippery slope from two wrestlers grappling in a believably competitive way until one deliberately takes a dive, to two wrestlers fighting over a magical funeral urn with one wrestler burying the other alive in a giant pile of dirt and then that dirt being struck by lightning to bring that wrestler back to life. (This actually happened.)
A wrestler in the ring, while another wrestler is flying midair.

Wrestling struggles to overcome the stigma of its sporting pretence.(Supplied: Cory Lockwood Photography)
As the characters and storylines became more outlandish, the pretence to legitimacy was abandoned and today, the world's biggest wrestling promotion — the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) — has openly admitted that its wrestlers are performers engaging in storylines.
But the deception dies hard and wrestling struggles to overcome the stigma of its sporting pretence and be accepted for its theatrical reality.
So it is fake?
"Fake" is the wrong word. You don't call Wuthering Heights or Star Wars "fake", you call it fiction.
Also, while the events in wrestling are staged, the physicality is real. Like stunt performers, wrestlers execute feats of athleticism, fly, collide with each other and the floor — all while staying in character.
Unlike stunt performers, wrestlers perform these staged contests in one take, before a live audience. The ultimate theatre in the round, great wrestling is part complex choreography and part improvisation — with wrestlers feeding off each other and the crowd to create a unique work of art.
Listen to the podcast
Behind the Belt is the ABC's "deep dive" into pro wrestling.
Read more

Still, you know how to fall, so it doesn't hurt?
It all hurts. Everything we do is designed to minimise damage, but it's inevitable.
A dentist knows how to drill but that doesn't mean drilling's not both painful and risky. Likewise, we know how to hit each other and crash to the mat as safely as possible but things can still go wrong.
Even when things go right, studies reveal the physical consequences of a match to be comparable to being in a small car accident.
Why would anyone want to do this? Why would I want to watch?
Because pro wrestling is a century-old artform deftly fusing ancient performance techniques with modern pop-culture sensibilities, capturing an audience with drama, intrigue, comedy and violence, bundling the whole thing together in a sporting context.
As a wrestler, I'm able unleash elements of myself that would have me arrested should I cut loose in a similar way on public transport.
For the audience, wrestling plays out all manner of cathartic fantasies that would see you sitting in a cell next to me were you to indulge them.
Another well written article from a professional wrestler explaining how bumps are designed to take minimum damage, but still hurt.

Wrestlers break down every piece of the lie here leaving kayfabe in the dust, but they're gonna hold on to the pain part? I don't think so.

WWE News: Baron Corbin on the physical toll of pro-wrestling, "rude awakening" in WWE
I would challenge anyone who thinks that what we do isn't taxing on your body. People see what we do and think it would be fun to try but I would challenge anyone to do what we do and show them how physically demanding it is—it deserves a lot more respect. The cool thing is that people have come in from UFC or from the NFL thinking that it's going to be easy. It instantly demands respect from them and it's really cool to be a part of seeing the realism of how much this can hurt set in.
I don't even like Baron Corbin, but his tough machismo character isn't kayfabing about wrestling hurting his body.

"My wife, my son and I went on a European vacation. Three or four days walking around London. Three or four days walking around Paris. Three or four days walking around Munich. My knees were so swollen. My ankle has been operated on. It's got a plate, screws in it. My body just couldn't take walking eight to 10 miles a day. What are you gonna do? Now that you've got the time and you've got the funds to see the world with your family, you don't have a body that can participate in anything. ... When you get to be 45, 50, it takes you two hours to get out of bed. We call it the bump card. Your body only has so many bumps in it. I was never a high-flier. I was 340 pounds. I was falling seven feet. You knock me off my feet. I'm seven feet tall. That's my drop, seven feet with 340 pounds of weight going down. That's equivalent of getting rear ended at 30 miles an hour in a car. You do that 12 times a night, 300 days a year, 10 years in a row. [Recently] I got up. Gees, it took me an hour to get out of bed. Just to pick your head up off the pillow, it's miserable. It's a slow process to get moving everyday."
Kevin Nash calls not being able to get out of bed most days the bump card. I'll believe this man over a dude also posting with his keyboard.

I'll let Kevin Nash and DDP know they've never been in a ring before. And with that YOU are dismissed.

This conversation is officially over. Get back to the topic of this thread.

We won't be talking about this any further.

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
DDP literally said it's from the bumps. Every wrestler that has ever existed as said it's from the bumps.

And that’s why the claims are works, when it’s factually known that DDP got major injuries from accidents/botched, along with Nash and the others you mentioned. It virtually refutes your own argument.

DDP claims bumps hurt him, yet we know concretely each injury was from a botch/accident in the ring, notably the 2002 botch.

This conversation is officially over. Get back to the topic of this thread.

We won't be talking about this any further.

Agreed, It is indeed over, you didn’t provide proof, instead claims. Your claim is refuted. As someone who wrestles, normal protocol in wrestling/bumps don’t hurt.

Moving along and back on topic following that conclusive rebuttal and end of that topic:

Another dumb thing fans say is that mannerisms and facial expressions without mic skills matter, they call this charisma when in reality in Professional Wrestling what’s needed is Verbal Charisma

Hence despite what fans say, Shinsuke Nakamura will never draw.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Another to add is fans claiming Triple H taking over will save WWE, it will be worse than Vince owning the company.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
For future arguments, please learn what an appeal to authority fallacy is and why it doesn't work when you're discrediting other members of your field.

Now onto a much better topic, how on Earth could Triple's H's WWE be worse than the sledge that was 2020 Raw?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
For future arguments, please learn what an appeal to authority fallacy is and why it doesn't work when you're discrediting other members of your field.

Now onto a much better topic, how on Earth could Triple's H's WWE be worse than the sledge that was 2020 Raw?

He actually has a thread for it already in the NXT section I believe

Reactions: Vegeta

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
He actually has a thread for it already in the NXT section I believe
I was hoping to move along this thread onto a new subject, tbf.

Wasn't that why his NXT sucked, but I'd like to hear how it could possibly be worse than 2020 Raw.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2

That debate is over and your argument refuted, that conversation is done, get back to the OP.

Because Triple H is a mark for what doesn’t draw, it would be much worse than anything Mcmahon has ever produced.

NXT is the single worse product in wrestling today.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You seriously believe NXT is worse than last year's Raw? Raw is making me question whether or not I can still call myself a WWE fan.

Reactions: Vegeta

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That debate is over and your argument refuted, that conversation is done, get back to the OP.
tenor.gif

And I'll go wherever I want, thank you.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Here’s a dumb one, my friend once told me that he thinks Seth’s Stomp should be banned cos he might actually kill someone with it. Imagine his horror when they let him start using it again :lmao

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
To be fair, Vince stupidly thought this during Seth's entire first WWE Title run. Stupid.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The comment you replied to first was just a good piece of advice outside this specific convo.

That was directed at the argument was refuted part. Not the discussion was over part. It is over.

Instead of trying to get the last word, take your own advice. Move on.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Just because something gets better ratings, doesn’t mean it’s BETTER, just more people like it. Something be better or worse is all a matter of opinion tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk